Kirkman talks Ultimate X-Men #75 @ CBR.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Over at Comicbookresources.com, Robert Kirkman speaks on next week's issue of Ultimate X-Men #75 (Robert Kirkman & Ben Oliver). Colored preview pages for the issue are also provided, though wordless.

The X-Men are going to be watching the Military channel because next week in "Ultimate X-Men" #75, the Ultimate Marvel Universe finally gets Cable. CBR news spoke with "Ultimate X-Men" writer Robert Kirkman about what the arrival of the time traveling soldier from the future means for the book.

Kirkman said issue #75 is a good jumping on point for new readers or anyone curious about the Ultimate Universe incarnation of Cable. "As long as you have a general knowledge of The X-Men and who Professor X is, you should be able to follow it," Kirkman told CBR News. "There are a few references to Nightcrawler's episode from the annual and a few points brought up from my last nine issues, but for the most part it should be easy to follow along. It's kinda like a new beginning in a lot of ways and it sets the stage for some big changes ahead."

Read more at the link above.

Last edited:
Well atleast we know what happened to Perun. Nice touch with Nightcrawler though....

Thanks Ice.

can you say danger room?

It damn well better be. I don't want any UU writer touching on the events of U2 until it's completely done. And if that means that we have to wait until January to see some after-effects....so be it.

But I'm really not interested in seeing Spidey get his *** handed to him by Swarm or Thing squaring off against Crimson Dynamo. I think said events should only be mentioned.

But I'm getting a little off topic.....

At least it's Oliver doing the art now.

I agree with VVD, and yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a Danger Room scenario. Isn't Ultimates 2 still chronogically stuck in 2004 or 2005?

Hey everyone! I've been reading your posts on UC for a while now so I decided to post myself.

This UXM story doesn't really sound that interesting to me. I'm not a big Cable fan. UXM is actually the only UU title I have considered taking off my list. It just lacks the coolness of the other UU titles. It started out great and kept it up for a while. The last couple stprylines have been REALLY lame. The Magician? PUH-LEEZE! IMHO this title has pretty much sucked since the "Date night" arc.

Cable looks pretty bad ***, if you ask me. I think the art has improved since the last time we saw Oliver and it appears that Kirkman is definitely raising the stakes... Niice.

Hey everyone! I've been reading your posts on UC for a while now so I decided to post myself.

This UXM story doesn't really sound that interesting to me. I'm not a big Cable fan. UXM is actually the only UU title I have considered taking off my list. It just lacks the coolness of the other UU titles. It started out great and kept it up for a while. The last couple stprylines have been REALLY lame. The Magician? PUH-LEEZE! IMHO this title has pretty much sucked since the "Date night" arc.

WELCOME TO ULTIMATE CENTRAL

Well the Magician was meant to be a filler arc for Singer (I'm guessing I really don't know) so you might wanna give the cable arc a try.

Cable looks pretty bad ***, if you ask me. I think the art has improved since the last time we saw Oliver and it appears that Kirkman is definitely raising the stakes... Niice.

I wasn't fond of Oliver and I agree that his art here is improving, especially with the covers and Cable himself. His Abomination sucks though, it looks more like a lame-*** Green Goblin clone the way he draws him.

This arc will kick ***! I have high hopes for this arc, I admit the last few arcs were lacking a little, but I think this will blow us all away.

And yes, That Abomination looks too tiny.

Latest posts

Back