Iron Fist (Newsy discussion)

I just finished episode 8. It's not incredible, but it's fun. I don't understand why people think Finn Jones was poor casting for Danny. He does the hippy naive laid back thing really well, which works for Iron Fist. Also, having him
traumatized by his parents' death and by his training is a nice touch.

In case you thought that scene in episode 10 wasn't cool enough

I just finished episode 8. It's not incredible, but it's fun. I don't understand why people think Finn Jones was poor casting for Danny. He does the hippy naive laid back thing really well, which works for Iron Fist. Also, having him
traumatized by his parents' death and by his training is a nice touch.

I don't buy Finn Jones as a martial arts master, which makes him perfect for Danny Rand. It's not a mindblowing series, but it's consistent in it's quality. I'm about to start episode twelve and so far there's no dips like Daredevil and Luke Cage had. It's not as good, but it's nice to have consistency.

Last edited:
I am confused about
Madam Gao. In Daredevil she wasn't part of the Hand. And also, the monks that rescued Danny were from the Order of the Crane Mother. That's clearly her. When did she become bad?

But I'm only four episodes in. Maybe it all gets explained.

Okay, after six episodes I can see why it got bad reviews. That was by far the worst episode yet and a poor one to end on.
The drug addiction storyline just doesn't matter. And Bride of Nine Spiders reminded me of Poison Ivy from Batman Forever.
It's disappointing b/c I've been waiting for the show to get more comic book-ish, but they really didn't pull it off. The scenes with Claire and Colleen were really the only good parts of the episode.

I thought episode 6 was one of the best ones. That Take On Me scene felt like something out of Suda 51 game and the gauntlet was incredible. I loved Bride of the Nine Spiders and her poison, Sythe was cool too. Danny and Colleen have great chemistry as well, much better than Luke and Jessica did.

I am confused about
Madam Gao. In Daredevil she wasn't part of the Hand. And also, the monks that rescued Danny were from the Order of the Crane Mother. That's clearly her. When did she become bad?

But I'm only four episodes in. Maybe it all gets explained.

Keep watching.

Top three scene
3. Su Hua Chi
2. The only scene with a hammer
1. Take On Me

I'm up to episode 9. I agree that the legend of drunken master fight was pretty cool. But I did not enjoy the scene with the hammer. Or the ice cream scoop.

I'm confused about
Ward and the Steel Serpent herione. They have established it isn't illegal, so why is he arrested for possession?

So far, the show isn't terrible, but it certainly isn't very tightly written. Overall, it has me interested, but only because it ties into the rest off the shows.

I'm up to episode 9. I agree that the legend of drunken master fight was pretty cool. But I did not enjoy the scene with the hammer. Or the ice cream scoop.

I'm confused about
Ward and the Steel Serpent herione. They have established it isn't illegal, so why is he arrested for possession?

So far, the show isn't terrible, but it certainly isn't very tightly written. Overall, it has me interested, but only because it ties into the rest off the shows.

The hammer scene gave me the biggest laugh of the show, the ice cream scene was just mean.

When was it established that heroin isn't illegal?

Why is everyone mad that Danny isn't Asian but no one cares that Davos isnt either? (well, I guess he's from Indian descent, which is Asian, but I mean East Asian.) Or that Coleen is Asian? (I know she's half Asian in the comics, but she has red hair and blue eyes.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back