Kirkman: "There's going to be a huge shake-up"

Lil Brother

[IMGL]http://images.comicbookresources.com/cons/screamawards2006/sm/robert_kirkman1.jpg[/IMGL] As Robert Kirkman was quoted in Wizard #184:

"There's going be a huge shake-up coming with [April's] issue #81," explained writer Robert Kirkman. "The name of that arc is 'All Different,' and it involves the characters picking up the pieces after the cataclysmic events of the 'Cable' arc. It's going to be a whole new X-Men." The writer added that the team would see only one newly "Ultimatized" character, several teammates stepping up and former X-Men taking up side roles as the series progresses."

New teammate? Hmm... I can't figure out who it could possibly be. Maybe Banshee?

Heh, the title of the next arc is a pretty nice nod to 616.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your first news piece!

It's all very interesting. Can't wait until the end of January to see what the solit says.

Banshee or Syrin would be cool. In fact, it would even be more of a nod if it ws Banshee since he was part of the "All Different, All New X-Men". And it's even MORE a nod if it is him and he helps the X-Men since he had to at one point. And its even more more MORE a nod...

No, just kidding. No more. Really.

or Ultimate Layla Miller...
*coughpedophilecough*

:D

ultimate layla miller indeed. might as well make it...

*checks newest convoluted-origin character*

...ultimate vulcan! woot!! now with the power to not only massacre every x-man at the same time, but the entire multiverse! (also features bad-*** piercings and secret connection to nick fury). :roll:

Very interesting...hmmmm...

ultimate layla miller indeed. might as well make it...

*checks newest convoluted-origin character*

...ultimate vulcan! woot!! now with the power to not only massacre every x-man at the same time, but the entire multiverse! (also features bad-*** piercings and secret connection to nick fury). :roll:

:lol:

Kirkman is a VERY photogenic man. :lol:

Anyway, what I find more interesting is that he's changing the roles of the X-Men around. Perhaps Storm will be the active leader as Cyclops gets his **** together or Emma Frost steps in as the X-Men's mentor, as someone suggested earlier. This could mean a whole number of things... And I'm actually really excited to see it all play out. I am really digging this title right now. Probably my favorite despite the time travelling and the demise of an important character in the next issue...

A new team member? Sounds interesting... Better not be anything like the Magician! :) Love you, Kirkman!

Did Kirkman actually use the world "Ultimatized"? He is to be writing, with his sterling grasp of grammar?

Hmm...sounds awesome. Finally the book is picking up. Now maybe these other forums around the net will stop sucking off Bendis and admit that USM is not the best Ultimate book outside of Ultimates. I'm tired of hearing about USM all the time, it's time people started to realize that it's taken almost a whole year, but Kirkman's getting used to what makes the X-Men good.

Did Kirkman actually use the world "Ultimatized"? He is to be writing, with his sterling grasp of grammar?
I think he did, but I'd put that up to the person who wrote the article. There was a lot of misspellings, but mostly throughout the magazine.

Latest posts

Back