Loose Plot Threads

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
I thought there was a thread but I can't find it. The reason I made this is cause I was reading Ultimate Six and in issue five I noticed something. When Fury's talking to Cap. He said Osborn wants payback for what he did to them. It might be nothing. I don't think he meant taking his company or locking him up. But Fury changes the subject.

Other loose plot threads.

- In USM #2 when peter looks at his wrist and says what's that
- the big conspiracy
- the traitor
- Apocalypse Real or Fake
- Loki Real Or Fake
- Where's Geldoff
- Why was Man-Thing in the shot with the Fantastic Four in the 1st issue of the Doom Arc?
- The Whole Gambit soul inside Rouge?
- Phoenix real or Jean is just crazy? And who was she talking o at the end of the Blockbuster arc?
- Who talked to Jean in the astral plane?
- The whole Ben Reilly stealing Peters blood?
- Gambit's Connection To Sinister

any other's

Last edited:
thee great one said:
I thought there was a thread but I can't find it. The reason I made this is cause I was reading Ultimate Six and in issue five I noticed something. When Fury's talking to Cap. He said Osborn wants payback for what he did to them. It might be nothing. I don't think he meant taking his company or locking him up. But Fury changes the subject.

- the big conspiracy
- the traitor
- Apocalypse Real or Fake
- Loki Real Or Fake
- Where's Geldoff

any other's

Yeah i really got frustrated with the wrist thing...... like i thought that was what would be dealt with in the Hobgoblin Arc.......
i don't even know what "the secert thing from the first issue" was, it was meant to be in Hobgoblin arc, it wasn't the whole harry and Mj.... cause i could never see it in there.

But i think the Conspiracy, and maybe the wrist thing, might come to light in the "parker legacy" arc.... thats gona be like issue 100 or something.

The Traitor will be revealed in next couple of issues of Ultimates.
Same with Loki, or it will be left open.... so Ultimates 3 can totally screw with him.

With the whole Geldoff thing, i remeber from the 1st arc in fantastic four, the kids from the think tank are mocking Moleman, and then Victor stands up to him, and says hes a genius..... maybe he stole Molemans ideas or plans and created Geldoff, or used his design for his plant people, and just expanded on it, i dunno.....i also think Doom can't have made him.
Maybe hes there idea of a supersoldier (like Captain America)

I think Apocalypse is real, they will make him into a villian...... if not soon, in like a year.

Heres some more......

Why was Man-Thing in the shot with the Fantastic Four in the 1st issue of the Doom Arc?
The Whole Gambit soul inside Rouge?
Pheonix real or Jean is just crazy? (from Hellfire and Brimstone..... and so on)
The whole Ben Reilly stealing Peters blood? (i think that might be resolved in parker legacy)
one question i want to know is why Steve Roger's body accepted the Serum, while the guy in the Annual died......i wonder if that will be solved by end of ultimates :)

Shihad said:
Why was Man-Thing in the shot with the Fantastic Four in the 1st issue of the Doom Arc?
This is what I most want to see resolved. It's been, what, two years now? We deserve to know what's going on with Ultimate Man-Thing and why he was there in the FF's origin.

Shihad said:
Yeah i really got frustrated with the wrist thing...... like i thought that was what would be dealt with in the Hobgoblin Arc.......
i don't even know what "the secert thing from the first issue" was, it was meant to be in Hobgoblin arc, it wasn't the whole harry and Mj.... cause i could never see it in there.
My memory's fuzzy on whether Bendis claimed he would address that, but in any case, Bendis leaving things hanging is COMPLETELY unsurprising.

In fact, it completely annoys me that Bendis keeps plotting things way in advance, then announces his plans on the Internet, then rearranges them when he comes up with 'new ideas'.

It's like, "Next arc, I will feature the year of Matt Murdock as Kingpin!!!!" and then "Whoops! I had an idea! Let's push that back farther guys! Ignore my teasing, here's a new thing I want to tease you about! We'll deal with the first tease later!"

He also has a tendency to forget about plot threads he's inserted, and then chooses to adress those plot threads way later just as how USM Super Special picked up on a scene that he injected into USM 9 months before.

Which makes me worried, since he's such a stickler for continuity (even if he can't keep his own chronologies straight) will treating the USM Videogame as canon create even more problems?

I remember being very annoyed that Spidey had met Curt Connors in UMTU, and they treated this like something we're suppsoed to be aware of in USM. Are we expected to be aware of events in the videogame now, in that the series will make allusions to these events?

Will the running story of the Parker/Brock Legacy, Trask Industries and the suit be incomplete in the comic without playing the videogame? Ugh.

TheeGreatOne said:
- Why was Man-Thing in the shot with the Fantastic Four in the 1st issue of the Doom Arc?
- The Whole Gambit soul inside Rouge?
- Phoenix real or Jean is just crazy? And who was she talking o at the end of the Blockbuster arc?
- Who talked to Jean in the astral plane?
- The whole Ben Reilly stealing Peters blood?
- Gambit's Connection To Sinister

updated with this...

and Shihad, the loose plot thread from USM #1 was that Harry was at the scene of the accident that gave Norman his powers and that's how he got his. I know it's lame.

During the Astral Plane scene in "Cry Wolf", when Jean and the Professor were simultaneously hooked up to Cerebro, it seems that each of them believed that the other one tipped them off about the location of Gambit and Rogue. (It appears as speech balloon with no tail. Look again.) So who actually located their missing team-mate? The obvious answer is the Phoenix force, but could there possibly have been a third mind inside there, with them? ;)

Here's a plot thread that's missing -

Gwen Stacy, hating Spider-Man, knowing his secret identity of Peter Parker, blaming him for her father's death, living in his house, antagonising his Aunt, and driving his girlfriend crazy with jealousy.

What happened to that?

I suppose the same thing that happened to Bendis' writing ability.

Did you really expect me to let this one go?!

God, I love being one-dimensional.

Actually, you bring up a nice idea for a thread, where we put in all the plot threads of stories that were never finished. Shame it's not just for anything, cause the biggest dangling plot threads I can imagine are the tv shows Crusade and Firefly... :cry:

thee great one said:

I've always wondered about that to.

Shihad said:

That was actually Harry gaining the powers from the lab explosion at Oscorp, even though it wasn't the first issue. I think Bendis meant the first arc.

Doc Comic said:
This is what I most want to see resolved. It's been, what, two years now? We deserve to know what's going on with Ultimate Man-Thing and why he was there in the FF's origin.

I agree, but I think it was explained as Man-Thing having to do with being the guardian of the Nexus of all realities, and somehow the FF's teleportation came under his notice or something. Doesn't explain the way it was presented in the panel though, with him lumped in with the 4 and Doom.

Bass said:
Here's a plot thread that's missing -

Gwen Stacy, hating Spider-Man, knowing his secret identity of Peter Parker, blaming him for her father's death, living in his house, antagonising his Aunt, and driving his girlfriend crazy with jealousy.

What happened to that?

I suppose the same thing that happened to Bendis' writing ability.
A perfectly good plot thread killed literally by slavish devotion to 616 'themes'. True, I haven't really read that Death of Gwen arc, but I get the feeling there wasn't much resolution when she died. At least Kurt Busiek's Marvels bothered to imbue some kind of meaningful significance of what Gwen stood for before she died.

I wonder what they're going to do with Liz Allen then, seeing as how in 616 she's bat**** loco and in a delusional state of denial in knowing that she has like three supervillains in her family.

ourchair said:
A perfectly good plot thread killed literally by slavish devotion to 616 'themes'. True, I haven't really read that Death of Gwen arc, but I get the feeling there wasn't much resolution when she died. At least Kurt Busiek's Marvels bothered to imbue some kind of meaningful significance of what Gwen stood for before she died.

I wonder what they're going to do with Liz Allen then, seeing as how in 616 she's bat**** loco and in a delusional state of denial in knowing that she has like three supervillains in her family.

The Ultimate version of Liz seems well on her way to bat**** loco. After all she freaks out even if you mention the word mutant.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Bass, you're gonna have to get over this one. The fact that Gwen hated Spider-Man when she died kind makes her death even more interesting then her being his girlfriend.

But she didn't hate him.

TheManWithoutFear said:
wait did they make up ... **** I better start at #1 and read them through again, I'm slipping. Sorry about that everyone.

They became friends again. And then she died.

thee great one said:
updated with this...

and Shihad, the loose plot thread from USM #1 was that Harry was at the scene of the accident that gave Norman his powers and that's how he got his. I know it's lame.

I thought it was that, but i didn't want to believe that really........ :cry:

I don't know if this is considered a plot thread..... but the whole meeting the fantastic four in UTU #9 (i know many of you, ignore this series......)
And i did hear someone say that Bendis told us to ignore it...... but its still there.
They should have known about it before they started UFF....... and either expanded on it, and just not screwed it all up

Shihad said:
I thought it was that, but i didn't want to believe that really........ :cry:

I don't know if this is considered a plot thread..... but the whole meeting the fantastic four in UTU #9 (i know many of you, ignore this series......)
And i did hear someone say that Bendis told us to ignore it...... but its still there.
They should have known about it before they started UFF....... and either expanded on it, and just not screwed it all up

He didn't say to ignore it, he said it isn't in continuity. It was pretend.

Well, I mean it's all pretend. But it was pretend pretend.

Latest posts

Back