KIRKMAN CHALLENGES McFARLANE

I'm wondering how is it they can do something together, what with Kirkman's exclusive contract with Marvel and all...

vintsukka said:
I'm wondering how is it they can do something together, what with Kirkman's exclusive contract with Marvel and all...
I don't see why not. Kirkmans been keeping his other Image books running just fine un the contract. It seems to me that these so called Exclusives are more anti-competition (ie Marvel or DC) than completly tying the creator down. Remember, Warren Ellis is Marvel exclusive but he's launched Fell at image and still has written but unpublished DC work coming out.

This was so funny, I read it both on Newsrama and CBR, just for kicks. :lol:

Kirkman is the man.

Last edited:
I have a newfound respect for Kirkman. I still don't like any of his works.....but on a personal level---I like him.

I love how he just stated the obvious---if comics is what you love and what brought you to the dance.....why not do more? I mean I know trying to branch out and create an multi-faceted empire can be hard work......but hell---even Jay-Z finds time to make some music in between his clothing line, shoe line, vodka line, record label, etc.

Funny stuff indeed. That "Image/Money" line was great.

vintsukka said:

Often times that does not apply to creator-owned work.

E said:
Often times that does not apply to creator-owned work.
I just remember reading on his message board on imagecomics.com that his contract makes him an exclusive with Marvel with the only exceptions being the already ongoing creator-owned titles, ie. Invincible and TWD.

I just watched the video.....and while it was still awesome, Kirkman was kinda being an ***. I mean it was cool and all, but he said he "didn't want to put Todd on the spot" but that's exactly what he did.

It was still funny though. I personally liked the jabs that McFarlane threw back at him. Telling him how "easy it was to write a comic...but how about drawing one? Writers can crank out several different stories a month, but artists can only do maybe one or 2." Kirkman replied with "I can do layouts." To which Todd came back with "So can my mother." :lol:

Good stuff...

Victor Von Doom said:
I just watched the video.....and while it was still awesome, Kirkman was kinda being an ***. I mean it was cool and all, but he said he "didn't want to put Todd on the spot" but that's exactly what he did.
Meh. Not like he wouldn't be the only writer to do it, either.

Last edited:
He should have taken on Bendis, asking him why USM sucks so much.

ProjectX2 said:
He should have taken on Bendis, asking him why USM sucks so much.

You don't confront Bendis. Ever. I lost a good friend to Bendis. That's like confronting the Rumsfeld of Marvel. The moment you question him, he'll brush your question off jokingly and as you leave the room you're abducted by mysterious men......................never to be heard from again.

For your own safety......just let it be. :lol:

At first, thought he was challenging Seth MacFarlane. My first thought was Seth MacFarlane could kick your ***.

Kirkman should've challenged him to a one-on-one cage match.

Or bikini Jell-O wrestling.

That would've been entertaining.

Latest posts

Back