Joel Schumacher Wants Sandman

I'm in the same boat as Project Bass.

Schumacher isn't that great of a director to begin with.......and his foray into the comic realm wasn't pretty at all (even though I got the idea he was aiming for with Batman/Robin).

And while Sandman is a great saga......I'm no fan.

So its kinda "meh" for me.

Depends on how they do it.

I think it should be straight-up Film Noir awesomeness, and I don't know if he's capable of that.

But you never know. And even though I'm one of the biggest Batman fans you'll ever meet, I don't harbour a grudge against him at all. He had good intentions for the Bat-franchise that ended up getting ruined, and even wanted to do a serious dark 5th film based on Year One and featuring The Scarecrow. He even apologized for B&R on the commentary!

Besides, like somone said, he DID make Falling Down, which is one of the best movies ever, and Phonebooth, which was Hitchcockian bliss.

Neil Gaiman said:
I remember about eight years ago the then Warner Brothers co-studio head Billy Gerber told me that he got weekly calls from people who wanted to make, direct or star in a Sandman film. "On Wednesday," he said, "Michael Jackson called about it." Given the comments some months ago from Alan Horn and Jeff Robinoff, who now run Warner Brothers, I don't believe the calls from people who want to make Sandman have decreased in the last eight years -- quite the reverse. Which I mention because I got a small deluge of letters from people asking me what I thought about Joel Shumacher saying in an interview that he'd love to direct a Sandman film and wondering if that meant that it was now about to happen, and of course it doesn't and it isn't. It simply puts Mr Schumacher in a very long line of people who want to make Sandman, some way ahead of Michael Jackson.

As a devoted Sandman fan who thinks anyone who doesn't like the series is a Commie Pinko Terrorist and a Nazi. I couldn't be more relieved to hear that Schumacher won't be getting near the franchise.

All I have to say is: Guillermo Del Toro + Neil Gaiman Directing a Horror Fantasy Sandman Trilogy would be ****ing Brilliant.

Last edited:
No. He wanted the feel of the film to mock the campy Adam West TV show. I got the idea......too bad it just wasn't executed properly.

Huh. You're right. I never looked at it that way.

LostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoys

I WILL ****ING KILL HIM IF HE ****S THIS UP!

LostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoysLostBoys

I WILL ****ING KILL HIM IF HE ****S THIS UP!

Is this the new behaviour of Baxter.I have seen him writing stuff like this on a few more threads.

I think Schumacher's a pretty good director. As previously stated, Falling Down rocks and is one of the first DVDs I bought, along with Seven, before I even had a DVD player. Lost Boys and Flatliners are cool, and I actually liked Batman and Robin, I don't care what anyone says. I hated Batman Forever though. And I don't think I would like a Batman and Robin 2. As one movie I enjoyed it.

Plus, for whoever said he couldn't do a noir movie, I should point out he did 8mm. Which sucked, but was very noirish.

I was. . . otherwise engaged. . . during Phantom of the Opera, but I know the music sucked. Looked like it might have been very stylish, though.

Is this the new behaviour of Baxter.I have seen him writing stuff like this on a few more threads.

It's his brain injury. He's getting a lobotomy soon and hopefully will be back to normal.

Poor guy.

Latest posts

Back