In what order should the trilogy fall?

Where should the Trilogy fall?

• Nightmare, Secret, and Extinction should be between Ultimates Vol. 1 and 2

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Nightmare, Secret should be before Vol. 2 with Extinction coming after Vol. 2

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Nightmare, Secret, and Extinction should take place after Vol. 2

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Other... I can't see other options but try us.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
DIrishB said:
Thats how most of us would like it to occur, but its becoming more and more apparent Extinction will occur before Ultimates 2 on the timeline. Doesn't make much sense given the magnitude of Gah Lak Tus' threat, but oh well.
Too bad, so sad :cry: :( :cry: .

Not really. Suppose, Ultimate Secret takes place after Ultimates 2? Of course this would require, Thor being re-established, Hawkeye surviving, and Black Widow and Iron Man not getting married. Which would also explain Why Hawkeye and Black Widow are apparently flirting (His wife is dead, and she doesn't marry Iron Man). But these things must happen so there is no continuity glitch. Also Unless there is a slight possiblity that Ultimate Secret doesn't go straight into Ultimate Extinction. If they're is enough leeway to put in A few months or even a few weeks then this time line works:

Ultimates: Super-human
Ultimates: Homeland Security
Ultimate War
Ultimate Six
Ultimate Deathlock in USM
Ultimate Nightmare
Ultimate Chrono-terrorists in UFF
Ultimate Secret
Ultimates 2: Gods and Monsters
Magnetic North
Ultimates 2: Annual
Ultimates 2: Grand theft America
Ultimate Extinction
Ultimates 3

Last edited:
Hawkeye101 said:
Not really. Suppose, Ultimate Secret takes place after Ultimates 2? Of course this would require, Thor being re-established, Hawkeye surviving, and Black Widow and Iron Man not getting married. Which would also explain Why Hawkeye and Black Widow are apparently flirting (His wife is dead, and she doesn't marry Iron Man). But these things must happen so there is no continuity glitch. Also Unless there is a slight possiblity that Ultimate Secret doesn't go straight into Ultimate Extinction. If they're is enough leeway to put in A few months or even a few weeks then this time line works:

Ultimates: Super-human
Ultimates: Homeland Security
Ultimate War
Ultimate Six
Ultimate Deathlock in USM
Ultimate Nightmare
Ultimate Secret
Ultimates 2: Gods and Monsters
Magnetic North
Ultimates 2: Annual
Ultimates 2: Grand theft America
Ultimate Extinction
Ultimates 3

Ummm, it specifically states at the beginning of Ultimate Secret that it takes places before Ultimates 2, so theres no doubt about that. And its almost confirmed Extinction will take place before Ultimates 2 as well, unfortunately. I prefer the way you have it set up, but with the estimate that Gah Lak Tus will arrive on Earth within just a few weeks (from the Ultimate Secret #3 preview) that doesn't leave enough time for Ultimates 2 to occur.

You also have this in the wrong spot, as the Ultimates are in their Ultimates 2 costumes, meaning it must come AFTER Ultimate Nightmare:

You're not real good at this timeline stuff huh Hawkeye? No offense but you've been wrong on like every one so far.

DIrishB said:
You're not real good at this timeline stuff huh Hawkeye? No offense but you've been wrong on like every one so far.

Play nice kids.....

Seriously guys, the trilogy was ****ed in the *** by Marvel, they're not gonna play about with the Ultimates ongoing just to make some fanboys happy, and Millar has specifically said everything Ellis and Bendis is doing with the Ultimates comes before Ultimates2.

Its about time to realise Marvel don't give a flying ****.

Johnny Bravo said:
Play nice kids.....

Seriously guys, the trilogy was ****ed in the *** by Marvel, they're not gonna play about with the Ultimates ongoing just to make some fanboys happy, and Millar has specifically said everything Ellis and Bendis is doing with the Ultimates comes before Ultimates2.

Its about time to realise Marvel don't give a flying ****.

I am playing nice, just pointing out his boo-boo, for like the third time...sorry, I'm only human so my patience in having to correct the SAME THING OVER AND OVER is limited.

In my opinion, Ellis doing ultimate marvel = :arrgh:
UFF was an absolute joke when he was scribing and most of Nightmare was a waste of paper. Give Millar something like this so that we can have a big, mindless smash fest where everyone dies and galactus blows up half the earth. Atleast Millar knows the characters since he's written for all of them.... And **** marvel for screwing up the timeline... We already know everythings gonna be peachy in the end with the ultimates. :?

What would be cool is if Jean Grey went nuts on Gah Lak Tus and phoenixed his ***. :D . We don't really know how the X-men fit into all of this.

germane said:
In my opinion, Ellis doing ultimate marvel = :arrgh:
UFF was an absolute joke when he was scribing and most of Nightmare was a waste of paper.

Gotta disagree with those, I liked his run on UFF. Wasn't spectacular, but a fun read. I had a few issues with Nightmare (mainly character motivation continuity) but it was negligible. I've really liked Ultimate Secret so far though, its just been a really fun read.

Give Millar something like this so that we can have a big, mindless smash fest where everyone dies and galactus blows up half the earth. Atleast Millar knows the characters since he's written for all of them.... And **** marvel for screwing up the timeline... We already know everythings gonna be peachy in the end with the ultimates. :?

This is true. Its extremely anti-climactic knowing everyone will make it through Ultimate Gah Lak Tus unscathed. I mean, we knew he wasn't going to destroy the Earth and end the Ultimate universe, but it would have been nice to have been kept in the dark about certain characters dying or not.

What would be cool is if Jean Grey went nuts on Gah Lak Tus and phoenixed his ***. :D . We don't really know how the X-men fit into all of this.

Possibility. Since there won't be an Ultimate Ultimate Nullifier, Ellis must have something up his sleeve for beating Gah Lak Tus.

Gotta disagree with those, I liked his run on UFF. Wasn't spectacular, but a fun read. I had a few issues with Nightmare (mainly character motivation continuity) but it was negligible. I've really liked Ultimate Secret so far though, its just been a really fun read.

Well.... I think I just disliked the overall impact of Ellis' Doom storyline. N Zone wasn't as bad, especially with Kubert back on board for that one. Nightmare just felt really, really drawn out and the whole X-men + ultimates battle felt completely silly, especially between Fury and Wolverine considering their history. Ultimate secret though? yay kree and captain marvel!

germane said:
Well.... I think I just disliked the overall impact of Ellis' Doom storyline. N Zone wasn't as bad, especially with Kubert back on board for that one. Nightmare just felt really, really drawn out and the whole X-men + ultimates battle felt completely silly, especially between Fury and Wolverine considering their history. Ultimate secret though? yay kree and captain marvel!

Dude, my thoughts exactly on Nightmare. Read this thread here to see what I mean:

http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4094&page=1

Warren Ellis' Doom arc is one of the best stories in the UU. N-Zone wasn't that great, but I may go read it again...

ProjectX2 said:
Warren Ellis' Doom arc is one of the best stories in the UU. N-Zone wasn't that great, but I may go read it again...

I've liked all the UFF arcs so far, each has been pretty different while staying within the guidelines of what the FF are all about (Fantastic, uh, stuff), though I haven't been too impressed with the Crossover arc storywise, though I was with Millar's in-joke to the fans. I think the Namor arc coming up will probably stand out as one of the best, just have a good feeling about this arc.

The only problem with Extinction occurring after Ultimates 2 is that SHIELD and the Ultimates are more concerned with a single traitor in their midst and a couple of third world countries manufacturing nukes then an impending intergalactic threat that could potentially destroy the entire world.

If Extinction occurs before Ultimates 2, the reason why Millar would have never mentioned it is simple. He doesn't want to ruin Ellis' storyline by telling its aftermath, not to mention probably not knowing the complete details on what Ellis has planned for Gah Lak Tus.

cmdrjanjalani said:
If Extinction occurs before Ultimates 2, the reason why Millar would have never mentioned it is simple. He doesn't want to ruin Ellis' storyline by telling its aftermath, not to mention probably not knowing the complete details on what Ellis has planned for Gah Lak Tus.

Really? Didn't think of that :roll:

That's no excuse. If I were involved with those writer's I would have made Millar reference, for god's sakes at least make a tiny reference, to it by now. You don't have to blow up the whole story just to make Galactus even seem like a major threat. You don't even have to know details. Just say the things name with the other word, disaster, in the same sentence. Not hard to do.

cmdrjanjalani said:
Well, that's obvious, but it still lowers the enjoyment of the story. Not only have they not mentioned it, but nothing seems to have happened.

Pandrio said:
Well, that's obvious, but it still lowers the enjoyment of the story. Not only have they not mentioned it, but nothing seems to have happened.
The operative word is SEEMS -- there is still plenty of room for dramatic changes that don't necessarily require a mention during later events.

I think it's a fairly safe guess that Galactus won't eat the planet, or even destroy a whole continent, because, yes, that kind of damage would NEED to be acknowledged in U2.

However, we HAVE seen massive properly destruction happening to entire parts of big cities -- Las Vegas in UFF, for example -- without it being addressed in other titles that have notihg to do with Las Vegas.

So there's plenty of room for the Big G to take a bite out of, say, Burkina Fasso, or Cleveland, or the Antarctic, and we'd never have to read a word about it elsewhere, afterwards.

As for characters's status quo being resolved, there's still been no mention of the present condition of Sam Wilson/Falcon, the original Vision, Mar-Vell, the Kree, or Carol Danvers in any of the stories taking place after Ultmate Secret. So it's waaaay too soon to conclude that "nothing happens" to them, by the end of the Trilogy.

With that in mind, it doesn't make a difference to me when Extinction takes palce, chronologically.

compound said:
The operative word is SEEMS -- there is still plenty of room for dramatic changes that don't necessarily require a mention during later events.

I think it's a fairly safe guess that Galactus won't eat the planet, or even destroy a whole continent, because, yes, that kind of damage would NEED to be acknowledged in U2.

However, we HAVE seen massive properly destruction happening to entire parts of big cities -- Las Vegas in UFF, for example -- without it being addressed in other titles that have notihg to do with Las Vegas.

So there's plenty of room for the Big G to take a bite out of, say, Burkina Fasso, or Cleveland, or the Antarctic, and we'd never have to read a word about it elsewhere, afterwards.

As for characters's status quo being resolved, there's still been no mention of the present condition of Sam Wilson/Falcon, the original Vision, Mar-Vell, the Kree, or Carol Danvers in any of the stories taking place after Ultmate Secret. So it's waaaay too soon to conclude that "nothing happens" to them, by the end of the Trilogy.

With that in mind, it doesn't make a difference to me when Extinction takes palce, chronologically.

Good points, but it makes a difference to me when it takes place. But thats just me and my whacky linear thinking.

Latest posts

Back