Is the Hulk coming back?

jtg3885

Banned
I just picked up the Homeland Security TPB, and I gotta know... is the Hulk coming back? There is something insanely hilarious about a 'hero' whose idea of dealing with the villain is to eat him. Mmm... Chitauri-Os, coming soon to a breakfast aisle near you.

Haha, Hulk always makes me laugh. Weve still got quite a few villains to go through tho. We havent seen Kang, Korvac, Ultron or the masters of evil yet. And heaps more

Yes, he's coming back in some form or another. I believe it is the first 2-3 issues that deal with the trial of Bruce Banner.

Like I said in an earlier thread, I really believe all of the Ultimates lives are at stake in this series, except for Cap and Fury. When they fight Thor, they might not have Hulk on their side because of the trial. Thor might even take someone down with him.

Goodwill said:
He'll probably be put to death.

Wouldn't surprise me. They've made the Hulk so ridiculously dangerous. I mean, sheesh, he's a cannibal! The mainstream Hulk isn't nearly as bad. He pounds into dust whoever got Bruce agitated and then he leaps away into the nearest wilderness. If no one bothers him he calms down, gets bored, falls asleep, turns back into Bruce.

I used to think we'd see an Ultimate Hulk comic but now I know we won't. They made him too over the top.

U-Man said:
Goodwill said:

I used to think we'd see an Ultimate Hulk comic but now I know we won't. They made him too over the top.

Because genetic monsters are supposed to be PG?

To me part of the idea behind the Hulk concept was that the Hulk was everything Banner wasn't. The Jekyl and Hyde scenario. Banner's a vegetarian, Hulk's a cannibal. Bruce lets anyone walk over him, Hulk bludgeon's to death anyone who he thinks is mocking him.

And really I always found a lot of the 616 Hulk stuff childish. Really Hulk as an Avenger? I have never read that era of Hulk, but the Hulk as being controllable defeats the whole premise behind the character. Hulk then becomes a generic strong superhero who has a bad temper, sound like anyone you know?

As a final point, most people have spoke of Ultimate Hulk as the equivalent of 616's grey Hulk, who from what little I can recall was really nasty. At some point Banner through his work could at least tone the Hulk into his less nasty green incarnation.

I dont want the Hulk to go away. I hope he comes back and stays. The Ultimate Hulk is very very more dangerous than the 616 verse, but I still think he's cool.

To me part of the idea behind the Hulk concept was that the Hulk was everything Banner wasn't. The Jekyl and Hyde scenario. Banner's a vegetarian, Hulk's a cannibal. Bruce lets anyone walk over him, Hulk bludgeon's to death anyone who he thinks is mocking him.

And really I always found a lot of the 616 Hulk stuff childish.

I agree completely, 100%. I never got into the Banner-integrated Hulk because it was the opposite of what Hulk is supposed to be. Millar's Hulk is DEAD-ON.

In that case, is it even safe to bring the Hulk back? I know he served his purpose in the Chitauri invasion, but that's about it. There's not much else we would need to bring in to help against. He's too out of control.

He's too out of control.

Thats true. Thats why the kept him under lock up, tight! They even mentioned it in the Ultimate Six mini that they gave him a tranquilizer when Electro attacked.

As for him being brought back, only the trial will tell....

I personally think that the Hulk was used to often and, like that band Oasis, got too big and too famous too fast to keep up with it. If Oasis IS anything to go by, Hulk will be selling out or will be put into limbo for a while.

I'd like to see She-Hulk there, though. A controlled Hulk and the fact that she's female would totally rock!

I'd like to see She-Hulk there, though. A controlled Hulk and the fact that she's female would totally rock!

At the trial you mean? There cant be a She-Hulk withuout it being explained how she came to be She-Hulk first.

Blacksword said:
U-Man said:
Goodwill said:

Nope. As a matter of fact, Millar's Hulk makes a lot of sense. But he'll never be given a solo book. Do you think he will?

In the real world, Banner would be executed for his crimes. Therefore I think he'll be executed in the Ultimates. I think Millar's whole schtick is to start from a premise that super-beings exist but from that point forward be as realistic as possible.

Yeah there might be that chance of him might being executed. Though I think one of the Ultimates or Fury might step in on that decision.

You bring up an interesting point there, Ice. Nick Fury could actually persuade the court or whatever to release him or sentence him to death. I hadn't thought of that!

No solo hulk, like him right where he is

I hope they never make hulk go solo because everytime I see the incredible hulk on his own it always gets boring. When I first read the Ultimates vol. 1 I totally fell in love with the hulk again. I think that it was brilliantly done and I can't wait to see how things go with him in the future. But please I hope they don't make a solo Ultimate Hulk.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get put to death. Yes, if he was convicted he certainly would be (or they'd at least try- that could be interesting if they fail) but its possible he will be acquited. They can't kill Hulk without Banner and, if my memory serves, certain Americans have problems with executing people who weren't really involved. She Hulk could make an appearance as plain old Jen Walters

I would be surprised if he was offed. That's not like Marvel to kill off a big character like that who hasn't been killed before. Sure, it opens doors for She-Hulk, but that's not what I want.

I don't know how the 616 Grey Hulk is similar to U-Hulk. 616's Grey Hulk or Mr. Fixit, is pretty intelligent.

I don't think they're going to execute Hulk. The thing is they can always tackle Banner's mental state. His transformation into Hulk can be good basis for insanity, but of course the point of story that a lot of people will be screaming for his blood. Hulk has too many potential storylines and a possibility of a slightly calmer version, due to Banner's therapy sessions with Prof. Xavier.

Latest posts

Back