Just What We've All Wanted to Hear

Just to show everyone (since Caddy is just lazy to post it himself):

WHEDON & CASSADAY ON "X-MEN" FOR 24 MORE ISSUES
by Jonah Weiland, Executive Producer
Posted: February 19, 2005

"Astonishing X-Men" writer Joss Whedon and the stars of the upcoming film "Serenity" assembled at WonderCon in San Francisco earlier today. In addition to a lot of "Serentity" news, a full write-up of which will be included a bit later today, Whedon announced that he and artist John Cassaday would be continuing their run on Marvel's premiere mutant title for an additional 24 issues. The duo would produce twelve issues, followed by a short break, and then get back to the title with an additional twelve issues. No word on whether the title would simply take a break or if fill-in creative teams would participate."

MwoF if you aren't reading this, you're missing out.

Check it out - I havne't led you astray yet, have I?

This is awesome news - an ADDITIONAL 24 issues. That's great.

UltimateE said:
MwoF if you aren't reading this, you're missing out.

Check it out - I havne't led you astray yet, have I?

This is awesome news - an ADDITIONAL 24 issues. That's great.

No, you haven't but Josh Whedon doesn't impress me much his shows sorta suck... and if I go too deep into 616 I feel like I'm betraying UU.

TheManWithoutFear said:
No, you haven't but Josh Whedon doesn't impress me much his shows sorta suck... and if I go too deep into 616 I feel like I'm betraying UU.

MwoF, aren't you reading Daredevil? I don't understand how one betrays the Ultimate Universe by reading 616. That's like saying you betray Marvel for reading Vertigo Comics, an imprint of (gasp!) DC.

In any case, Astonishing X-Men is pretty fun, although I wouldn't wholeheartedly recommend it to just about anyone in the same way I would Daredevil. The fact that Joss Whedon is staying on board for a longer term is good news because it's a sign of a greater commitment from him, rather than it being a case of a celebrity writer who's being shuttled in and out of a title for the purposes of marketing.

ourchair said:
MwoF, aren't you reading Daredevil? I don't understand how one betrays the Ultimate Universe by reading 616. That's like saying you betray Marvel for reading Vertigo Comics, an imprint of (gasp!) DC.

In any case, Astonishing X-Men is pretty fun, although I wouldn't wholeheartedly recommend it to just about anyone in the same way I would Daredevil. The fact that Joss Whedon is staying on board for a longer term is good news because it's a sign of a greater commitment from him, rather than it being a case of a celebrity writer who's being shuttled in and out of a title for the purposes of marketing.

I read, Daredevil, Hulk, New Avengers, Secret War, Cable/Deadpool, and soon picking up DistrictX and Runaways. I'm the kind of guy who has to read everything, though, just so I can see the whole mythology in it's entirety... I already have Ultimate Titles down and if I stray into 616 with more X-Titles How much more cash do you think I'm gonna have to blow? I'm content.

I agree with the whole celebrity rushing titles out and leaving. This will give Whedon a whole new "this is my baby" type feel to it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
No, you haven't but Josh Whedon doesn't impress me much his shows sorta suck

For what it's worth, I didn't watch and had no interest whatsoever in Buffy or Firefly. And it's Joss by the way.

Nurhachi said:
Should I really be getting this E? Is it really that good?

It really is - it's a great character-driven book.

I don't remember seeing a solit for the TPB for the first arc "Gifted", but I think there is one. For those who are in doubt, or curious about the comic-check it out. It's worth it.

icemastertron said:
I don't remember seeing a solit for the TPB for the first arc "Gifted", but I think there is one. For those who are in doubt, or curious about the comic-check it out. It's worth it.

I think it came out about a month ago. Check with E because I remember him saying that he got it.

UltimateE said:
For what it's worth, I didn't watch and had no interest whatsoever in Buffy or Firefly. And it's Joss by the way.

I forget, do you pronounce his name "Yoss" or "Joss"?

Caduceus said:
I think it came out about a month ago. Check with E because I remember him saying that he got it.

Yep, I got it when it came out. A month ago...that sounds about right. I see it in bookstores all the time so it's pretty readily available.

UltimateE said:
Yep, I got it when it came out. A month ago...that sounds about right. I see it in bookstores all the time so it's pretty readily available.
My waldens has atleast 6 copies of it. I'll probably get it once I find a copy of New X-Men V7.

I broke down and got it yesterday. Damn good stuff, damn good. Hopefuly Joss will follow up on the breakworld plotlines through out his run.

Latest posts

Back