Justice series discussion (Spoilers!)

He dresses like a vampire, and then Bites the scarecrow with the vampire teeth that then come out in scarecrow's neck.

He dresses like a vampire, and then Bites the scarecrow with the vampire teeth that then come out in scarecrow's neck.

Oh.

*...*

Why? Is he trying to imitate Batman or something? He said earlier: "I'm a bird, I'm a plane, I'm a BAT."

Oh, that wacky Joker.

You can't define The Joker's actions. That's what makes him The Joker.

Who here is reading it? The first issue was great, the second even better. Kind of odd that we wont know the ending until 2007 though. I also got the Superman and Batman tie-in figures.

...and so it comes to pass.

Over the last two weeks I got in a Justice Leage mood and watched a bunch of JL episodes and started reading this again, from the beginning, at an issue per night, finally getting to the last three issues, which I didn't get around to reading when they came out in the first place.

Anyway, I finally finished it and yeah, it was really something. Just like the title suggests, this manages to be pretty much the core, definitive DCU story, brilliantly utilizing each character at their most perfect, free from all the clutter and crap and exactly how they were meant to be.

I thought the Metalmen-suits were cool enough for the battle to look great while they were in use as well as used briefly and cleverly enough not to encroach upon the classic DCU awesomeness at all.

The only thing though is that I would've liked to see more about what happened to the villains. Is Scarecrow dead? Is Bizarro locked up somewhere with that chuck of Blue Kryptonite keeping him at bay? What about Parasite, with that big chunk of his chest blown through by the Lightning, or Black Adam back in his human form?

Still, it was a great series, and pretty much exactly what I was expecting. It can't hold a candle to Kingdom Come, but what can? Also worth mentioning is its quality as something that's just beautiful to look at. Those amazing two-page splash panels especially would have me just pausing to look at them all over for minutes, taking in every detail I could.

The story gets an 8.5 out of 10 from me, and a perfect 10 out of 10 for the art. On the whole, it's a solid 9.25 out of 10. One of the most commedable works to come out of the DCU in a good long while.

Last edited:
It can't hold a candle to Kingdom Come, but what can?

Kingdom Come has a much deeper story. But I think Justice is more easily accessible, for people who don't know anything about comics. I feel it maybe more like Year One (or All-star superman) and Kingdom Come is like DKR/Whatever happened... DKR is the best batman story around, but it doesn't make much sense on it's own.

Last edited:
Glad this was bumped - I got the vol. 3 HC from the UC store and I decided I had better go back and re-read the first two first because I didn't read the issues; it took that long to come out.

Latest posts

Back