Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass [spoilers]

Re: Nintendo DS thread

Anyone else picking up Phantom Hourglass tomorrow???
I'm not sure if I'm getting it tomorrow, but I will at some point.

Also, there's a Mario Party game coming out for the DS in November. And it'll likely have online modes.

Re: Nintendo DS thread

Anyone else picking up Phantom Hourglass tomorrow???

Holy poop - I didn't know it was out tomorrow. Definitely picking it up.

Got this today. So far so good.

But can someone PLEASE tell me how to get the key from that stupid rat in the mountain passage?!

Bought it, but I'm not sure I'm going to start playing it yet. I still have to beat Twilight Princess. :?

Bought it, but I'm not sure I'm going to start playing it yet. I still have to beat Twilight Princess. :?

I thought this was the continuation of Wind waker.

It's a sequel to Wind Waker.

Yeah, I got bored with Twilight Princess and stopped playing it. This happens with all games. I'll go back in a year and finish it.

But can someone PLEASE tell me how to get the key from that stupid rat in the mountain passage?!

Push the block in front of the right rat hole, wait for the rat to come out of the left hole, run out of the way to where it wont see you, then once he gets all the way to the blocked hole he'll turn back and you jump out into his path and get him.

I'm at the first real temple right now, the fire temple. Not much has happened, link has a fairy and meets a sailor named Linebeck (who is a real *******) and they decide to go after the ship that captured Tetra together.

Yeah, I got bored with Twilight Princess and stopped playing it. This happens with all games. I'll go back in a year and finish it.

That happens to me ALL. THE. TIME. I rarely finish games.

Push the block in front of the right rat hole, wait for the rat to come out of the left hole, run out of the way to where it wont see you, then once he gets all the way to the blocked hole he'll turn back and you jump out into his path and get him.

Cool, thanks. I had it backward - I was covering the left tunnel.

Anyone besides me and E actually playing this? I've probably played close to 20 hours, which is surprisingly long for a DS game, and I still have 2 dungeons left. I love it so far, I think I like it better than Wind Waker. The all-touch screen controls are surprisingly streamlined and efficient, and the game play is superb. I tried the multiplayer mode with a friend and it was lackluster, but other than that (and that ****ing Master Dungeon) it is an excellent game, definitely one of the best games on the DS right now.

Anyone besides me and E actually playing this? I've probably played close to 20 hours, which is surprisingly long for a DS game, and I still have 2 dungeons left. I love it so far, I think I like it better than Wind Waker. The all-touch screen controls are surprisingly streamlined and efficient, and the game play is superb. I tried the multiplayer mode with a friend and it was lackluster, but other than that (and that ****ing Master Dungeon) it is an excellent game, definitely one of the best games on the DS right now.

I just got to the first dungeon - I've only played it twice now.

I'm not sure I like the control for movement. I wish you could just move with the d-pad. The tap attack is great though, and the rest of the controls are good so far.

Did you see that if you register your game and take a short survey Nintendo will send you a feather-shaped stylus?

I have to say I'm not sure what to think of this game. I do like it, quite a lot. The 'Wind Waker' Links universe has always been more charming than the 'Ocarina' one, and Link himself is just cute as a button. The graphical style is excellent, and it truly is an innovative game. Boomerang control kicks, map-writing is an excellent and very helpful feature, the mic is used quite imaginatively and some of the puzzles are actually a little challenging (was I the only one who took AGES to figure out I had to close the DS to 'press' that one particular map?!?). However, I'm not comfortable with controlling everything by stylus. Half of the time, the stylus is in the way of the screen and my hand gets cramp after a while playing (not to mention that the rolling thing is for some reason really difficult to do properly). I can't count the amount of times I've fallen into a chasm because Link lunged with his sword instead of just walking slowly.

Like I said, I do enjoy it. Boat building and riding is awesome, Linebeck is hilarious, and it looks beautiful. I just really wish I could use the d-pad for movements, as I feel the stylus movement doesn't add anything to the gameplay.

Got my feather stylus today...anyone else get one? It comes in a really nice box. I was surprised.

Latest posts

Back