Kurt Vonnegut

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
(It's a shame that we didn't already have this thread.)

I'm doing a presentation for my Critical Reading and Writing class about Vonnegut, specifically, his process as a writer, his techniques, etc.

I hate to try and outsource my research, but I've got a week to put together an outline and I'm thinking that there are probably other people here who've done stuff about Vonnegut and have found some good sources.

Like I mentioned, I'm specifically thinking stuff about his process. I have some of the pieces and lists he wrote that everyone's already seen and I have a book full of interviews, but I'm going to have to fill 30 minutes and I think I'll need more.

I did at least two projects on Vonnegut per year, all four years of High School. He is my God.
Most of my information on his process came from his own books (Fates Worse than Death, Armageddon in Retrospect, Man Without a Country, Palm Sunday). There are some gems there.

I'll see if I can dredge up some of my old projects, though they're probably on a different harddisc.

Last edited:
I did at least two projects on Vonnegut per year, all four years of High School. He is my God.
Most of my information on his process came from his own books (Fates Worse than Death, Armageddon in Retrospect, Man Without a Country, Palm Sunday). There are some gems there.

I'll see if I can dredge up some of my old projects, though they're probably on a different harddisc.
Cool. It would be nice if you could post some of that or PM it to me as soon as you can.

I've read Slaughterhouse-Five. It was odd. I pictured Desmond as Billy Pilgrim because of what has happened to him in Lost.

My hometown is featured in Slaughterhouse Five. They made us read it solely for that. But I loved the book.

It sparked my love for Science Fiction.

Latest posts

Back