Is Einstein actually the Man-Thing?

T_Montalbano

i dunno if anyone's come up with this theory yet or if this theory's been answered already, i haven't read all the comics for the Ultimate Universe yet, i plan to in the near future, the only way i've been readin' issues is through Marvel Digital Comics and of course they haven't digitized everything yet

but if you've read Ultimate Fantastic Four, you might know that Reed owned a dog named Einstein, before the accident at the end of issue #2, you see Victor, Johny, Sue, Reed and Ben standin' on the steps of the device, and then you see Einstein laying on the step behind them. once the accident happens, i don't think we ever see Einstein again, if anybody has then this debunks this whole theory

now in issue #7 on page four during the flashback, in the middle frame you see six people: Reed, Sue, Ben, Victor, Johnny and then a sixth who resembles the Man-Thing, and remember it was Victor, Johnny, Sue, Reed, Ben and the dog Einstein who were the closest to the device when it went off in issue #2

and i did read Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #10 (Spider-Man & Man-Thing) and in the introduction/premise it tells you the origin of the Man-Thing which probably debunks the whole theory again, but we all know the Ultimate comics have a lot of continuity errors, retcons and such.

if anybody has any theories or other clues, please reply

You don't see six people. You only see two people: Reed and Sue. The three pairs of figures are transparent, stacked on top of each other and all holding hands. Reed could've been Man-Thing or rocky like Ben. Susan could've been metal like Doom or fiery like Johnny. They were shifting through all the possible permutations of themselves, just like the apple that Reed tells Ben about later in the arc. The last panel on the second page is a closeup of their hands as they settle into the stretchy/invisible forms that they'll stay in.

You don't see six people. You only see two people: Reed and Sue. The three pairs of figures are transparent, stacked on top of each other and all holding hands. Reed could've been Man-Thing or rocky like Ben. Susan could've been metal like Doom or fiery like Johnny. They were shifting through all the possible permutations of themselves, just like the apple that Reed tells Ben about later in the arc. The last panel on the second page is a closeup of their hands as they settle into the stretchy/invisible forms that they'll stay in.

so you've seen Einstein the dog after the accident? i might've missed him

This has got to be the best title for a thread on any message board forum on any website, in the history of the Internet.

If only UFF was still so awesome a book that it would actually DARE to make Reed's pet dog into the Man-Thing. I'd totally approve.

okay i've looked closer and you are right, it is just different variations of Reed and Sue, BUT it's obvious that the different variations went out to the others, you had Ben turn to stone, Victor into metal, Johnny into fire, and then of course (in theory) Einstein into the Man-Thing, whatever element Man-Thing may be

okay i've looked closer and you are right, it is just different variations of Reed and Sue, BUT it's obvious that the different variations went out to the others, you had Ben turn to stone, Victor into metal, Johnny into fire, and then of course (in theory) Einstein into the Man-Thing, whatever element Man-Thing may be

a--- plant.

honestly with this book I could believe that. But who knows what really happened to Einstein. And even though the book is ending, he could still show up (depending if Reed servives Ultimatuam or if Bendis or Millar cares to do a story with him).

(Wind is non existent).

That's a unique stance. I guess it would be hard to prove that wind exists. Sure you might think you feel it, but is it actually there?

Wow, metaphysics, Einstein, and the Man-Thing all in one thread. Only at Ultimate Central.

That's a unique stance. I guess it would be hard to prove that wind exists. Sure you might think you feel it, but is it actually there?

Wow, metaphysics, Einstein, and the Man-Thing all in one thread. Only at Ultimate Central.

I'm surprised I came up with the theory in the first place.

Remember Alicia Masters? She showed up in like the end of President Thor, and looks like she was supposed to end up being Ben's GF, but she was never mentioned again. Ben goes back to emo mode shortly. That's where Einstein is, wherever the hell she is.

Remember Alicia Masters? She showed up in like the end of President Thor, and looks like she was supposed to end up being Ben's GF, but she was never mentioned again. Ben goes back to emo mode shortly. That's where Einstein is, wherever the hell she is.
Alicia and Philip Masters should have been a father and daughter team of software designers who have created the ultimate in gaming telepresence, later used to make puppets out of online gamers all over the world.

I have a bag full of a thousand ideas for UFF if you know, I wrote it and Marvel hadn't thrown it down the toilet.

Latest posts

Back