Iron Fist (Newsy discussion)

"Iron Fist" adds Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing

FB-colleen-wing-ac015.jpg

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" star Jessica Henwick is rocketing over to Netflix for Marvel's "Iron Fist." According to Entertainment Weekly, she'll play martial arts expert Colleen Wing, who "will serve as an invaluable ally to Iron Fist, aka Danny Rand (Finn Jones), as he returns to his life in New York."

Marvel confirmed the casting with CBR.

Iron Fist adds Lord of the Rings' David Wenham as Harold Meachum

The character is described as a "ruthless corporate leader" that "partners with Danny Rand's parents at the time of their deaths." Meachum played a pivotal role in Iron Fist's origin in the comics; he betrayed the Rand family during an expedition in the Himalayas, killing Wendell Rand and setting off a chain of events that led to the young Danny finding his way to K'un-Lun and eventually becoming Iron Fist. The official description does not reference these events, however, only hinting that "what role he plays in Danny's past and future will be revealed over the course of the series."

FB-iron-fist-b6087.jpg

New Trailer!
[video=youtube;f9OKL5no-S0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9OKL5no-S0[/video]

Danny Rand and Coleen Wing vs Gao, the Hand, and Davos! Amazing.

Ugh. That's painful. This is why I stopped following early reviews. Both fantastic four movies had great reviews and they weren't the best.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Yikes. Well, they were bound to miss eventually.

Some of the reviews also think that Luke Cage and Jessica Jones were way better than Daredevil, which I strongly disagree with. I'm hoping that these reviews reflect a cultural trend to value issues of race and gender highly, so they're not digging a classic kung fu story about a rich white guy appropriating Asian culture.

Some of the reviews also think that Luke Cage and Jessica Jones were way better than Daredevil, which I strongly disagree with. I'm hoping that these reviews reflect a cultural trend to value issues of race and gender highly, so they're not digging a classic kung fu story about a rich white guy appropriating Asian culture.

This is what I was thinking, the backlash against this show already has people mad.

Well, I'm two episodes in. Feels a little slow. But so far I like it. Anyone else's thoughts?

I was told the first two episodes of Iron Fist were the worst of the series and I'm already enjoying this more than Daredevil season one. I'm also a sucker for escape from the mental hospital stories ever since the Good Burger movie. This show handles PTSD infinitely better than Jessica Jones did as well.

I'm now four episodes in, I'm convinced the critics are just racist. Even Tumblr is confused.

Last edited:
Back