IRON MAN 3 discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Iron Man 3?

• Total voters
The good thing about bashing Canada is its not meant to be taken seriously. It's merely jingoistic ribbing. As a country of people, you guys are literally like the nicest folks in the world, and on average much better educated than us Americans, more patient than the Europeans, yet tougher than all those soccer-loving countries (Europe and South America, collectively speaking) since you're known for your hockey playing.

Oh, I know. I enjoy playing along and bashing the US back, but then people think I actually am angry. Which is frustrating. Can't we insult each other in a neighbourly way?

Also,
you guys are literally like the nicest folks in the world, and on average much better educated than us Americans
should read, "you guys are literally like the nicest folks in the world, and on average much better educated than we Americans." "Us" Americans aren't educated, "we" Americans are... apparently. :p

Any sport that actively includes gloveless fist-fighting as a part of the sport deserves respect from everyone. Huge balls...huge balls.

I don't understand, you use a puck in hockey...

This movie is so bad that we've gone from discussing it to discussing Canada of all things.

I think after the heated discussion that's been going on we needed to talk about something polite and unoffensive.

And huge balls, apparently.

Yeah well, that might work too.

Last edited:
Hmmm...huge balls. Pot heads.

GOT IT!

bounce3.gif

This movie is so bad that we've gone from discussing it to discussing Canada of all things.

And huge balls, apparently.

It's only because, lets be honest, Alpha Flight is never going to get their own movie. I mean, who'd really go see that besides Ice and like 7 Canadians.

Oh, I know. I enjoy playing along and bashing the US back, but then people think I actually am angry. Which is frustrating. Can't we insult each other in a neighbourly way?

Absolutely, Ned Flanders.

Also, should read, "you guys are literally like the nicest folks in the world, and on average much better educated than we Americans." "Us" Americans aren't educated, "we" Americans are... apparently. :p

Oh for Christ's sake.

I don't understand, you use a puck in hockey...

Only between the bouts of UFC level fighting and slashing. ONLY!

I think after the heated discussion that's been going on we needed to talk about something polite and unoffensive.

So onto religion and politics, then! Huzzah!

It's only because, lets be honest, Alpha Flight is never going to get their own movie. I mean, who'd really go see that besides Ice and like 7 Canadians.
That's insulting.

I don't like Alpha Flight.

I do love this movie, even with the Mandarin twist.

You make it sound like a drink.

Anyhow – I saw the film again today for the fourth time, and this time with a friend and a 12-year old kid. It was fun to see the kid making Iron Man 'whoosh' noises afterwards and talking about a Hulk/Iron Man team-up.

Also, my friend, when the team Mandarin is watching scores a goal (and he goes ole' ole' ole'), he leaned over to me and whispered, "He supports Liverpool". I realised then, that football fans are geeks like us. We should mock them all.

The change in topic had nothing to do with the movie.

Last edited:
That's insulting.

I don't like Alpha Flight.

I do love this movie, even with the Mandarin twist.

Sorry, I thought you loved anything X-Men related with the fury of a thousand supernovas.

The change in topic had nothing to do with the movie.

My bad. I should totally change my forum name to The Derailer.

You know what else annoyed me about this movie. The generic henchmen. So every military man/woman who loses a limb goes bat-**** crazy and turns evil? There was no indication the extremis drug would somehow mind control them. Wouldn't Pepper turn at the end?

You know what else annoyed me about this movie. The generic henchmen. So every military man/woman who loses a limb goes bat-**** crazy and turns evil? There was no indication the extremis drug would somehow mind control them. Wouldn't Pepper turn at the end?

To be fair, my buddy just got out of the Army (Rangers), and he openly admitted the armed forces, especially the Army and Marines, attract a lot of nut jobs and people with often severe personality disorders.

Good point. Every fringe group will have followers but it seemed like this should've been explained better.

To be fair, my buddy just got out of the Army (Rangers), and he openly admitted the armed forces, especially the Army and Marines, attract a lot of nut jobs and people with often severe personality disorders.
I know a lot of people in the armed forces that fight that stereotype. I know what you're saying but this is exactly the reason why this part in the movie annoyed me. It's a liberal generalization that everyone who gets injured gets mistreated by the Government and military. And the movie is pretty much saying that you're more of a hero for being a wealthy above average genius with a suit than once protecting your country as an average person. I actually know someone who got royally screwed after he was medically discharged and really hates the government and military now. But he's not going to sign up for team evil.

I can't express in words how bad an idea it seems for you to be wearing a surgical mask on what appears to be public transportation of some kind.

That was actually at a stag do. It's in a community building.

It's quite clear that the explosions were not due to people going insane and evil, but these were people for whom the extremis drug 'misfired'. They were being used. Some were evil co-conspirators, others were victims.

Latest posts

Back