Inspiration

The problem is that I don't think I'm a good enough artist to do the kind of stories I want to tell, so drawing something of my own seems like kind of an unlikely idea. Since any script I write will probably never be fully realized, I've kind of stupidly held back on actually writing comic book scripts and instead done some prose and poetry (I write comic reviews and editorials for my school newspaper too).

This maybe a silly idea dude but If you want to make a comic and don't think your art is good enough (personally I think your drawings kick ***) then have you thought about writing out a story and a basic script and having someone else do the drawing?

It would also give you more freedom to imagine with out also worrying about the art. Unless i'm mistaken that's how all great comics are done and you could create something great

*rolls eyes*

That's what I type, but it's just not quite the same.

In terms of inspiration, I've had an excellent horror story brewing for a long time that I've only thought of actually writing down recently. I'm not sure if I will, though. The thing with this story is that unless I can find some profound or allegorical way to write it, I probably won't write it at all. All it is right now is just a really detailed, really scary story. In other words, it's only real purpose right now is to terrify the reader, and what's the point of inflicting something like that on the world?

Another thing is that in a lot of ways I myself am almost too scared of the story to write it. A week ago I was talking about it with my dad at night and told him the title I was considering, and just doing that gave me the creeps for hours. It just made it that much more real, if you can understand.

Last edited:
The Beatles, The Office (UK), The Shawshank Redemption, The Lord of the Rings, the final scene in Six Feet Under and the Wise Up sequence in Magnolia are all things that have inspired me a lot.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back