Is it just me or is Millar doing IT again? Possible Wolverine spoilers

Goodwill

I just heard from a friend, Meta, that Millar plans to have Wolverine rape Marvel Girl and kill another X-Man by the end of his run on Wolverine. Is this true or what?

Thank you! Thank you for ruining it GW! No just kidding man. I dont think he is but It wouldnt surprise me if he does do it.

I can see killing an X-Man, but rape marvel girl? I mean come on. That'd be excessive and fairly pointless.

This is happening in 616 Wolverine, also written by Millar. I don't know about the rape, but he's definately killing someone. Go read on Millarworld, I think it's an X-Men member from the 90's.

Does this take place in the same universe as Uncanny? Because that'd also be fairly pointless with the rapport Storm and Wolverine are establishing. Now him having feelings for Storm that she doesn't return, and then him raping her, I might be able to see. Just randomly turning around and raping his precious Jean's daughter (I assume we're referring to Marvel Girl IV, aka Rachel Grey) makes no sense at all.

BTW, I went to the Millarworld forums, and ran a search for 'rape' and 'Marvel Girl' in the same post, and nothing.

Yeah it's the same place. It ain't ultimate so yeah. It's just under the MARVEL KNIGHTS banner.

WOOHOO! Back to 3000 posts!

Last edited:
This is why I can't see the purpose of having all the different imprints. Separate X-books to follow different teams is one thing, but when we start branching out into having Peter involved in six adventures at once, and the same with some of the core X-Men... I just wish sometimes that writers had some sense of continuity, so that one week, I'm not reading about Logan fighting with Scott about his new thing with Emma, and the next week they're downtown in the middle of a fight with X-23.

Guys, putting "spoilers" in the title thread is pointless if you don't mention what they pertain to. Fixed.

ProjectX2 said:
This is happening in 616 Wolverine, also written by Millar. I don't know about the rape, but he's definately killing someone. Go read on Millarworld, I think it's an X-Men member from the 90's.

Is Stacy X dead? She's an option...

noooo, I loved Stacy X...Personally, I'd like to see Jimmy, Logan....whatevere you wanna call him rape the crap outta Millar ><

She's a mutant that came out of virtually no where, or, at least in my opinion, and joined the X-Men. Her powers, I believe are to control hormones in her body as well as others. She was the X-Men's B****, really.

She came from that mutant hooker ranch. I think Wolvie's killing someone but i doubt rape.

icemastertron said:
I don't think the CCA would even approve of that.... :?

Good thing they don't use the CCA anymore then.

icemastertron said:
Really? I heard even though they don't show their banner on the comics, that they still go through them. Or is that a lie?

http://brian.carnell.com/archives/years/2001/07/000007.html

Marvel Comics Abandons Comic Code Authority

By Brian Carnell

Wednesday, July 4, 2001

Under pressure from Congressional investigations, in 1954 comic book publishers formed the Comics Magazine Association of America. With New York City magistrate Charles F. Murphy at its head, in October 1954 the organization publish one of the most restrictive codes of conduct every promulgated by an American media industry. The code was revised in the 1970s, but remained incredibly paternalistic. In May, marvel Comics became the latest to abandon the code in announcing that it would develop its own code of content and label its comics accordingly.

If anything, it is amazing that the code lasted as long as it did, but its abandonment has generally come down to economics. Given the huge changes in what was acceptable in film, music and fiction during the 1960s and 1970s, the code looked like an antique by the mid-1970s (when it was revised to allow for comic books to portray police and other authority figures as sometimes corrupt!)

Marvel's Joe Quesada's comments hit pay dirt,

In retrospect, thinking about the Code and the CMAA, I just think the CMAA did a very poor job with respect to letting people in the general public know that there were comics other than the one for kids, thus, I think in a lot of ways perpetuating the CMAA, and Marvel was a very big part of it.

As an aside, it is fascinating to look at the rhetoric which led to the clampdown on some of the best comic books ever published -- especially the EC Horror comics -- and notice that the rhetoric has survived almost unchanged, except directed at today's popular youth obsession, video games and film. When Sen. Joe Lieberman gives a speech calling for an FTC investigation of the film and video games industries, his comments could have lifted almost verbatim from Frederic Wertham's classic anti-comic book rant, Seduction of the Innocent (and it is worth remember that, like Lieberman, Wertham was not a member of some far right conservative movement, but instead was a progressive best known for his work with poor and minority communities in New York).

Source:

Marvel drops the code. Comicon.Com, May 16, 2001.

Comic Book Nation: The Transformation of Youth Culture in America. Bradford W. Wright, Baltimore, Maryland: The John Hopkins University Press, 2001.

Latest posts

Back