In what order should the trilogy fall?

Where should the Trilogy fall?

• Nightmare, Secret, and Extinction should be between Ultimates Vol. 1 and 2

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Nightmare, Secret should be before Vol. 2 with Extinction coming after Vol. 2

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Nightmare, Secret, and Extinction should take place after Vol. 2

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Other... I can't see other options but try us.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
I don't think it should be broken up at all... I mean, it could go as followed -

Ultimate Nightmare...Ultimate Six/Ultimate War... Ultimate Secret... Ultimate Extinction

But all should fall between Ultimates 1 and 2. It makes more sense to me because a lot of the characters in all of these mini-series are either being killed or changed drastically and yet, in these mini-series, things are happening to them that couldn't explained in Ultimates 2. It would just make more sense that way.

Goodwill said:
I don't think it should be broken up at all... I mean, it could go as followed -

Ultimate Nightmare...Ultimate Six/Ultimate War... Ultimate Secret... Ultimate Extinction

But all should fall between Ultimates 1 and 2. It makes more sense to me because a lot of the characters in all of these mini-series are either being killed or changed drastically and yet, in these mini-series, things are happening to them that couldn't explained in Ultimates 2. It would just make more sense that way.
It makes more sense with Nightmare and Secret but they still have a chance to make changes for Extinction.

I want Galactus to majorly affect the Ultimate Universe. I don't want them to just forget about him by the time "1 year later" appears on Gods & Monsters: page 1. That would just be rediculous. Also, I don't want to see them "Defeat/outsmart" Galactus before he reaches Earth. If we've seen sketches of those drones or whatever they are and we've seen that they're job involves walking on surfaces than we'd better see them in action ON Earth's surface. Putting Extinction before Vol. 2 cheapen the whole trilogy.

I don't understand the hubub about having Extinction coming after Ults 2. Why?

It will happen before between the Ultimates volumes.

Here's the order of the Ultimate's adventures:

Ultimates: Super-Human
Ultimates: Homeland Security
Ultimate War
Ultimate Six
Ultimate Nightmare
Ultimate Secret
Ultimate Deathlock in USM
Ultimates 2: Gods and Monsters
Magnetic North
Ultimates 2: Grand Theft America
Ultimate Extinction
Ultimates 3

Why? Cuz, Obviously The whole Ultimates 1 has to happen first, and then with no interuptions for the Ultimates Ultimate war happens next. It has to because Black Widow and Hawkeye are public members at this point, and QS and SW are still shadow ops. Then Ultiamte Six occurs, QS and SW are still shadow and still no interuptions from other storys being written. Then Ultimate Nightmare occurs and Ultimate Secret. Ultimate Secret Occurs before Ultimates 2: Gods and Monsters because Thor is still up and going with the team, and Black Widow still doesn't have an assault suit. Same for engaging Ultimate Deathlock. Then Ultimates 2: GAM followed by Magnetic north because Black Widow has her assault suit, but still no traitor. Then Ultimates 2: GTA. Ultimate Extinction will be last because it will be written after Ultimates 2 is over and the writer will follow what he knows from Ultimates 2: GTA. The obviously Ultimates 3 will take place after that.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Do you mean why we want it after Ultimates 2?

Yes - I don't get why.

UltimateE said:
Yes - I don't get why.
Because Gah Lak Tus should really change the universe. You know kill a few or something. Then in Ultimates 2 not much has changed, so why read Extinction if it has no effect on the UU? :?

Pandrio said:
Because Gah Lak Tus should really change the universe. You know kill a few or something. Then in Ultimates 2 not much has changed, so why read Extinction if it has no effect on the UU? :?
Exactly! We want to read Extinction because of the massive changes that it could mean but if the changes are so small that they don't even have an impact on Ultimates 2 then why would we want to read it?

It might still be extremely important, but not RELEVANT to U2.

That's the point I think. Not that what happens is unimportant, but that it is irrelevant to U2 or... the more likely reason; it wasn't FINISHED when U2 started and as a result - Hitllar couldn't possibly have the "effects" of Extinction play a part when they didn't know what they were.

I'm happy that all the Ultimate titles are independent with only slight connections - kinda like Seven Soldiers in concept if not in execution (Seven Soldiers is much tighter - but then Morrison writes 'em all and there are only 4-issue to each title, but you get me point).

Hawkeye101 said:
Here's the order of the Ultimate's adventures:

Ultimates: Super-Human
Ultimates: Homeland Security
Ultimate War
Ultimate Six
Ultimate Nightmare
Ultimate Secret
Ultimate Deathlock in USM
Ultimates 2: Gods and Monsters
Magnetic North
Ultimates 2: Grand Theft America
Ultimate Extinction
Ultimates 3

Why? Cuz, Obviously The whole Ultimates 1 has to happen first, and then with no interuptions for the Ultimates Ultimate war happens next. It has to because Black Widow and Hawkeye are public members at this point, and QS and SW are still shadow ops. Then Ultiamte Six occurs, QS and SW are still shadow and still no interuptions from other storys being written. Then Ultimate Nightmare occurs and Ultimate Secret. Ultimate Secret Occurs before Ultimates 2: Gods and Monsters because Thor is still up and going with the team, and Black Widow still doesn't have an assault suit. Same for engaging Ultimate Deathlock. Then Ultimates 2: GAM followed by Magnetic north because Black Widow has her assault suit, but still no traitor. Then Ultimates 2: GTA. Ultimate Extinction will be last because it will be written after Ultimates 2 is over and the writer will follow what he knows from Ultimates 2: GTA. The obviously Ultimates 3 will take place after that.

This may or may not be right depending on where Extinction falls. I also thought at first that Extinction would take place after Ultimates 2, as that would make more sense since there's no mention of Gah Lak Tus in U2 at all. But now after seeing the preview for US #3, they mention that Gah Lak Tus will most likely be appearing close to Earth in a few weeks, meanign Extinction will occur a few weeks after Secret, not leaving anywhere near enough time for all of U2 to occur in between.

I also see you switched around a few of the things I corrected for you on the other one you posted, which is good, but you're still missing Ultimate Adventures, which takes place during a time jump in Ultimates #6. Giant Man is still on the team, so we know it occurs before he beats up Janet towards the end of #6, so after Super-Human and before Homeland Security. And you also missed a few other Ultimates appearances in other titles, most notably the Ultimates at the end of UXM's Return of the King arc, and then smaller cameos like Iron Man in USM #28 and Wasp also in USM during the Public Scrutiny arc.

Last edited:
Goodwill said:

I'm not understanding that ordering at all. Why do you have Nightmare occuring before Ultimate Six and Ultimate War? Its pretty apparent that Six and War occur BEFORE any of the Gah Lak Tus trilogy.

Who wants to start their own mythology and make sure continuity and chronological order is in check. Extinction before U2 makes little to no sense. A world wide thread occurs and in the beginning of U2 Jan's in an interview where the reporter asks if they're really necessary? :roll:

What the **** is so hard about making things work over there. I'm going to win the lottery and take charge of Joe Q's ***.

secret stated that it was before ultimates 2, and i think galaktus would have at least been mentioned in Ultimates 2, although the cover of UE #1 would ruin the captain america being the traitor theory if it was set after ultimates 2. Plus it wouldnt make sense for Ultimate nightmare to be before Ultimate war, seeing as that was the Xmen and ultimates first meeting, and in ultimate nightmare they already hate each other.

Last edited:
Spade said:
as long as extinction takes place after all the present stories its ok with me!

Thats how most of us would like it to occur, but its becoming more and more apparent Extinction will occur before Ultimates 2 on the timeline. Doesn't make much sense given the magnitude of Gah Lak Tus' threat, but oh well.

Johnny Bravo said:
Trilogiy's irrelevant. Get over it.

HEATHEN!!! Ultimate Gah Lak Tus will devour your hometown for such insolence. You're just mad cuz he isn't wearing a dress and weird hat.

Latest posts

Back