Lantern Ring Collection. This November. Be there.

I already get Booster Gold, so SWEET!

But I'll probably order the others, get the rings, and give the issues to my friend.

I'll blow the person who gets me a set.

I am a little confused, do you get a ring when you buy these books or is it simply that orders of these books tie into the number of rings the LCS can order and then resell seperately?

I totally need this set of rings.

I am a little confused, do you get a ring when you buy these books or is it simply that orders of these books tie into the number of rings the LCS can order and then resell seperately?

I totally need this set of rings.

The number of each book your shop orders will determine how many rings your shop gets (each ring tied to a particular book). Its up to the individual shop owners to decide how they'll give them away, or if they'll charge for them (which I'd expect most to do).

The number of each book your shop orders will determine how many rings your shop gets (each ring tied to a particular book). Its up to the individual shop owners to decide how they'll give them away, or if they'll charge for them (which I'd expect most to do).

Ok. That is pretty much what I thought. Thx for the clarification.

I wouldn't think the rings would be very expensive but I guess if the LCS has to go out on a limb ordering large numbers of books that don't sell that well I imagine they will charge at least the cost of the comic for the rings.

Ok. That is pretty much what I thought. Thx for the clarification.

I wouldn't think the rings would be very expensive but I guess if the LCS has to go out on a limb ordering large numbers of books that don't sell that well I imagine they will charge at least the cost of the comic for the rings.

Yeah, this is what I expect. My LCS gave me a Black Lantern right without making me buy Blackest Night #2, but that is a big seller and I doubt they adjusted their order to get more rings. This is a bigger risk.

Paying $3 (pre-discount) per ring isn't very appealing but I will do it because I like them and it's a great promotional idea.

Yeah, this is what I expect. My LCS gave me a Black Lantern right without making me buy Blackest Night #2, but that is a big seller and I doubt they adjusted their order to get more rings. This is a bigger risk.

Paying $3 (pre-discount) per ring isn't very appealing but I will do it because I like them and it's a great promotional idea.

It is a cool promotional idea.

So the black rings already came out with BN #2?

While it isn't the ideal situation financially, I would pretty much gladly pay $3 a ring. Now I am hoping I didn't miss my chance for a black ring. I'd really like the entire set.

The cynic in me is yelling "$4 pieces of plastic!?"

Count me out. If my shop has any leftovers I'll ask, but it's not that important to me.

It is a cool promotional idea.

So the black rings already came out with BN #2?

While it isn't the ideal situation financially, I would pretty much gladly pay $3 a ring. Now I am hoping I didn't miss my chance for a black ring. I'd really like the entire set.

It looks like the Black Ring kicked the whole thing off. Weird - it doesn't look like the one in the picture on the link I posted. It's pretty big actually and "chunky".

I assumed based on the picture that there would be a new black ring.

It looks like the Black Ring kicked the whole thing off. Weird - it doesn't look like the one in the picture on the link I posted. It's pretty big actually and "chunky".

I assumed based on the picture that there would be a new black ring.

Maybe there will be. That would be sweet.

The thing that bums me out is that I have a friend who works at my lcs and do you think he mentioned anything about rings? I'll answer for you, no he didn't.

So after I smack him, I'm gonna see about ordering me some colored ring goodness.

Last edited:

Who cares? I won't by a comic for a piece of plastic that I could get out of the bottom of a cereal box.

I remember buying a copy of Captain Underpants as a kid and being so disapointed when the Hypno Ring didn't work. I'm not getting one of these unless I can actually create giant boxing gloves in the color of my choice.

It's a cool promo idea, just not one I'll get behind.

Latest posts

Back