Indiana Jones 4 discussion (Spoilers!)

How would you rate Indiana Jones?

• Total voters
I've been glancing through the Darabont Indy script... I'm up to about page 30 right now. I don't understand how Darabont did not get a writing credit or whatever. The movie is so similar... kids driving cars through the desert, Indy and his foreign sidekick, Russian soldiers pretending to be US soldiers and infiltrating a military base, Indy's sidekick being a double agent and stuff, atom bomb test in the town... I presume it's going to differ later on, otherwise it feels like Koepp has just ripped everything off.

Last edited:
I am totally on board for another Indy movie. Time has proven that the odd movies are better than the even ones... and I think with Oxley in the Brody position and less need to re-establish the character, it could turn out great.

I've been glancing through the Darabont Indy script... I'm up to about page 30 right now. I don't understand how Darabont did not get a writing credit or whatever. The movie is so similar... kids driving cars through the desert, Indy and his foreign sidekick, Russian soldiers pretending to be US soldiers and infiltrating a military base, Indy's sidekick being a double agent and stuff, atom bomb test in the town... I presume it's going to differ later on, otherwise it feels like Koepp has just ripped everything off.

I remember reading Koepp basically just took ideas and portions of the numerous previously written scripts (by different writers) and just incorporated what he felt worked best. Apparently the finished product is a mismash of all the scripts.

I am totally on board for another Indy movie. Time has proven that the odd movies are better than the even ones... and I think with Oxley in the Brody position and less need to re-establish the character, it could turn out great.

Well said. Besides, I'd still like to know what the **** happened to Abner Ravenwood. Its probably unlikely in a fifth movie (due to the 20+ years in the films' timelines), but a mention of it would be nice (as was done with the Pancho Villa/Young Indy TV show mention in Crystal Skull).

Ah, whatever. A fifth Indy movie is pretty likely after the box office pull of Indy 4. Its well over half a billion, and by the time its out of theaters and the DVDs are out, it'll definitly have grossed over a billion. Of course, with a budget of almost 200 million, the studio and Lucasfilm was banking on the obviously big returns. I have no doubt they'll do it again, now that the idea of Indy succeeding at the box office in present day has been cemented in.

On box office mojo, the overall take for this movie so far is $740,570,965...by the time the DVD comes out (or when it comes out I should say) this movie will most likely hit the $1 Billion mark.

So, yeah...I'm thinking we'll see an Indy 5 without any doubt.

On box office mojo, the overall take for this movie so far is $740,570,965...by the time the DVD comes out (or when it comes out I should say) this movie will most likely hit the $1 Billion mark.

I definitely ain't gonna see it

Overall as in worldwide + domestically? 'Cuz in EW a while back, they had said it was passed that, from which I posted:

This movie has already made $2.3 BILLION dollars worldwide. :shock:
And they quoted that from two box office sites (B.O.M. being one of them).

I definitely ain't gonna see it

I definitly doubt that matters. Its made 3/4 of a billion dollars in less than 2 months. You're $8-10 in comparison really isn't so important. Just saying. I still don't understand your hatred of it, but I accept it as your opinion. I liked it, and personally would like to see the series continue. And if they do make another Indy movie, we can both have our way: I can go see it in theaters on opening day...and you can choose not to. :)

Everybody wins!! Especially George Lucas, Harrison Ford, and Steven Speilberg.

Overall as in worldwide + domestically?

Foreign + Domestic = Worldwide. ;)

'Cuz in EW a while back, they had said it was passed that, from which I posted:

And they quoted that from two box office sites (B.O.M. being one of them).

Here's the link.

Its through today according to the website. I don't think it made that much. Maybe that was an estimate including merchandising sales?

Last edited:
Saw this awhile ago and forgot to vote

I voted **** as it wasn't as good as the originals and had some silly parts e.g Indy in a fridge! But the most part you know what? I enjoyed it. And it was great seeing him in the role again.

I admit the acting was tired, but I still think Crystal Skull was better than Temple of Doom.

YES! finally someone who agrees with me.

I didn't grow up on Indiana Jones, so I don't have nostalgic memories of the original trilogy like some people do. I watched them all the week before I saw Crystal Skull in 08, and i thought, well Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade were kind of cool, but Temple of Doom was one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. Then when I went and saw Crystal Skull and everyone was so upset, I was thinking, it wasn't much more corny than raiders, or last crusade and it was leaps and bounds better than temple of doom.

I honestly think that everyone looks at the original indy trilogy through rose coloured glasses. I'm sure I do the same thing for other movies (like the original Star Wars trilogy)

Latest posts

Back