Lost Timeline/Chronology

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Here's an updated version of the timeline, episodes in bold, novels in italics (APC = After Plane Crash):

Pilot, Part I 1-2 Days APC / Lost - Endangered Species 1-2 Days APC
Pilot, Part II 2 Days APC
Tabula Rasa 2-4 Days APC / Lost - Secret Identity 1-3 Days APC
Walkabout 5 Days APC
White Rabbit 6 Days APC
House of the Rising Sun 7 Days APC
The Moth 8 Days APC
Confidence Man 9-10 Days APC
Solitary 13-14 Days APC / Lost - Signs of Life 13-38 Days APC
Raised by Another 16-17 Days APC
All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues 17 Days APC
Whatever the Case May Be 22-23 Days APC
Hearts and Minds 24 Days APC
Special 25-26 Days APC
Homecoming 26-27 Days APC
Outlaws 27-29 Days APC
...In Translation 30-32 Days APC
Numbers 34-35 Days APC
Deus Ex Machina 39-41 Days APC
Do No Harm 41-42 Days APC
The Greater Good 42 Days APC
Born to Run 43 Days APC
Exodus, Part I 44 Days APC
Exodus, Part II 44-45 Days APC

Man of Science, Man of Faith 45 Days APC
Adrift 45 Days APC
Orientation 45 Days APC
Everybody Hates Hugo 46 Days APC
...And Found 47 Days APC
Abandoned 47-48 Days APC
The Other 48 Days 1-48 Days APC
Collision 48 Days APC
What Kate Did 49 Days APC
The 23rd Psalm 49 Days APC
The Hunting Party 50-51 Days APC
Fire + Water 51-53 Days APC
The Long Con 54 Days APC
One of Them 55 Days APC
Maternity Leave 55-56 Days APC
The Whole Truth 57-58 Days APC
Lockdown 58 Days APC
Dave 59 Days APC
S.O.S. 60 Days APC
Two for the Road 61-62 Days APC
? 62-63 Days APC
Three Minutes 50-63 Days APC
Live Together, Die Alone 63-65 Days APC

A Tale of Two Cities 65 Days APC

Last edited:
updated the timeline, and in a way got confirmation of its accuracy with the revelation of Season 2's seventh episode being titled "The Other 48 Days". With "...And Found" taking place on Day 46, and assuming "Abandoned" takes place on Day 47, it works out perfectly for "The Other 48 Days" to in fact take place on Day 48.

updated the timeline with last night's episode and the first novel's placement. I also tentatively placed the second novel, as reports I've read and the first novel itself confirm that the novel series, at least for the first several novels, will be adapting the first season from the point of view of character's we never meet. For instance, the first follows Faith Harrington and picks up immediately after the crash, and basically covers her first few days on the island while she comes across the more familiar characters from the show and experiences the major events from the show (the plane engine exploding, the "monster" in the trees, etc). It also serves up her backstory, much as the episodes do, and shows that she was a studying ecologist who went to Australia to unknowingly take part in the murder of a former colleague of hers.

The novel itself is pretty weak, offering up nothing in its writing style or ideas. It reads very much like a bad young adult novel, and I really didn't like it at all. Hopefully the second one will be better, though I honestly doubt it. The most interesting aspect of the book was when Faith would come into contact with characters from the show, and trying to figure out how it all fits in chronologically. Other than that I cant recommend it at all.

Anyway, enjoy the timeline.

updated the timeline

Please note that although "The Other 48 Days" takes place from the first day to the 48th from the Tailies' perspective, I'm only using the "present time" for the timeline, so therefore I listed it as the 48th day. Much in the same way I don't include dates for the flashbacks (as it would make the timeline extremely complex and would require a lot of guessing instead of using concrete facts from the show itself).

Well, found out some new episode titles, and the name of the third novel in the book series. Also found out there are plans for at least two more books (#4 and #5) between now and June, 2006. The second one just recently came out, I believe, hopefully its better than the first (which just sucked all around).

I have the LOST DVD boxset, and the first season has 25 episodes. Exodus actually has three parts.

ProjectX2 said:
I have the LOST DVD boxset, and the first season has 25 episodes. Exodus actually has three parts.

Thats what I thought, but every episode guide I've found online only has Exodus as two parts. I've changed it to reflect the correction.

Also, updated to include the second Lost novel by Cathy Hapka. This one was a bit better than the first, but still no good. Instead of picking up later on into the first season, like the first book "Secret Identity" picks up immediately after the plane crash and follows a guy named Dexter. This one at least had some mystery about it, so it fit the tone of the series better than the first. Still nothing good.

EDIT: Even just checked the official sites episode guide and it only has Exodus as two parts, for a total of 24 episodes for season 1. You sure about Exodus being three parts Proj?

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
Thats what I thought, but every episode guide I've found online only has Exodus as two parts. I've changed it to reflect the correction.

Also, updated to include the second Lost novel by Cathy Hapka. This one was a bit better than the first, but still no good. Instead of picking up later on into the first season, like the first book "Secret Identity" picks up immediately after the plane crash and follows a guy named Dexter. This one at least had some mystery about it, so it fit the tone of the series better than the first. Still nothing good.

EDIT: Even just checked the official sites episode guide and it only has Exodus as two parts, for a total of 24 episodes for season 1. You sure about Exodus being three parts Proj?

Well, the set comes with 7 discs. First 6 discs have 4 episodes on them. Last disc has 1 episode. Add that together, and you get 25.

DIrishB said:

First season had 25 parts but the two last ones was aired together as one episode in US and is only counted as one by guides. In other countries where Lost is aired Exodus was three episodes.

Ultimate Warrior said:
First season had 25 parts but the two last ones was aired together as one episode in US and is only counted as one by guides. In other countries where Lost is aired Exodus was three episodes.

It aired in two parts here as well, but the DVD's say it's 3 parts.

ProjectX2 said:
It aired in two parts here as well, but the DVD's say it's 3 parts.
OK, then not all countries aired it in three ~one-hour episode (like it consist on the DVD) but as one ~one-hour episode and one longer ~two-hour season final episode (merging episode 24 and 25) like in US.

Last edited:
Ultimate Warrior said:

Ah, ok. Well, I'm going to go by the guide on the official site, and it has Exodus as 2 parts, for a total of 24 episodes.

Still some confusion about what the actual name of the episode for the thirteenth episode is (2x13), the one airing on Feb. 5, at least over here in the states...various sites have it listed as both "Admissions" and "The Long Con", so thats still up in the air I guess. Anyway, still trying to track down a copy of this week's episode ("The Hunting Party", 2x11) to update the timeline.

EDIT: Most sites now have it as "The Long Con" (2x13), so that seems to be the name.

Last edited:
DIrishB said:

Where did you hear that there would be more than 3 books, and also where did you find out their (3 and on) place in the timeline. Thanks. :D

I'm in the middle of the second one, and it's a little bit better than one (I agree it sucked), but hopefully #3 will be an improvement since it will be a new writer.

ultimatedjf said:
Where did you hear that there would be more than 3 books, and also where did you find out their (3 and on) place in the timeline. Thanks. :D

I'm in the middle of the second one, and it's a little bit better than one (I agree it sucked), but hopefully #3 will be an improvement since it will be a new writer.

Check out Amazon.com, thats where I found out about them. Book #3 will be called Lost - Signs of Life. I forgot the name of the author, but I know its not Cathy Hapka, who wrote the first two novels, so I too am hoping the new author improves the stories overall. We'll see in March, when the third one comes out. Also, a fourth and fith book are listed on Amazon as well, but no cover or title info other than Lost (Novelization #4) which is scheduled for release in May, and Lost (Novelization #5) which is scheduled for July. So apparently a new one is released every two months, as the first came out in November and the second in January.

As for their placement on the timeline, its easy. I've only read the first two books, so their placements are the only firm ones (Novel #3 I have listed at the bottom until I get to read it and place it firmly). Both the first two novels open on the first day immediately after the plane crash. And they both only last a couple days. Therefore, they run parallel to the first half of the Pilot episode, which occurs over the first two days on the island. There are even a couple events (like the beast making noises in the woods and shaking the trees their first night there), and characters from the show being portrayed in the novel and referencing things they were doing in that episode.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back