Lost *spoilers*

Goodwill said:
Well, throughout the episode I thought that Sawyer was going to bite it until Jack came up with the glasses. I knew that a significant character was going to die, however, I didn't have any guesses until funny stuff started happening. Boone's accident was expected the minute the plane started moving and, when it did fall, I pegged him as the one who would bite it. I don't think it will be anyone else. I remember Aeroth telling me that they are going to kill a male member of the cast off to introduce another character by the end of the season. We'll see what happens.
Totally agree with you there.

Well, now that this has happened, I sort of want Boone to live and have someone else die. I wouldn't mind so much if that Hurley died. His flashback just added more insignificant stuff to the plot and we don't necessarily need that at this point.

Also, does anyone know anything about this show having a second season?

this show has some of the best ratings. Abc has picked it up for Season 2. The only bad thing is that JJ (the creator of lost) says that the cliffhanger is going to be so jawdropping, shocking, and well, big that it'll be the "Who shot J.R." of lost and will be the "talk of the summer".

Well, with all of the cliffhangers we've had on this show, ol' JJ better be right. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, however, all it's been doing is adding to the curiosity rather than take it away. I believe there should be compromise.

How long did Gulligan's Island last? I can't imagine this show lasting very long if they are going to be on this island forever...

Well, for a while a lot of folks thought it might be Jack that would die. His character was killed in the first episode origianlly but was kept on.

Hurley's episode was ignsignificant? WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! Wait a minute son and take a step back. His was the most important episode up to that point - it gave us our first real clue as to why those people are there. The numbers!!! Now when you go back and watch an older episode you look for those damn numbers!!! lol.

As far as the series dragging on like Gilligan meets the Twilight Zone I think that the premise can last. There is so much they can do on that island that can keep us interested.

I hope Boone dies cos he f'd his sister and I didn't. :lol:

PEACE!

Leather.

First of all, I don't believe I said that his episode was insignificant, I said that his flashbacks added more and more stuff to what we THINK is the reason why they are there. Remember, as Charlie pointed out Hurley can't be responsible for the drug habit he picked up and, as the lady in his flash back said, you can't hold a few numbers responsible for your misfortune. Maybe there is a significance to the numbers on the island, but I can't see them being anymore than what they already are. These numbers, among all of the stuff that we've seen, is just confusing rather than helping us find out what's up.

I did. It was pretty good. I really thought Claire was going to die and Boone would live. Huh. I love how they sort of upgraded the role of the Asian woman (I forgot her name. Can any one remind me?). So is Jack still married? Did he get a divorce? Did his wife die? So many questions. And that last scene: dramatic.

He was really badly injured in the accident, and he needed a blood transfusion. Jack gave him some of his blood, and it worked but blood began to go to his leg (which was badly injured). The only way to save him would be to cut off his leg and Jack almost does it, but Boone tells him to let go, and Jack lets Boone die.

Ultimate Gambit said:
now which one was Boone again I haven't seen the show in awhile

Boones the guy with the sister. I seriously cant think of any other important characteristics he has.

This seemed to be the pinnacle episode in the series. Not only do we lose a character who has been rounded out by having his own flash back episode and stuff, but it seems that things have come to a head with a lot of things on the island, the people in the plane crash especially. Right at the end of the episode, Jack vows to find John Locke, who he is holding responsible for what happened to Boone, which is really quite something and it would seem that he's making more enemies before the season ends. The previews showed him getting beaten around by Jack and then shot by who looks like Sayid! This is madness, I tell you! The show keeps getting better and better.

Yeah, In the new Entertainment Weekly, Damon Lindelof (cocreator) tells what unresolved mysteries will be explained in the final four episodes of this season (Who smacked Sayid on the head way back in Episode 5, Why Sawyer was at that police station in Boone and Shannon's falshback, more on the lotto numbers) and what will be resolved in season 2 (who WERE those skeletons in the caves and why did they have those black and white stones in their pouch?).

It's always good to know they're not forgetting these things (achem- twin peaks, X-files- achem)

Nope. :(

Next week will be a one hour special about the island and the "6 main characters", and then it's all new episodes until the 2 hour finale may 25th.

That doesn't seem too bad to me. At least we're getting all of the new stuff at once, you know? I wouldn't want it drawn out... It's already taxing to wait a week for the next episode. God, this show is so addicting!

Anyway, all of the things that the co-creator said he was going to explain makes sense. In fact, I think these are the things that struck me as the oddest parts left undone. I'm glad they're going back to them and getting them tied up and, hopefully, introducing more to it.

Hello everyone! For those of you who missed the "recap" episode last night, you did actually miss the interpretation the show's creators had of the characters and circumstances on the island... What was interesting was that most of their views differed from mine. They really DO seem to have a main focus in this and that's the LOSS and GAIN of faith, which is seen through Jack (The "Lost" one) and Locke (Who has been the one most successful on the island... He was paralyzed and can now walked for goodness' sake!). We'll have to see where this ends up in the final four episodes...

Also, is the finale included in those four episodes?

Latest posts

Back