Lost *spoilers*

This has me worried:

Disney has officially set Lost: The Final Season for DVD and Blu-ray Disc release on 8/24 (SRP $59.99 and $79.99). The 5-disc set will include original scripted content produced by Damon Lindeloff and Carlton Cuse, bloopers and deleted scenes, audio commentaries, the Lost on Location and Crafting a Final Season featurettes and more. Meanwhile, Disney will also release Lost: The Complete Series on DVD and Blu-ray on 8/24 (SRP $229.99 and $279.99). That will be a 38-disc DVD set and a 36-disc Blu-ray set. Extras will include a full disc of exclusive-to-this-set bonus content (2+ hours) and all of the bonus content from the previous season sets. More details are expected to be announced soon.

It would be kind of cruel to only have the bonus content available with the complete series. :(

Actually, this makes me feel a bit better that it (the rumored Hurley/Ben/maybe Walt scenes) will be on both the Complete Series and Season 6. The "original scripted" content is hopefully also filmed and edited, and not just some deleted scene script pages. If not, and the Hurley/Ben stuff is only on the Complete Series DVDs, I will be crushed.

It'd be a real kick in the teeth for all the Lost fans who've been buying the DVD seasons as they're released over the years.

I'm almost relieved. I own the first five seasons on DVD, and I was planning on buying the complete collection anyway, and sort of feel like the exclusivity of the Hurley/Ben sequence legitimizes my otherwise ridiculous purchase.

I'm almost relieved. I own the first five seasons on DVD, and I was planning on buying the complete collection anyway, and sort of feel like the exclusivity of the Hurley/Ben sequence legitimizes my otherwise ridiculous purchase.

The necessity of HAVING to buy the complete series when people already own the DVDs of previous seasons to get the Hurley/Ben scenes is ridiculous in itself. Exclusive behind the scenes material and stuff I can understand, but something that ties into and plays a part of the mythology of the show (no matter how big or small, necessary or unnecessary) being available on ONLY a complete series set is bull****.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to getting the complete set.

I tried checking Lostpedia for it, but I noticed they missed one cruel punishment left to MiB. Even in death, he couldn't leave the island. His corpse will be just rotting on the side of the cliff forever.

I had a dream last night where me, Jack, Charlie, Sayid, Sawyer, Claire and Hurley were running through this area of the jungle with a lot of these boardwalk things along the ground, which I "remembered" as being a feature of the Dark Territory. At one point it was also partially inside a sort of big jungle-building which may have been inspired by
this.

Anyway, while going along the boardwalks, we heard some loud noise or something and all started running. Suddenly, a Hurley Bird, full-sized(16 foot wingspan) and all, plunges out of the trees towards Claire and I, who hit the ground to see it swoop just overhead. "ERRRRLEEEE!", it calls. We get up and keep scrambling along, as we notice several more of these birds are in the trees, watching us.

Sawyer yells "MOVE IT!" and we all sprint like crazy down one long, curving boardwalk in an attempt to get out of this big jungle-building into another area of the island. The birds begin to divebomb us and we have to rapidly jump out of the way over and over or go prone as they hover in midair trying to beat us with their wings. It's terrifying but I'm also really excited that they're addressing this again, and wonder why I was disappointed with last week's "finale", because after all, it's not like it was going to be the last episode ever.

A huge one hurleys loudly as it torpedoes itself at Claire and I. We dive to the ground and Sayid shoots at it with a machine gun. It crashes along the ground and I, with my .357 magnum, shoot it once, apparently killing it. I almost never kill even attacking animals in dreams, and always feel bad if I do, but here it was just so intense and I was sure the bird was maliciously trying to kill us that it just felt like the thing to do. Sayid tells Claire and I that we need to go for headshots, for only they will work. We affirm and I toss Claire an exact copy of my gun, and the group moves out, heading for this research compound now where we think the birds originated from as part of a Jurassic Park-like experiment by an early or pre-DHARMA Initiative group.

When we get there it kind of segways into this really cool weird house where Dakota Fanning lives with her mercenary father, who's away on business, and the house is being shown to a group of people by Phil Dunphy from Modern Family.

LOST

I had a dream last night where me, Jack, Charlie, Sayid, Sawyer, Claire and Hurley were running through this area of the jungle with a lot of these boardwalk things along the ground, which I "remembered" as being a feature of the Dark Territory. At one point it was also partially inside a sort of big jungle-building which may have been inspired by
this.

Anyway, while going along the boardwalks, we heard some loud noise or something and all started running. Suddenly, a Hurley Bird, full-sized(16 foot wingspan) and all, plunges out of the trees towards Claire and I, who hit the ground to see it swoop just overhead. "ERRRRLEEEE!", it calls. We get up and keep scrambling along, as we notice several more of these birds are in the trees, watching us.

Sawyer yells "MOVE IT!" and we all sprint like crazy down one long, curving boardwalk in an attempt to get out of this big jungle-building into another area of the island. The birds begin to divebomb us and we have to rapidly jump out of the way over and over or go prone as they hover in midair trying to beat us with their wings. It's terrifying but I'm also really excited that they're addressing this again, and wonder why I was disappointed with last week's "finale", because after all, it's not like it was going to be the last episode ever.

A huge one hurleys loudly as it torpedoes itself at Claire and I. We dive to the ground and Sayid shoots at it with a machine gun. It crashes along the ground and I, with my .357 magnum, shoot it once, apparently killing it. I almost never kill even attacking animals in dreams, and always feel bad if I do, but here it was just so intense and I was sure the bird was maliciously trying to kill us that it just felt like the thing to do. Sayid tells Claire and I that we need to go for headshots, for only they will work. We affirm and I toss Claire an exact copy of my gun, and the group moves out, heading for this research compound now where we think the birds originated from as part of a Jurassic Park-like experiment by an early or pre-DHARMA Initiative group.

When we get there it kind of segways into this really cool weird house where Dakota Fanning lives with her mercenary father, who's away on business, and the house is being shown to a group of people by Phil Dunphy from Modern Family.

LOST

Um...did you drop acid just before going to sleep last night?

wow, so reading Planet Man's post reminded me that I had a weird Lost related dream last night too. I had completely forgotten...

I don't remember a lot of it except that after the events of the normal timeline in the finale, someone dropped a hydrogen bomb on the island and the whole thing was vaporized. Except that it really wasn't (i don't know why, it was a dream.) But the people who had bombed it were satisfied and they left. I was on the island with Hurley and Ben - I survived the bombing as well b/c Hurley had chosen to be his replacement and i was now immortal or whatever. But Rose and Bernard died. So after the island was bombed, Hurley was showing me around and introduced me to my wife (Shannon - not sure why she was alive, again it was a dream...and come to think of it, i'm not sure why my dream wife was Shannon...I would have thought Claire or Kate). We were already married and had 8 kids - they were all sitting around the dinner table waiting for me. Shannon and I started making out and I wondered what happened to Sayid. Then I woke up.

weird.

:lol:

To date, there seems to be no correlation between how elaborate and crazy my dreams are and any illicit substances from the evening beforehand. This one, and I think everything I've posted in the Weird Dreams thread, were done completely straight.

You are truly blessed, then. ;)

wow, so reading Planet Man's post reminded me that I had a weird Lost related dream last night too. I had completely forgotten...

I don't remember a lot of it except that after the events of the normal timeline in the finale, someone dropped a hydrogen bomb on the island and the whole thing was vaporized. Except that it really wasn't (i don't know why, it was a dream.) But the people who had bombed it were satisfied and they left. I was on the island with Hurley and Ben - I survived the bombing as well b/c Hurley had chosen to be his replacement and i was now immortal or whatever. But Rose and Bernard died. So after the island was bombed, Hurley was showing me around and introduced me to my wife (Shannon - not sure why she was alive, again it was a dream...and come to think of it, i'm not sure why my dream wife was Shannon...I would have thought Claire or Kate). We were already married and had 8 kids - they were all sitting around the dinner table waiting for me. Shannon and I started making out and I wondered what happened to Sayid. Then I woke up.

weird.

I like that while making out with Shannon, you were thinking about some other dude she used to hook up with.

I've never been to Milwaukee.

A perfect reason to go, then. Its where cheese goes to die.

I lived there for a year as a kid (in the mid 80's), and honestly can remember very little about it. Most notable, I once found a meteorite in a creek in the woods--or what I thought was a meteorite...it might've been petrified horse manure, but come on, I was 5.

Wait, what about Milwaukee? We talkin bout my home-town now?

I'm sorry.

Latest posts

Back