Loonatics Unleashed

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Official site : http://kidswb.warnerbros.com/kids/shows-LoonaticsUnleashed

comes on here soon but I think it came out 2005 in america.

In the year 2772, a meteor of unknown origin collides with the planet Earth, transforming it and some of its inhabitants forever. Included in this transformation are the descendants of the classic Looney Tunes characters, who become super-powered heroes, yet still retaining the wacky personalities of their ancestors.

i figured everyone here has to love this Superheroes + LoonyToons = Can not fail (I might be wrong annd I might regret saying this)

But I searched for

Loonatics and go no results but I figured a comic book message board would of had this listed

Some pics :

Intro :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ah34UzWN_0Y
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YTISqDGcIP0&mode=related&search=

Last edited:
Yeah....we've had it for a while here in the states.

And it sucks. Hard.

End of discussion.

Oh :cry:

From sounds of it I was expecting to be like Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century or Tiny Toons or Even disney's Darkwing Duck

I have never seen this show. I don't watch Loony Tunes. I am attacking neither SSJmole, the show, nor this thread. However, I did look it up on Wikipedia, and I must say:

Wikipedia on Lexi Bunny said:
Before gaining her powers, Lexi was a student at Acmetropolis University who tried to join the school's cheerleading squad. The captain, afraid she was too good, did not accept her.

This is the most loathsome thing I've ever read and I'm breaking out in hives just thinking about it. Please tell me this character gets beat up a lot.

SSJmole, how can you possibly despise remakes so much because "they're an insult to the original"....yet think this looks great?

That's all this is, a crappy remake, and it's the biggest insult to the original I can imagine.

It's not a remake.

It's just the follow on.

That's like saying Fraiser is a remake of cheers.

Like I said hadn't heard much about it was expecting some gold.

Besides yes I hate remakes but I've also said some were ok E.g I love Leonardo DiCaprio version of man in the iron mask , The 1993 Three Musketeers and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves plus a few others.

I was not expecting this to be intelligent , moving , drama I was expecting like i mentioned above a new Duck Dodgers or something that is funny , silly and cool.

I may of been wrong but who can honestly say that when you hear loony toons + superheros you would not expect gold.

Edit :
I have never seen this show. I don't watch Loony Tunes. I am attacking neither SSJmole, the show, nor this thread. However, I did look it up on Wikipedia, and I must say:

This is the most loathsome thing I've ever read and I'm breaking out in hives just thinking about it. Please tell me this character gets beat up a lot.

yeah that does sound pretty damn bad

Last edited:
It's not a remake.

It's just the follow on.

That's like saying Fraiser is a remake of cheers.

It's doing new versions of all the same characters. How is that not a remake?

Frasier isn't a a remake because it takes one of the characters and tells a bunch of stories about him. Loonatics is because it takes all of the characters, changes them, has different actors play them, and puts them in a new situation.

I may of been wrong but who can honestly say that when you hear loony toons + superheros you would not expect gold.

Well I can't speak for

EVERYBODY

but I can honestly say that when I hear loony toons + superheroes I would not expect gold. I'd expect a cheap bastardization of the original, which actually was gold, in an effort to suck kids in using typical flashy stock concepts and make a ton of money real fast.

Last edited:
1. This is probably the worst idea for a kids show that I've ever heard.

and 2. There's already a thread for this.

Well, I do remember seeing it about a month ago. But it's gone now. D'oh!

Last edited:
It's doing new versions of all the same characters. How is that not a remake?

Frasier isn't a a remake because it takes one of the characters and tells a bunch of stories about him. Loonatics is because it takes all of the characters, changes them, has different actors play them, and puts them in a new situation.

because they are supposed to be related to the originals but not actually be them. Yes from I read personalities are the same but they are not actually them. Plus If it was a remake it would be "New Loony toons" or somthing starting from the beginning But you want to see it as remake ok that's cool I just disagree

Well I can't speak for

EVERYBODY

but I can honestly say that when I hear loony toons + superheroes I would not expect gold. I'd expect a cheap bastardization of the original, which actually was gold, in an effort to suck kids in using typical flashy stock concepts and make a ton of money real fast.

So You didn't like cartoons/games ect that do that e.g

- Duck dodgers

- Tiny Toons

- wacky races

- Mario Kart

- Tail Spin

- Darking Duck

- Elseworld comics

- Marvel Zombies

all of which did that and were great (or great from what I heard) and took the originals and put them in an unfamiliar setting and made something pretty cool.

I'm not saying this good like I said never heard of it till today or if I did i forgot it sounded good.

1. This is probably the worst idea for a kids show that I've ever heard.

and 2. There's already a thread for this.

Well, I do remember seeing it about a month ago. But it's gone now. D'oh!

I'm glad you posted this anyway, because I discovered this, the greatest thread EVER. Everyone save those pictures of E on page two to your computer and post them at the slightest provocation.

So... Loony Tunes and superheroes. I think it would be good if it was just a random sketch on one of the episodes. As a series with an actual backstory and plot, it's stupid (especially with the whole 'descendants of the original cast' thing), but if it's just Bugs flying around in a cape and tights (and written a few decades ago) it'd be hilarious.

Edit: Um, Mole, he's saying Loony Tunes in the twenty-eighth century, as their descendants with superpowers, is lame. Marvel Zombies and Mario Kart have nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
I'm glad you posted this anyway, because I discovered this, the greatest thread EVER. Everyone save those pictures of E on page two to your computer and post them at the slightest provocation.

Oooooo....I remember that thread. Fun times. What the hell were you looking for that you came upon that little nugget?
:lol:

Loonatics. It comes up on the second post from the bottom on the first page.
Ah, that's where you got "E in drag".

So, if E was Houde's girlfriend, then does that meant that E is "SexyButt".

Didn't we have a thread about this way back?

I hated it when I heard about it, but that's because it was transparently obvious that it was a gimmick. And when I saw it, boy did it suck hard.

However, I don't think it was 'essentially' a bad thing to mix Looney Tunes and superheroes. So I would probably defend the idea of superpowered Looney Tunes with the same breath i would use to defend a Mrs. Doubtfire sequel or a remake of Teen Wolf.

Which is to say that there is no idea --- NO IDEA --- that is SO completely irredeemable that it should be outlawed from ever being done. The fact that this sucked hard is a completely different matter altogether.

I should close this.

What horror.

Yes. You should.

Loonatics is an abomination to man. It is, easily, one of the biggest insults to my childhood ever.

Granted, I've only seen two episodes, but. . .those two episodes were a nightmare.

Latest posts

Back