Jeph Loeb talks Ultimates 3

the watcher said:
mad.jpg
I want my giggle back.

a fan said:
hawkeye is still around???!!!!!! :rockon: YES

Well, as of issue #11, yeah. After that, who knows? But since Millar has already faked out his death (lol, sorry if that's a spoiler for you poor tradewaiting suckers) once, I don't see it happening again. But someone's gotta die or it isn't a Millar gig, and it isn't Jan (she's in the Joe Mad pic), Cap, Thor, Hulk or Iron Man or Fury. That leaves Hawkeye, Pym, Wanda or Pietro. My money is on Pym.

i thought that pym was drawn as giant man by mad in the wizard issue with U3 i could be wrong though

Last edited:
Rhyo said:
Well, as of issue #11, yeah. After that, who knows? But since Millar has already faked out his death (lol, sorry if that's a spoiler for you poor tradewaiting suckers) once, I don't see it happening again. But someone's gotta die or it isn't a Millar gig, and it isn't Jan (she's in the Joe Mad pic), Cap, Thor, Hulk or Iron Man or Fury. That leaves Hawkeye, Pym, Wanda or Pietro. My money is on Pym.
Just kill off Wanda! She's way overpowered and needs to be gone. Plus it would be interesting what Wanda's death would do to Pietro.

a fan said:
i thought that pym was drawn as giant man by mad in the wizard issue with U3 i could be wrong though

There are a set of sketches by Joe Mad that were going around when Loeb and Mad were first introduced as the new team - Cap, Black Widow, Iron Man, Wasp, Thor and Hulk (I think). Weren't those the ones that Wizard picked up? It was never confirmed that any/all of them would be on the team. I don't remember seeing a Giant Man sketch.

My guess for the V3 team: Cap, Iron Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Black Panther, Falcon plus one "surprise" character - maybe Vision.

Last edited:
Ultxon said:
Good point. I don't recall Doc Ock appearing in titles outside Spidey[ though he was in a whopping 6 titles.] It'd be something to find out if Venom was a editorial mandate or not.

And not only that, when Spider-Man 2 came out there was a big Doc Ock arc in Ultimate Spider-man.

Originally posted by E:
And not only that, when Spider-Man 2 came out there was a big Doc Ock arc in Ultimate Spider-man.

Yeah, thats what I mean: Ultimate Spidey, Ultimate Six. Spectacular Spider-Man, Negative Exposure, Out of Reach, and Year One.

I'm praying to my God that the same thing won't happen with Venom. [Can't see it happening with Sandman.]

Latest posts

Back