Jumper

Planet-man

Toronto, Ontario(by way of the Kepler Verge)
Starring: Hayden Christiensen, Samuel L. Jackson
Release date: Feb 14th, 2008
Website with trailer: http://www.jumperthemovie.com/

I'm making this thread not because I care that much about the movie, but the novel it's based on, Jumper by Steven Gould. Has anybody else here read it? It's hands down one of the best books I've ever read, easily in my Top 5, and I think most of you would defintiely love it.

(no spoilers)

The Book

The book is about a 17 year old boy named Davy, who's dirt poor and gets the **** beaten out of him by his drunken father a lot until one day he discovers that he can teleport at will to any place in the world as long as he's been there before or seen it clearly enough to get a good picture of it in his head. The book goes on from there as he has numerous adventures and gets into all sorts of **** with everybody ranging from the US government to the equivelent of the Al-Queda.

The reason I love the book so much is because, unlike a frustrating amount of fictional characters, especially ones with super powers, Davy is 100% smart and relatable. Every single time I was about to say "Oh man, if I had those powers I'd do this" or "No, you idiot, you should do this because that way etc...", Davy would do it within a chapter. It was probably the most satisfying novel I've ever read, and once again, I recommend it very highly to everyone here.

The Movie

Davy(Christiensen) is one of apparently hundreds of people who secretly have this power and run in a sort of underground gang. Judging by the trailer, he's also some kind of millionare playboy with no parents. Samuel L is the leader of the "Paladin Organization", who want to track down every last person with this ability and kill them.

Christiensen is actually a ridiculously good choice for part, except for the fact that he's about 5 years too old, but from what I can tell the movie has absolutely nothing to do with the book and will be kind of stupid.

So, yeah.... read the book guys. You'll thank me.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like a sci fi version of Le Parkour. Not that that's a bad thing.

I made 57,000 dollars off of it on the HSX last Tuesday. :)

The Book

The book is about a 17 year old boy named Davy, who's dirt poor and gets the **** beaten out of him by his drunken father a lot until one day he discovers that he can teleport at will to any place in the world as long as he's been there before or seen it clearly enough to get a good picture of it in his head. The book goes on from there as he has numerous adventures and gets into all sorts of **** with everybody ranging from the US government to the equivelent of the Al-Queda.
That sound cool
The Movie

Davy(Christiensen) is one of apparently hundreds of people who secretly have this power and run in a sort of underground gang. Judging by the trailer, he's also some kind of millionare playboy with no parents. Samuel L is the leader of the "Paladin Organization", who want to track down every last person with this ability and kill them.
That sounds like crap by comparison
he reason I love the book so much is because, unlike a frustrating amount of fictional characters, especially ones with super powers, Davy is 100% smart and relatable. Every single time I was about to say "Oh man, if I had those powers I'd do this" or "No, you idiot, you should do this because that way etc...", Davy would do it within a chapter. It was probably the most satisfying novel I've ever read, and once again, I recommend it very highly to everyone here.
I feel the same way about sci fi characters

Mace Windu and Anakin Skywalker reunited!

How did I not see this thread? Odd.

Still, the trailers look incredibly AWESOME.

From Apple Movies:

Teaser Trailer

Trailer

The movie is now coming out on the 14th.

Now to see Doom drool over Bilson...

Oh, and the trailer does show the drunken father, and he just isn't a millionare playboy, but steals to get the money. Still, I am very interested in seeing this movie.

Last edited:
How did I not see this thread? Odd.

Still, the trailers look incredibly AWESOME.

From Apple Movies:

Teaser Trailer

Trailer

The movie is now coming out on the 14th.

Oh, and the trailer does show the drunken father, and he just isn't a millionare playboy, but steals to get the money. Still, I am very interested in seeing this movie.
:shock:.... WOW! That looks really cool. The effects are just amazing. I am now hyped for this movie

The new trailer does make it look significantly cooler and closer to the book. They appear to have changed the way his power works, though, so he can jump with cars and stuff.

It's looking more like an actually good and cool movie now, but I still strongly recommend you guys read the novel first. Again, it's one of the best, most satisfying and relatable superpower stories I've ever read.

It actually looks really good. I'm going to try and read the novel around Christmas.

:lol: :lol: I have replied in this thread but only since actually seeing the trailer on tv a lot have I heard of it , This film looks like it'll kick *** seriously

I hope this movie does well, as I'm seriously considering making an investment in Rachel Bilson when she opens on the Hollywood Stock Exchange tomorrow. I have a feeling that she has career potential, even if I don't actually like her as an actress.

I saw this last night and enjoyed it. It does lack in a few areas, but it's definitely not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

I got this on Blu-ray today. Will be watching it soon :D

Watched it today. It was awesome. I loved this film

Latest posts

Back