Man-Thing/N-Zone

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Ok, So since I'm sittin' here watching the movie, I naturally went over the times I've encountered Man-Thing throughout the Ultimate Universe. So then I thought "Hey Tom, do you think Man-Thing will appear in Millar's run?" So then I started making this thread and then another thought came to mind. "Hey Tom, The N-Zone is dying. What's going to happen to Man-Thing?" Speculate on that for a bit. I'm headin' out see ya later kids.

I'd be more interested in speculating why a) you talk to yourself and b) when you do why you refer to yourself by name. :D

Seriously though that's an interesting thought. Especially considering the appearance of Man-Thing (or a Man-Thing) when the 4 received their powers phase-shifting through the N-Zone.

UltimateE said:
I'd be more interested in speculating why a) you talk to yourself and b) when you do why you refer to yourself by name. :D

Seriously though that's an interesting thought. Especially considering the appearance of Man-Thing (or a Man-Thing) when the 4 received their powers phase-shifting through the N-Zone.
I think he's trying to be Bruce Wayne from Batman Beyond, except in Bruce's head, he never calls himself Bruce. PSYCHO~!

The N-Zone may be "dying" but it won't be happening for half a million years, as Ellis has established. Which means N-Zone creature and villains will remain viable for very long.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Cmon' guys seriously. Obviously Ellis wanted Man-Thing associated with the N-Zone. So do you think someone else will pick up on it?
Um, I was saying that YES, Man-Thing CAN come from the N-Zone.

TheManWithoutFear said:
That was a drunk post I made... sorry. Hmm Do you think he'll show up somewhere in Millar's run? Or is Millar staying away from the N-Zone? I thought the N-Zone was dying sooner than a million years.

I think they said half a million, to a million years

TheManWithoutFear said:
Cmon' guys seriously. Obviously Ellis wanted Man-Thing associated with the N-Zone. So do you think someone else will pick up on it?

Maybe it was the artist, though. Ellis simply told him to design a phase for the plant element, playing off of that, and Stuart not wanting to flex his muscles creatively, just uses something that could do the trick fine. Just a thought... Just saying it may not entirely be Ellis on this one.

TheManWithoutFear said:
That was a drunk post I made... sorry.
I've tried to not make an issue of this, but this is just getting damn annoying. Stop posting drunk. SERIOUSLY. It's getting pretty stupid and would be tolerable if you tried not to use it as your catch-all excuse for every stupidly boneheaded thing you say.

I understand that being drunk on this board is not a taboo, but you've just about worn my patience. Being drunk on this board can be funny, but instead of keeping your drunkenness in places where it's actually entertaining, like say, random lounge threads, wish corruptions or the drunk thread, you run around trying to argue and discuss like an absolutely moronic numbnuts.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Wow that completely kills the arc for me. I thought there was a sense of urgency... now there's not. Probably good for Ultimate Annihilus fans as he could be coming back though. Still waiting on Man-Thing.
Well, first of all, if the N-Zone died so soon it'd kill the possibility of extra-dimensional characters until editorial decides to come up with a new parallel dimension.

And second, I don't think the arc is "killed" just because Nihil's homeplace is NOT in dire peril. If anything, it's a suitable compromise: Nihil knows he won't be able to live out his natural years, but it means the N-Zone is here to stay. Also, it means that Nihil will have reasonable incentive to keep breaching the dimensional barrier or launching invasions.

Last edited:
OurChair said:
Well, first of all, if the N-Zone died so soon it'd kill the possibility of extra-dimensional characters until editorial decides to come up with a new parallel dimension.

And second, I don't think the arc is "killed" just because Nihil's homeplace is NOT in dire peril. If anything, it's a suitable compromise: Nihil knows he won't be able to live out his natural years, but it means the N-Zone is here to stay. Also, it means that Nihil will have reasonable incentive to keep breaching the dimensional barrier or launching invasions.

I wasn't 100% serious. Again, I say I just thought there was an urgency to the arc and to the whole "N-Zone" concept. They could've really done something with that story if the N-Zone was dying sooner than much much later.

ourchair said:
I've tried to not make an issue of this, but this is just getting damn annoying. Stop posting drunk. SERIOUSLY. It's getting pretty stupid and would be tolerable if you tried not to use it as your catch-all excuse for every stupidly boneheaded thing you say.

I understand that being drunk on this board is not a taboo, but you've just about worn my patience. Being drunk on this board can be funny, but instead of keeping your drunkenness in places where it's actually entertaining, like say, random lounge threads, wish corruptions or the drunk thread, you run around trying to argue and discuss like an absolutely moronic numbnuts.
*goes to Nineveh, grabs a fish, and slaps ourchair with it* See, I was a moronic numbnut, and I didn't even have to get drunk to do it. :twisted:

We are the pirates who don't do anything... we just stay at home, and lie around... and if you ask us to do anything... we'll just tell you... WE DON'T DO ANYTHING!

jtg3885 said:
*goes to Nineveh, grabs a fish, and slaps ourchair with it* See, I was a moronic numbnut, and I didn't even have to get drunk to do it. :twisted:

We are the pirates who don't do anything... we just stay at home, and lie around... and if you ask us to do anything... we'll just tell you... WE DON'T DO ANYTHING!
This is why you should post in the Wish Corruption thread. :D

TheManWithoutFear said:
Is there a board for Elllis somewhere? With a Q&A so someone could ask him if he had plans for Man-Thing.
AFAIK, Ellis used to have a message board but got tired of message boards and took it down. He deals with fans mostly through his blog and mailing lists now.

jtg3885 said:
Are you a fan of Andrew Boyd & Ryan Yount's Scurvy Dogs, by any chance? If not, you really ought to be! :p

Latest posts

Back