Judge Dredd

Jaggyd

The member formerly known as skotti-chan
I'm surprised there's not a thread on the new Dredd movie. It's being written by Alex Garland (Sunshine) and directed by up and coming Pete Travis.

The design work is being done by Dredd veteran Jock, and it's looking like it's going to be faithful to the source (unlike the Stallone version).

Looks like Karl Urban is the lead candidate to play Dredd, and both writer and director are looking at Doug Jones to play Judge Death.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/110/1107763p1.html

The original might not have been faithful, but Stallone still played one hell'va Judge.

some good news today, yay!!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the WB Dredd and Tank Girl for what they were, but I'd like to see some more faithful interpretations. I mean, I love the 60's Batman, but I'm glad that Nolan's making more serious ones.

I read a summary of the script and it sounded pretty interesting. There's some great action set pieces.

Stallone could have been an excellent, masterful Dredd if he'd played him a bit more like Rambo instead of like RoboCop.

Karl Urban is not my choice for Dredd, at all. Far too pretty. For my money, I'd pick someone very old and very grizzled, like Mickey Rourke or Ron Perlman or maybe even Tom Berenger. Dredd's got to look like the most beaten-down old war-horse ever.

I'm sure if they really try, they can do that Urban, but I'd prefer someone a bit more seasoned.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the WB Dredd and Tank Girl for what they were, but I'd like to see some more faithful interpretations. I mean, I love the 60's Batman, but I'm glad that Nolan's making more serious ones.
I agree with all this.

Also, I thought there was a thread for this, too. Huh. Oh well, should be fun.

Latest posts

Back