Looks like I got some choices to make

Nurhachi

Right, the thing is im already getting 11 titles, and theres a few new ones im thinking of pulling, but im not gonna be able to get all the ones im considering.
These are my choices:

Exiles
Astonishing X-Men
Spider-Man: Breakout
Toxin
House of M
Secret War

I like stuff like character development, love triangles and basically soap opera type shizen and a good rogues gallery and the whole super hero stuff

I dont like stuff like Punisher and District X where its all guns and mobsters and stuff. Dont like futuristic (Bishop) or space like stuff (Shiar, Silver Surfer) or Thor like stuff. Although I dont mind alternate realities.

So recommend away!

I'll let someone else recommed astonishing in detail so I'll put my vote in for Exiles. Its one of the best titles around, has loads of stories that all tie in to the complete story, has a few really interesting characters has a lot going for it. The only problem with the title is that now isn't the best jumping on point. Its the Big Revelation story arc so you might want to try back issuing yourself up through the trades or whatever

Astonishing, House of M, and Secret War. They are all about character development and interaction. I'm not big on spacey stuff either.

Can't tell you much about House of M except that all signs say that it is going to be huge and will fix a lot of problems in the MU.

Mass Mutant Death Ahoy! I read somewhere that houseof M will be the death of 85% of Marvel's mutants so be prepared for lots of Magneto smackdown goodness

Let's just put this to rest right now. The marvel universe (excluding X-Titles) pretty much centers around one man. Get all the titles Bendis is working on because they all tie into eachother. Like you said, you like the whole soap opera thing. Well, we all do that's why we get comics it's a macho soap opera pretty much. But Bendis' titles have all that... and yes, that includes Daredevil (which I can say is a great time to start reading this title now)

Ok, either on sat, mon or wednesday im gonna get Vol 1 of exiles and astonishing x-men as well as the first 3 issues of secret war

I've put a lot of faith in you guys, so if these suck, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

BY THE WAY!!!

If anyone else is thinking of getting another title, say what kind of comics your into in this thread and the experts here at UC :D will let you know what you should get.

Caduceus said:
Mass Mutant Death Ahoy! I read somewhere that houseof M will be the death of 85% of Marvel's mutants so be prepared for lots of Magneto smackdown goodness

Awesome :D

UltimateE said:
Astonishing, House of M, and Secret War. They are all about character development and interaction. I'm not big on spacey stuff either.

Can't tell you much about House of M except that all signs say that it is going to be huge and will fix a lot of problems in the MU.
Yeah, what he said! :D

Caduceus said:

I heard the same thing - that this will undo Morrison's mutant community and make it more like just the X-Men we knew. Not sure what this means for District X, since it's based around an entire mutant section of NYC.

Gah, we all know all mutants are either
a) super heros
b) villains
c) poor and ugly

Its only the first too categories that will get massacred, all the poor and ugly (who, of course, live in new york) are perfectly safe.

Latest posts

Back