M. Night Shyamalan film discussion

How? I never believe anybody when they say this, because there's no actual evidence of it until you see the end. If it's a guess, it's a total left field guess.

Did she know there was "a twist", though?

Well, with all the hype around the twist, there was no way she hadn't heard about there being one. And by the time we got around to seeing it, "I see dead people" had already become a famous enough line. So, Bruce Willis gets shot at the end of the first scene, and my mom turns to us (me and my dad) and says, "So... don't you think he's, like, dead now?"

I mean, that is usually what happens when you get shot.

Is there no love for that Rosie O'Donnel angel movie, or whatever?

The only thing I ever knew about that movie is that EW gave it an F.

And speaking of M. Night flicks that not many people know he did, Shyamalan also wrote the screenplay for Stuart Little. Yes, that Stuart Little.

Edit: Sorry for Double-posting.

Last edited:
Compound and I have concluded that any trashy pop culture property becomes 'worth seeing for sheer novelty value alone' simply by attaching M. Night Shyamalan's name to it.

M. Night Shyamalan's The Gremlins.

M. Night Shyamalan's Short Circuit.

M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Starfighter.

I would watch all those films. And I don't even LIKE M. Night Shyamalan.

So I finally watched Unbreakable today and it was quite good. I already knew the twist, but it was still quite effective. I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel or two since it was supposed to be a trilogy.

I'm going to rent his other movies just to say I've seen them and/or complain about them now.

Compound and I have concluded that any trashy pop culture property becomes 'worth seeing for sheer novelty value alone' simply by attaching M. Night Shyamalan's name to it.

I would watch all those films. And I don't even LIKE M. Night Shyamalan.

Holy ****! You're right!

ProjectX2 said:
So I finally watched Unbreakable today and it was quite good. I already knew the twist, but it was still quite effective. I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel or two since it was supposed to be a trilogy.

I'm going to rent his other movies just to say I've seen them and/or complain about them now.

Eh.... I've never been able to make it all the way through Unbreakable. I fell asleep when I saw it in the theater. And the whole basis of the movie just seemed completely improbable to me.

Last edited:
I really think M Night should direct an episode of Lost or Heroes, the shows are made for his style and I would like to see what he does with it

"Don't feed him after midnight-OMG you fed him after midnight!"

MNightShalalalolaylamon.jpg

"Johnny 5 is alive!"

"I haven't actually seen this one!"

Unbreakable is by far, M. Night Shamalamahimalayaman's best movie.

I really think M Night should direct an episode of Lost or Heroes, the shows are made for his style and I would like to see what he does with it

Let him **** with Heroes, fine, but never Lost. He doesn't know how to write the right kind of dialogue or emotions for his films. The Happening, for instance, was painfully stupid, I thought because he tried to right in a strain on Mark Wahlberg and his wife's relationship. Stupid. Also, I've seen throughout his films that his dialogue is retarded (The Village, I rest my case).

I can't pick a favourite Shyamalan movie. Signs, probably, as it's the one I'm closest too and have re-watched and examined the most. Sixth Sense is his best film, though, and Unbreakable is only the weakest of the three in that it frustrates me because I WANT MOAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!!!!. Get on that sequel, while they'll still let you!

Let him **** with Heroes, fine, but never Lost. He doesn't know how to write the right kind of dialogue or emotions for his films. The Happening, for instance, was painfully stupid, I thought because he tried to right in a strain on Mark Wahlberg and his wife's relationship. Stupid. Also, I've seen throughout his films that his dialogue is retarded (The Village, I rest my case).

I did not say write, I said direct. His directing style is perfect for the show

Maybe M. Night Shyamalan is like the Down Syndrome love child of Grant Morrison and Deepak Chopra.

Maybe M. Night Shyamalan is like the Down Syndrome love child of Grant Morrison and Deepak Chopra.
I have the sex tape, if anyone's interested. You'll need 3D glasses to watch it properly, though.

Yeah, I'm on a wait and see policy with this. Though I am excited to see M. Night take on a story that he didn't create. I've been waiting for him to do that for a while

Latest posts

Back