Internet Research Requests

ourchair

A thread for people to post requests for help or information regarding locating research material on the Web.

You know, because Google can sometimes be context-difficult, Technorati works best with blogs, and AskJeeves is useless now.

Anyway, I'm working on an idea right now involving well... pirates.

And I want to know, if anyone knows a decent guide to the history of piracy in the Spanish Main/Caribbean and concise biographical information on the Web. I really want to get the book The Complete Idiot's Guide to Pirates by Gail Sellinger but that means paying money to order it and waiting for it to ship.

Wikipedia is a little difficult to manage because it's densely loaded with factual and historical information and I want something that cuts to the heart and spirit of the history and people, not an All There Is To Know thing.

Makes me wish I had trading cards for this.

Anyway yeah... concise Web references on pirates.

I hate researching, with all my heart and soul. I long for the day when I no longer have to do anytype of research paper.

I hate researching, with all my heart and soul. I long for the day when I no longer have to do anytype of research paper.
I love research. I just hate deadlines.

But this isn't for school, though. It's for more random pop cultural made-up wankery.

I love research. I just hate deadlines.

But this isn't for school, though. It's for more random pop cultural made-up wankery.

What you should do is call all the Barnes & Nobles and Borders in your area to see if they have the book in stock. It's a long shot, but one of them might. And when you find one that does just go in, pick it up off the shelf, and take notes in the store.

What you should do is call all the Barnes & Nobles and Borders in your area to see if they have the book in stock. It's a long shot, but one of them might. And when you find one that does just go in, pick it up off the shelf, and take notes in the store.
I live in the Philippines. We don't have a Barnes & Nobles or Borders.

We do have bookstores that aren't necessarily badly stocked, but the staff is really bad at locating inventory of stuff that isn't necessarily constantly in demand.

Last edited:
I live in the Philippines. We don't have a Barnes & Nobles or Borders.

We do have bookstores that aren't necessarily badly stocked, but the staff is really bad at locating inventory of stuff that isn't necessarily constantly in demand.

Well, bollocks.

I love research. I just hate having to use it for something productive.

Pirate trading cards would rule.

I wish this thread had been made when I was trying to find a history of Ancient Greek currency and what method of payment was used during the Trojan War.

Stupid assignments.

I have to prepare a 5 minute presentation on "what happens to make the letter 'T' appear on the screen while using a word processor, when you press the 'T' key on the keyboard"

Its for my interview for an IT teacher training course, and is aimed at 15 year olds.

I have to prepare a 5 minute presentation on "what happens to make the letter 'T' appear on the screen while using a word processor, when you press the 'T' key on the keyboard"

Its for my interview for an IT teacher training course, and is aimed at 15 year olds.

It's funny you should say that. I've had to do the exact same thing.

Whatever you do, don't go to the 9th search result you get on Google. It has nothing to do with computers. It's all witchcraft and goblin sex.

Goblin sex. What the hell?!

I need to write an 8 paper on the issue of homelessness and was wondering if anyone could help out. I'm gonna try to directed the issue towards a certain geographical area that you wouldnt expect homeless people to be. If anyone could help that would be awesome

I'm in the middle of writing a 1500-worder on the Economic Effects of the Cold War on Europe.

If anyone can find anything good on the net about this, I would love them. The main things I'm looking for are Economic Statistics, mainly what was the cost of the Nuclear Arms Race, and the Space Program.

Latest posts

Back