Kingdom Come? In my New Earth? (Spoilers)

Doc Comic

Has anybody else noticed that more and more, elements from Kingdom Come are infiltrating the mainstream DCU? Since a little before IF, it's started. For anybody not paying attention, clues include:

1. The Helm of Fate fighting Nabu without a host

2. The new Starman wearing his KC costume, as well as being revealed as Thom Kallor, who says he passed through the KC universe

3. Freddy becoming the new Captain Marvel (well, King Marvel in KC)

4. Red Robin in Countdown

5. Roy becoming Red Arrow

6. Luke O'Brien becoming Offspring

Anybody else think this is a lead-up to DC's next big crossover being KC-esque?

Has anybody else noticed that more and more, elements from Kingdom Come are infiltrating the mainstream DCU? Since a little before IF, it's started. For anybody not paying attention, clues include:

1. The Helm of Fate fighting Nabu without a host

2. The new Starman wearing his KC costume, as well as being revealed as Thom Kallor, who says he passed through the KC universe

3. Freddy becoming the new Captain Marvel (well, King Marvel in KC)

4. Red Robin in Countdown

5. Roy becoming Red Arrow

6. Luke O'Brien becoming Offspring

Anybody else think this is a lead-up to DC's next big crossover being KC-esque?

Definitely. We also have...

7. Wildcat III, who's a werecat, like Wildcat from Kingdom Come
8. Captain Atom wearing his KC suit when he hopped over to the Wildstorm U.
9. Maxine Hunkel looks pretty similar to KC Red Tornado.
9. Zatanna's little cousin, Zatara.
10. It looks like Natasha's going to be taking over as Steel for this new Infinity Inc. series. I can't remember for sure, but I believe she had taken over John Henry's mantle in Kingdom Come.
11. I'm pretty sure at least one of those nazi supervillains had a role to play in KC, and I'm sure there's some new legacy characters from the book we're missing. That series was DENSE with characters, and we've seen a lot of new legacies pop up recently.

Add this with the flashes to Frank Miller's Dark Knight books in JLA #0 and the new connections to New-Earth and the Bleed, and we're starting to get a picture of what to expect in Countdown. Didio's also said they're going to be trying to weave the kid from Batman Beyond into the DCU. My bet is, Countdown's going to establish clear parameters to exactly what and how many universes exist. Kingdom Come will likely be a future that could be, and that the heroes are going to have to face.... Maybe the changes Alex Luthor brought to Earth means the two worlds are overlaying each other, and Kingdom Come continuity is trying to bleed its way into the standard DCU.

Right, I can't believe I forgot all of those too.

In KC, John changed his armor to look more like Batman instead of Superman. Who knows how that might happen?

Here's something I brought up with Strangefate:

you know how the Joker nearly kills Jimmy Olsen in Countdown? The Joker killed Jimmy, along with the rest of the Daily Planet, in Kingdom Come, before killed by Magog.

Has anybody else noticed that more and more, elements from Kingdom Come are infiltrating the mainstream DCU?

Which is quite interesting considering how Marvel seems to be ignoring the Earth X trilogy in favour of their current Marvel Universe direction.

Which is quite interesting considering how Marvel seems to be ignoring the Earth X trilogy in favour of their current Marvel Universe direction.

Kingdom Come was fantastic and DC recognizes that fact, so it's moving toward that.

Earth X, too, was good, but Bendis and Millar are dicks so they're completely turning the Marvel Universe away from the Earth X continuity and toward Joey Q's big *******.

Well, Earth X seems like it'd be a lot harder to work in while the Kingdom Come work they're doing is mainly with background characters. The Earth X world had the whole Barren World deal with it. Kingdom Come was just ****ty socio-politically.

Latest posts

Back