Iron Fist Movie- sometime in the future.

Stephen Chow as Iron Fist? No sir. Shang Chi maybe, but not Iron Fist. While I'm all for varying ethnicities for some roles (Kingpin, best piece of casting in the entire Daredevil crapfest) I think Iron Fist is best as a gaijin martial arts master.

Now, Stephen Chow directing would be cool...

Stephen Chow as Iron Fist? No sir. Shang Chi maybe, but not Iron Fist. While I'm all for varying ethnicities for some roles (Kingpin, best piece of casting in the entire Daredevil crapfest) I think Iron Fist is best as a gaijin martial arts master.

Now, Stephen Chow directing would be cool...

Rufio should be Shang-Chi.

You do know Ray park knows martial arts right? blackbelt as a matter of fact.

So dont see what your getting mad about.

He was also Darth Maul and The Headless Horseman, in terms of action sequences I think Park is a good choice. Unfortunately, I don't think he has the acting chops to carry a movie on his own.

The director and writer make me want to slit my wrists though.

poo is slightly than the diarrhea that this will be

ARE WE DONE YET? frickin Ice Cube cheaper by the dozen, rassum frassum

UGH!
You're crying about other movies he's done when you should see that those genres/styles of movies are nothing like what Iron Fist is/will be. You can't compare him directing Iron Fist to directing Are We There Yet? because they have absolutely nothing in common as to the types of movies they are.

It's one thing to not like what he's directed in the past, but comparing this to his previous work isn't something you can do.

You're crying about other movies he's done when you should see that those genres/styles of movies are nothing like what Iron Fist is/will be. You can't compare him directing Iron Fist to directing Are We There Yet? because they have absolutely nothing in common as to the types of movies they are.

It's one thing to not like what he's directed in the past, but comparing this to his previous work isn't something you can do.

i suppose, but that doesn't make me happy about the director

Actually you can, but only from a cinematic point of view. But this also means he's inexperience with this genre. I think Marvel only hired him cause he was cheap. But as I said we'd have to wait and see if he rises to the challenge

Actually you can, but only from a cinematic point of view.
How so?

Because what I mean is that in the past he's done family type movies from what's listed and Iron Fist isn't that. Two different genres that have things being done totally different ways.

How so?

Because what I mean is that in the past he's done family type movies from what's listed and Iron Fist isn't that. Two different genres that have things being done totally different ways.

As I said "only from a cinematic point of view" You can criticize how he directs, but this takes a lot more insight. Its not what he's direct, but how.

As I said "only from a cinematic point of view" You can criticize how he directs, but this takes a lot more insight. Its not what he's direct, but how.
But the how does also involve what.

The material you're dealing with is a big part of how you'll do it. So the maybe it's not just "what" alone, but the what is a part of it no matter what.

:lol: Iron Fist , Not relevant to the movie but everytime I hear Iron Fist now I'm reminded of Spider-man friend or foe with the "his name is not funny" "his costume is also not funny" scene :lol: :lol:

But the how does also involve what.

The material you're dealing with is a big part of how you'll do it. So the maybe it's not just "what" alone, but the what is a part of it no matter what.
*sigh*
Actually you can, but only from a cinematic point of view.
As in, how he makes the movie, how well he directs as a director, the decision he makes, does he really think about the characters, etc. That's only judging the quality of directing, not the premise being directed. And as I said that requires a lot more insight to him and his directing abilities.
But this also means he's inexperience with this genre. I think Marvel only hired him cause he was cheap. But as I said we'd have to wait and see if he rises to the challenge
This is a valid point, he's never directed a martial arts film, or even an action film. There is a chance he can be really good at it, but a bigger chance he'll drop it.

But you shouldn't mock a guy for making a family oriented film, a job's a job. And you can't expect Marvel to throw out the big bucks for an ace director, When A.) They're still very new to being a studio B.) Iron Fist does not have enough public recognition to expect a substantial return and C.) ... I had another point but forgot it while typing...:?

This all reminds me of the Extras episode where Ian McKellen explains he wasn't actually Gandalf, he was just playing him in a movie.

Extras is great.

Whoa, I was JUST going to mention how I saw that episode for the first time last night in the "Extras" thread.

Guess I don't have to now. (Although I'll probably post my thoughts about Season 2 Disc 2 in general sometime soon.)

*sigh*
As in, how he makes the movie, how well he directs as a director, the decision he makes, does he really think about the characters, etc. That's only judging the quality of directing, not the premise being directed. And as I said that requires a lot more insight to him and his directing abilities.This is a valid point, he's never directed a martial arts film, or even an action film. There is a chance he can be really good at it, but a bigger chance he'll drop it.
And "*sigh*" the "what" still plays a factor no matter what you say. I agree with all that, but it still does also (notice I'm saying also, I'm not dismissing what you're posting) matters what he is doing. There's a difference of what decision he makes, thinking about characters, how he directs (hell any director) depending on the type of movie you're doing.

Again, I see what you're saying, I agree with what you're saying, but it's not that just alone.

And by the looks of it, we'll just go back and forth here. :?

But you shouldn't mock a guy for making a family oriented film, a job's a job. And you can't expect Marvel to throw out the big bucks for an ace director, When A.) They're still very new to being a studio B.) Iron Fist does not have enough public recognition to expect a substantial return and C.) ... I had another point but forgot it while typing...:?
I never mocked anyone...

This thread should be in the museum.

Latest posts

Back