Kirkman leaves Ultimate X-Men...

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
...after issue 93.

From Kirkmans blog Kirkmania:

A few weeks ago series editor Ralph Macchio and I were discussing what I would do after the upcoming APOCALYPSE story arc. This arc is something my run on the book has been building toward since I was given the regular writing assignment with issue 75 (issue 66-74 was supposed to be a fill-in arc). Everything I've done in the book thus far has been building to this and the thought of continuing after I'd completed my grand plan seemed like overstaying my welcome, frankly. I will have said everything I wanted and done everything I set out to do… so it seemed the time was right.

Click the link to read it all.

So this means Loeb is on with #94.

But how will he do Ultimatum with UXM & UFF if Carey will still be on? Unless now Carey will be writing the UFF part of UFF?

Hmm...

*Goes to check his comic connections*

(issue 66-74 was supposed to be a fill-in arc)

I seem to remember a big (and rather silly) argument here about whether or not Kirkman was a fill-in writer....

Just imagine, by this time next year, Loeb could be writing all of the Ultimate books.

*shudders*

So Kirkman is leaving UXM, what I want to know is...

*puts on shade*

What the **** happened to Singer?

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh

*shoots Horatio*

*cough*

With that out of the way, what DID happen to Singer's run?

I seem to remember a big (and rather silly) argument here about whether or not Kirkman was a fill-in writer....

I seem to remember being correct too!

This isn't surprising with Loeb coming on and rumors of at least one of the books involved in Ultimatum being canceled. Both writers leaving prior to the crossover doesn't tip us off to which book is still being published.

Personally, unless Millar or Ellis get back on UFF, I hope UFF goes down the tube.

I seem to remember being correct too!

This isn't surprising with Loeb coming on and rumors of at least one of the books involved in Ultimatum being canceled. Both writers leaving prior to the crossover doesn't tip us off to which book is still being published.

Personally, unless Millar or Ellis get back on UFF, I hope UFF goes down the tube.

or Morrison gets on UFF. :twisted:

Ok, I'd gladly have UXM, USM, and Ultimates canceled if Morrison got a decent two year long run on UFF.

Morrison on UFF.
Gail Simone on USM and UXM.
Greg Rucka and Ed Brubaker on Ultimates.
Brian K. Vaughan on the All-New Ultimate Strange Tales.

twould be awesome.

Last edited:
Everyone knows Kirkman was meant to be a filler, and just like BKV, after they got their ok, they went on with more stories where they weren't fillers anymore. Still, Kirkman (IMO) did a great job. Yeah, he had his faults, but everyone does.

Last edited:
I have high hopes for his last arc, although Nightcrawler and the Morlocks better be fantastic to make up for that crap story and for making Kurt into a weird stalker...creeper.

Matt Fraction's name has been bandied about regarding an X Men title recently. I think most people assumed it was a 616 title, but I could see it being this.

Latest posts

Back