Live-Action Wonder Woman TV Series

Wonder Woman Set Photos Reveal Costume Changes

ww-new.jpg

ww-costume2-468x570.jpg

Last edited:
Right, the reason that costume has never worked in real life is because Wonder Woman needs to have shoulders, people. Without broad shoulders and lats, it looks like a hooker's swimsuit that she's about to pop out of.

Not only that... but Wonder Woman is a princess and an ambassador with superhuman strength.

Her costume should actually have GOLD on it. REAL HEAVY GOLD. While I understand that the actress has no superhuman strength and thus real gold is impractical, the material should look like GOLD and not gold-painted plastic or whatever the hell that is.

It looks better, but it just doesn't look good.

But thank god it's trousers instead of panties and the boots don't have heels. Lower body, I don't have a problem with. Upper body is the problem, and it's a problem because they didn't cast an amazon or get this girl to lift a weight or two. Yes, Diana's superstrength is magical, but Diana actually trained to be the best Amazon. So she'd look like a fricking athlete, and not a model.

Ah, one day I'll accept that other people are entitled to have different view points to me regarding superhero characters.

Unfortunately TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY.

Right, the reason that costume has never worked in real life is because Wonder Woman needs to have shoulders, people. Without broad shoulders and lats, it looks like a hooker's swimsuit that she's about to pop out of.

Not only that... but Wonder Woman is a princess and an ambassador with superhuman strength.

Her costume should actually have GOLD on it. REAL HEAVY GOLD. While I understand that the actress has no superhuman strength and thus real gold is impractical, the material should look like GOLD and not gold-painted plastic or whatever the hell that is.

It looks better, but it just doesn't look good.

But thank god it's trousers instead of panties and the boots don't have heels. Lower body, I don't have a problem with. Upper body is the problem, and it's a problem because they didn't cast an amazon or get this girl to lift a weight or two. Yes, Diana's superstrength is magical, but Diana actually trained to be the best Amazon. So she'd look like a fricking athlete, and not a model.

Ah, one day I'll accept that other people are entitled to have different view points to me regarding superhero characters.

Unfortunately TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY.

Oh Bass! Is there no end to your obsession with female bodybuilders?

*adds to smut collection* (I can't say "****"... really?!)

Joking aside, the word I was describing was "statuesque". A good example would be the delicious Amanda Righetti from THE MENTALIST, who's 5'9". There was a scene in one episode where she shouldered a door right off its chain and she just looked tough and badass doing it. Jennifer Garner or Jessica Biel would also work as they both had the right kind of look when they were doing action movies. That kinda vibe.

Last edited:

Mark Millar said something about this on Twitter, saying - and I'm paraphrasing here - it was a good thing because with the success comics are having in movies they need to keep the bar high and keep out the crap.

That kind of confused me because a) I thought the general consensus was that this was expected to be pretty good and b) he wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't have seen or heard anything about this seeing as how it hasn't even aired yet. Has a pilot even been shot?

How the hell did I miss this??

Couldn't agree with Mr Warren (via Emp) any more than riiiiight NOW.

As to NBC not picking it up. Thank the gods. Maybe we can get something other than "Single Female Lawyer".

:( I know i'm the only one here nut i was excited for it.

yep, and based on the pilot, NBC turned them down.

I said "shot" and meant to ask if it aired.

I'm completely ignorant about the process of creating and selling TV shows, though. Don't pilots air on TV as well, or are they only shown to network heads?

If the series gets the okay, the pilot shown to the execs will usually be the first episode aired. But in many cases, tweaks are requested before it does air, and sometimes it won't even be the first episode. I think that happened with Dollhouse.

So, it depends.

Last edited:
If the series gets the okay, the pilot shown to the execs will usually be the first episode aired. But in many cases, tweaks are requested before it does air, and sometimes it won't even be the first episode. I think that happened with Dollhouse.

So, it depends.

yep, this.

a) I thought the general consensus was that this was expected to be pretty good and b) he wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't have seen or heard anything about this seeing as how it hasn't even aired yet. Has a pilot even been shot?
Not sure where you got that general consensus, the script that was leak lead to most opinions that this would be bad.

So, it depends.

Yep, shows would do a pilot show it to exes, focus group, or small audience and based on that feed back decide if it's worth funding or not. If it was good and no fundamental changes are requested than it becomes the first episode.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back