Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
This comic is awesome.

If you fell in love with Raiders of the Lost Ark the first time you saw it (like I did), I guarantee the same will happen if you read this comic. It is pure Indiana Awesomeness.

The old Dark Horse Indy tales from the 90's pretty much all sucked. The stories were lame, and the art was very rough.

This new mini is the exact opposite. It truly feels like an Indy tale, from the plot, the MacGuffin, the characters. I can literally hear Harrison Ford's voice reading the lines...because there's no doubt Indy would react just as the writer (Rob Williams) pens him.

The artwork is beautiful. I'd never heard of Steve Scott before this comic, but I'll be looking for his work in the future. This guy's work is almost comparable to Bryan Hitch. Its tight, extremely detailed, though slightly less realistic than Hitch's. I love it. I seriously stared at the artwork in this book for awhile. Even his backgrounds show an amazing level of detail. This guy is awesome.

#2 just came out this week, and I haven't picked it up yet, but am looking forward to it.

Seriously, even if you're not a big Indy fan, this comic is worth a read. At least give it a DL to see what I'm talking about. It is SO worth checking out.

I was initially interested in this but completely forgot about it. I'll try and catch up!

Latest posts

Back