Make Your Ultimate Universe

interpol

In here write ways to improve the UU. You can make you own Ultimate titles, and choose which ever writer/artist will do the best job. Also, write the first idea for an arc if you want to.

Ultimate Spider-Man
Writer: Bendis
Artist: Immonen
These guys are doing great right now, I wouldn't change a good thing.

Ultimate X-Men
Writer: Whedon
Artist: Bachalo
Arc: Another goverment centered arc where new mutants are introduced like the New Mutants arc. Maybe going more into the legacy virus.
Whedon is no doubt AWESOME with young characters. Him doing UXM could really revive readers back to the universe.

Ultimate Fantastic Four
Writer: Ellis
Artist: Ferry
Arc: Seriously lets bring back Doom and the goat legs.
Ferry's work in UFF and UIM is very beautiful and a team up with Ellis would also revive the book to even greater heights. People say this book hit it's peak at Millar but really Ellis's Doom and N-Zone are by far my favorite story arcs.

The Ultimates
Writer: Vaughn (thats right BKV)
Artist: Coipel
Arc: Ultron - Millar set that up with ALOT of potential and it's been real wasteful with what Loeb is doing. Especially since he clearly did not read into the UU.

Ultimate Marvel Knights
Writer: Various (starting with bendis)
Artist: Maleev
Arc: Featuring Dardevil
I got this idea awhile ago, about writers doing a arc each (although bendis can go as far as he likes. This can just be about whats going on in the background of the Ultimate Universe. Who is Daredevil really? How did Iron fist recieve his powers? Whats going on with the Defenders? All this can be answered in this series.

If you don't mind me using your format....

Ultimate Spider-Man
Writer: JMS
Artist: Stu Immonen
Arc: The Other reimaged

I don't remember what his initials stand for. But for being different in ASM, i think alot of his ideas would have worked in this title and not be retconned because really, he was just creating a new spider-man. Immonen is doing good from what i hear from you guys so I wouldn't knock him...yet.

Ultimate X-Men
Writer: Grant Morrison
Artist: Bryan Hitch
Arc: Cassandra Nova

I think Morrison could bring the originality and innovative genius he had in new x-men. Hitch would only serve to compliment the tone and seriousness of the title and Nova would be the perfect first villain for the creative duo. She goes to great lengths to be menacing and I think morrison writes those kinds of stories well.

Ultimate Fantastic Four
Writer: Warren Ellis
Artist: JG Jones
Arc: Infinity Gems (being manufactured by Doom using science and magic)

Goat Legs.

The Ultimates
Writer: Mark Millar
Artist: Alex Ross
Arc: Follow up to Ultimates 2 #12 aftermath

Yeah, after Loeb's travesty, we need Millar back and Ross to bring a new flavor to the title. Still as top notch as hitch and i don't think there would be any complaints.

Ultimate Marvel Knights
Writer: Garth Ennis
Artist: Darick Robertson
Arc: Ultimate Knights vs Punisher with a Kingpin backstory

Yeah, we see out of world adventures in F4, a different social racism in UXM, Gov't craziness in Ultimates and teens supers oy veying everywhere in USM. So where are all the gritty, hard *** street heroes battling drug dealers, street guerillas, and the mafia kingpins? Only this creative team could bring it to you, albeit maybe under the MAX imprint but who's to say it couldn't still be embedded in the UU?

Ultimate Spider-Man
Writer: Gail Simone
Artist: Immonen
It fits.

Ultimate X-Men
Writer: Geoff Johns
Artist: Mark Bagley
Arc: Bam. Let Johns retool the X-Men the same way he retooled Green Lantern. He'll have plenty of tool at his exposal.

Ultimate Fantastic Four
Writer: Grant Morrison
Artist: J.H. Williams, III
Arc: Dunno. It would be a Morrison story, so it would dip and weave around pretty much everywhere, but it would probably deal with Atlantis, Namor, the Inhumans, and all sorts of crazy space quantum theory, and would climax in the return of Doom.

Honestly, this is just the perfect fit for me. I believe Morrison actually conceptualized UFF originally, and this seems like a perfect channel for him.

The Ultimates
Artist: Dale Eaglesham
Arc: Ellis is an obvious fit here, especially for territory that's going to have to turn the Mandarin's 10 rings into a genuinely interesting kind of technology. It would also give him the chance to use Fin Fang Foom as a serious, rampaging threat. I find Eaglesham to have a very clean style that would go well with the book.

Ultimate Strange Tales
A double-feature monthly (or maybe bi-monthly). The front story would be a Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. story that would follow S.H.I.E.L.D. post-Ultimates, involved in all sorts of crazy espionage, written by Warren Ellis. The back-up would be Dr. Strange with Grant Morrison. Both would be drawn by Williams. It would be crazy, giddy psychedelica, and I would love it.

Last edited:
Ultimate X-Men
Writer: Whedon
Whedon is no doubt AWESOME with young characters. Him doing UXM could really revive readers back to the universe.

After he made me not care about Runaways, I'd be weary of his take on UXM. BKV would be a much better choice especially since I think his take on UXM was the most compelling since Millar left it.

Last edited:
Iiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting... I'm doing this like dreamcasting; I can't pick artists or writers who have ever worked on the title.

*thinks for about twenty minutes*

Okay. I was all set to do this until I realised my "ultimate universe" already exists:

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN just became SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE combined with Slott's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN.

ULTIMATE X-MEN became ASTONISHING X-MEN.

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR became TOM STRONG.

THE ULTIMATES became EARTH X.

:sure:

Ultimate Venom
Artist and writer = Todd McFarlane.
Why? Todd McFarlane Made the original Venom great and has done some great stuff so I would really like to see him do this.

I no longer care about the UU enough to do this properly.

But for the sake of participation.....

Ultimate Spider-Man
Writer: Brian K. Vaughan
Artist: Stuart Immonen

Their run on UXM was phenomenal. And while it seems Bendis is back on track with USM, he's been doing it for a while and it's time to get some new blood. I'd love for BKV to come aboard and give us some of that good ol fashion Runaways awesomeness. Immonen, on the other hand has been great and there's no reason to change now. His style fits the book perfectly.

Ultimate X-Men
Writer: Matt Fraction w/ Dan Slott
Artist: Oliver Coipel

Matt Fraction has a great grasp on who characters are and how they should act. What gets lost in the translation is that his story pacing is slow. Slott on the other hand has a great storytelling pace, but his characters seems a bit shallow and just brief characterizations. I think the co-writing formula Fraction uses for Iron Fist would be really beneficial here. Coipel's art is so action packed and so expressive that the big-scale, monumental battles the X-Men are always involved in would be great.

Ultimate Fantastic Four
Artist: Pasqual Ferry

Goat legs. I think everyone can agree that Ellis' run was probably the best run on the book. Millar's was great...but Ellis' run just seemed to work better. Combined w/ Ferry's beautiful art.....and this would be a book worth buying again.

The Ultimates
Writer: Ed Brubaker
Artist: Carey Nord

Brubaker followed Ellis and Millar The Authority. It only makes sense that Brubaker would take up the biggest action team book the UU has to offer. Nord's work on Ultimate Human has been nothing short of perfect. I think that if you seriously think about this combo I've presented.....you'll agree that I am 167% correct.

Ultimate S.H.I.E.L.D
Writer: Greg Rucka
Artist: Salvador Larocca

A book totally devoted to the shadowy ops of S.H.I.E.L.D missions. Strategic planning and world politics handled by Fury....and global secret ops led by Carol Danvers. It's like Checkmate....only with character who really matter. Oh who am I kidding?!?!? You guy don't read Checkmate so this awesomeness is lost on you.

Last edited:
Ultimate S.H.I.E.L.D
Writer: Greg Rucka
Artist: Salvador Larocca

A book totally devoted to the shadowy ops of S.H.I.E.L.D missions. Strategic planning and world politics handled by Fury....and global secret ops led by Carol Danvers. It's like Checkmate....only with character who really matter. Oh who am I kidding?!?!? You guy don't read Checkmate so this awesomeness is lost on you.

Dude, the awesomeness is not lost. I was gonna suggest Rucka writing a S.H.I.E.L.D. book but instead switched the author over to Ellis, because I figured he could pull off that Ditko style better.

But Rucka on a Nick Fury book would be wicked awesome.

I don't see why not. It's "Make Your Own Ultimate Universe". Nothing about Marvel. Loophole for the win! :D

I don't see why not. It's "Make Your Own Ultimate Universe". Nothing about Marvel. Loophole for the win! :D

Okay. Here's my Ultimate Universe.

Me.

Her
Christina-Ricci-7.JPG

Flying Cars
jetsons.jpg

Ice Cream Sundaes
sundae.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back