Avengers Invincible Iron Man series discussion (spoilers)

Issued

Invincible Iron Man #11
Iron Man beats The Sentry using his powers against him and lets The Sentry steal the radio of the Iron Man armor.When The Sentry gets too ****ed up by all the voices Iron Man flies away.

Next target of the assasin is talking to the whole world inside the stadium,Nick Fury and the New Avengers are there to protect the guy.After a while they notice the Iron Man is headTing to stadium.New Avengers fall after the armor while Tony is pursuing the actual assasin.

The kid that controls says that he controls a chip in Tony's head ,which his father has installed.Since Tony controls the armor with his head he gets control of the armors too.

A sniper from SHIELD shoots the kid in the head and activates a code from Tony's brain.The issue ends with all the old Iron Man armors starting to work.

Last edited:
Hibiki said:
I never really liked any of the covers to this series.

That's crazy. And not good crazy like Ellis' Nextwave crazy...............I mean like Michael Jackson-Jesus Juice crazy.

Granov has made some of the most beautiful Iron Man covers.....................ever.

God , i have just seen the answers. How can someone not like these covers.
Well , i personally didn't like the armor on the extremis storyline so the covers didn't make me feel that excited(still they had a reaaaaaal fascinating style).but with the final armor design. EVERY SİNGLE COVER FROM IRON MAN IS WORTHY OF BEING A WALLPAPER starting from the 6th issue.and yes it's all because of the style.I don't think Iron Man could be drawn any better.

Last edited:
I started picking up the series with this volume entirely I because I love Ellis, and decided to keep going, since the Knaufs were coming on board... I gave up with issue #10, this really could be the most dull, generic thing ever. I was just curious whether they're going to undo all of Ellis's Extremis developments in the very next arc. It looked like they were heading that way for a while.
And I love Zircher on Cable/Deadpool, but this isn't working, no.

Invvınccıble Iron Man #12

Well it's a little too late to write this one, i just didnt have time to post it.
And it's been nearly more than a month since i read it.

This one should have been a road to civil war issue or something like that :)
Just a little too late

All the armor designs Tony made goes berserk all over the country , every other hero is fighting them.Iron Man destroys all his armor designs one by one. He finally fights the new Hulk-Buster unit , which he can't beat. So he stops his heart to stop Hulk-Buster (they have a pretty nice explanation to this situation , but i'm too lazy to write it).In the hospital (even with the help of Extremis Tony has to lay low sometimes) Tony says "all superheroes are like guns, they can do great damage when they go bad , and the last time i checked it guns are supposed to be registered".

In my opinion, this was a nice story until this final issue , which should have been released like a week before Amazing Spider-Man #529 instead of sometime around Civil War #3.And one final comment is , Tony beats up every single armor , but the weird thing is all the rest of Marvel Universe couldn't stop those armors!!so is Iron Man stronger than the whole Marvel Universe right now??

wow! great noone talked about #12

noone wrote anything about #13

and now we have #14 and still noone is talking about it :) cool.

In short,

Iron Man meets the resistance in the middle of a stadium,
he talks with Cap than some lights flash (which noone has no idea about what they are) and they start fighting
suddenly Luke Cage and Spider-Man attacks Iron Man (and some girl I couldn't understand who she was).

But apperreantly Tony has new tricks, he says that he tricked his battle-suit
so that it can imitate Peter's spider-sense, and also neutralize the one Peter has(Venom trick :)).

Cap escapes, Luke gets thrown a few miles away from the stadium, and Spider-Man gets beaten up pretty bad (but IM doesn't catch him because he promised Cap that it's an unofficial meeting).

Then Sue Storm enters Tony apartment and blames him about the destruction of her marriage.

This was one of this week's surprise issues, hope someone will check it out.

I dropped this after Ellis's story arc, and I'm thinking about reading it again once Tony becomes Director of SHIELD. How good is it so far?

Well, to be honest

Execute Program wasn't the best arc ever, and I actually expected a lot more than that after a story as great as Extremis.

But the Civil War tie-in issues are awesome! If you dropped the book you missed a lot, go to your local comic shop and check them out, if you like them get them :)

That's all that can be said, they had cool stories so far
#13 was about how Civil War affected Tony and his inner circle including his bodyguard(yes, he has one!).And it was a real nice story

#14 is about how his bodyguard's wife and other heroes are affected from Tony.Especially his confrontation with Sue Storm was awesome!

Give Iron Man a chance you won't regret it.

The new issue was very good. And showed Iron Man in a new light. To bad that they did the same thing in the special.

Last edited:
The new issue was very good. And showed Iron Man in a new light. To bad that they did the same thing in the special.
not exactly the same :)
The special focuses on his relationship with Cap and how much Tony respects him no matter what happens.I especially loved the part that he said "I gave you my hand to work things out and you put an electro blah blah thingie on it"

On the other hand the latest issues focus on his inner circle and his own feelings.I totally loved Tony's behaviour to Spider-Man's betrayal. This week made Iron Man look a little less evil than the rest of the Civil War. Lovin it so far
5/5

not exactly the same :)
The special focuses on his relationship with Cap and how much Tony respects him no matter what happens.I especially loved the part that he said "I gave you my hand to work things out and you put an electro blah blah thingie on it"

On the other hand the latest issues focus on his inner circle and his own feelings.I totally loved Tony's behaviour to Spider-Man's betrayal. This week made Iron Man look a little less evil than the rest of the Civil War. Lovin it so far
5/5

Good points.

So should we discuss the "Iron Man: Director of SHIELD" in this thread or just make a new one?

Because it was good. Real good. Not Extremis good....but "I'll Keep Getting It" good.

Last edited:
I agree, I am really enjoying the new Iron Man, and I think as far as his new roll in life, being the director of SHIELD is just about perfect. but all I can say is WTF DUM DUM DUGAN?!? I don't understand why this character still pops up all the time :p Ah well, stil going really well and I am having good fun with it.
4/5

It was. I'm still waiting for the ****ing trade to arrive. :evil:

Do you have it on order or something? The trade is definitely out. I sold it to a guy last week. And I bought the Premier HC for my brother for Christmas.
Yeah, the soft cover trade is definitely out.

Last edited:
I was not a big Extremis fan.

The new issue was pretty good. I just don't understand how Dugan could work for Hill but not want to work for Tony. It doesn't really make sense.

Latest posts

Back