John Adams

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
Anyone else watching this? There aren't a lot of shows I watch regularly, but I think this may become one of them. It's Paul Giamatti as John Adams.

This is the second HBO program I've seen that depicts someone getting tarred and feathered. What the **** is up with that?

compound

Wasn't aware of this series until I read this thread.

Hmmm... Sounds promising, and the casting is superb (on paper, anyway) but I don't think I'll have time to keep up with it.

Is it more of a straightforward (Rome-style?) soap opera version of the Declaration of Independence, with the focus on human intrigue and complex social bonds?

Are there conspiracy overtones, with all that National Treasure/Dan Brown-esque speculation about the founding fathers' Freemason affiliations?

Care to reason out why exactly it holds your interests?

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
Wasn't aware of this series until I read this thread.

Hmmm... Sounds promising, and the casting is superb (on paper, anyway) but I don't think I'll have time to keep up with it.

Is it more of a straightforward (Rome-style?) soap opera version of the Declaration of Independence, with the focus on human intrigue and complex social bonds?

Are there conspiracy overtones, with all that National Treasure/Dan Brown-esque speculation about the founding fathers' Freemason affiliations?

Care to reason out why exactly it holds your interests?

It flew under the radar. I didn't know about it until after it had started airing. I didn't watch Rome, but it's not particularly soap opera-y. It's based off of a bio of John Adams that came out a few years ago, and it's a miniseries, so that eases off the soap opera-icity. I'm watching episode 3 now, and I highly doubt it's going to play up the conspiracy tone angle.

I like it because it's good. I'm a history junkie. The cast is superb. It's an HBO show, so the production values are just top notch. Honestly, the hook for me was the fact it's a miniseries. I just can't keep interested in these HBO shows that seem to go on forever (except Carnivale. Carnivale could go on forever, and I'd be happy).

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
I watched an episode over the weekend. It was good...but ultimately boring (much like my stance on Carnivale).

I may wait until the entire season/series comes out on DVD. Being able to watch several episodes at once might help with pacing (same as Deadwood).

Latest posts