March Madness '06: The Ultimate Battle

Ice said:
But it's ULTIMATE Hawkeye that's in the match...

yeah, and he's still fighting Captain America. Put Hawkeye out in front of a speeding train with his hand out to stop it, and it doesn't much matter which specific hawkeye you're talking about.
Ultimate Hawkeye is awesome. I've loved him since he blew up colossus in Ultimate War. But. (at the risk of overstatement) it's. Captain. America.

plungingforward said:
yeah, and he's still fighting Captain America. Put Hawkeye out in front of a speeding train with his hand out to stop it, and it doesn't much matter which specific hawkeye you're talking about.
Ultimate Hawkeye is awesome. I've loved him since he blew up colossus in Ultimate War. But. (at the risk of overstatement) it's. Captain. America.
And its. ULTIMATE. HAWYEKE. Not 616. Ultimate Hawkeye's skills are so freaking elite, its crazy. The train has nothing to do with who they are. Ult. Hawkeye can whip 616 Cap's ***.

Gotham Bracket - Second Round
Batman
Daredevil
Green Lantern
Ultimate Hawkeye

Manhattan Bracket - Second Round
Spider-Man
Thing
Bizarro
Wolverine

Metropolis Bracket - Second Round
Scarlet Witch (Superman sucks so much)
The Flash
Juggernaut
Hulk

Genosha Bracket - Second Round
Magneto
Ultimate Thor
Iron Man
Supergirl

So, setting aside the Hawkeye/Cap tussle, if the Hulk does beat Emma Frost, does that mean the Scarlet Witch goes all the way? (somebody said spawn has unlimited powers. I've never read Spawn.)

Ice said:
And its. ULTIMATE. HAWYEKE. Not 616. Ultimate Hawkeye's skills are so freaking elite, its crazy. The train has nothing to do with who they are. Ult. Hawkeye can whip 616 Cap's ***.

Go read Captain America.

And everyone's one doing this on who would win in a fight. I did it on who I like better. :D

Ice said:
Yeah, because that will change my mind without a doubt.

I stand by what I said.

Probably. You can't really judge two things when you don't know much about one.

Don't ban me but I gotta side with Plunging.

Ultimate Hawkeye is pure badassness. But it's Capt-Freakin'-America. 616 or Ultimate.....there's no stopping the red, white and blue.

Gotham

Black Panther - A Black Panther put down Captain America in the 40s. Now they've got better tech.
Green Lantern - Bubble into space.
Captain America - Hello? Super soldier? While Ultimate Hawkeye is a house, Cap is ever moreso.

Manhatten

Spider-Man - I love Nightwing but Spider-Man wins the fight
The Thing - Just cause it would hurt more to punch him.
Bizzaro - He wouldn't know when to stop.
Deathstroke - Intresting fact. Deathstroke actualy can not die. He just wakes up a few days later without knowing what happened. Then someone tells him and he takes revenge. He wins the long game.

Metropolis - Eyebeams. From space. Bounced off a giant morror. Into her brain.
The Flash - Anyone remember the Morrison JLA issue where he explained how The Flash could hit someone hard enough to achieve escape velocity?
Wonder Woman - I've never been a wonder woman fan, but damn she can fight if she has to.
Emma Frost - She just turns off his brain.

Genosha

Alexander Luthor - Anyone who picks Magneto doesn't relise that Alex is made up partialy of Anti-Matter. Yeah, you know, the stuff that causes particles or regular matter to negate itself when it comes into contact with it?
Ares - I always like Greek Mythology over Norse.
Earth-2 Superman - Eyebeams man. BLAM!
Superboy Prime - He's got end of the universe in his clothes. she's toast.

Swank Sixteen

Gotham Bracket
Batman vs Lex Luthor - Lex is smarter than Bats...and in that suit he's stronger than bats. It's no contest. It doesn't matter what Bat pulls outta the belt...he's going down.
Green Lantern vs Captain America - It doesn't matter who you are. If Cap can hit you....you're gonna go down. Maybe not by the first punch...but eventually....

Manhattan Bracket
Spiderman Vs Thing - No reason....just siding with Spidey
Spawn vs Wolverine - Hmmmm...to killers...both with healing factors. Oh yeah....that's right. Last I checked---Wolverine did have the powers of HELL to bring to the table.

Metropolis Bracket
Superman Vs Flash - It's flippin' Superman people. Flash is fast....but Superman is too. But Supes has laser eyes. LASER EYES!!!!
Hulk vs Juggernaut - Juggs is powerful......but Hulk just has him outmatched from the jump.

Genosha Bracket
Magneto vs Ultimate Thor - well its confirmed that Thor is a god. Mags can't even put a cripple to rest....what chance does he have against a god???
Earth 2 Superman vs Superboy Prime - The emo will get ya every time.

Grr, no one posted the updated list to remind me.

Anyway...

Batman vs. Lex Luthor - This is pretty tough. The announcer is clearly on Luthor's side, but how many times has Lex actually defeated the Batman? Lex isn't a fighter, if it gets dirty he'll just boom tube out of there.

Green Lantern vs. Captain America - Green Lantern is probably more powerful, but Captain America has handled his fair share of villains. As long as Cap doesn't wear a yellow power suit though, Hal has this in the bag.

Spider-Man vs. Thing - I want to see Peter survive being crushed by 10 tons of rubble caused by the Thing merely pounding his fists at the bottom of a tower.

Spawn vs. Wolverine - If it gets tough, Logan can call on all his clones to help.

Superman vs. The Flash - This could go either way, depends if Flash is fast enough to take the Kryptonite ring from the Batcave and can hit Superman with it hard enough. And what stops him from vibrating through the man of steel's body?

Juggernaut vs. The Hulk - Juggernaut is powered by some mystical rock. Hulk is powered by gamma energy and pure anger. If Juggernaut gets angry, he doesn't get that much stronger. If Hulk gets angry, bye bye Juggernaut.

Magneto vs. Ultimate Thor - Magneto handed Thor his *** in Ultimate War. And now Thor's powers are supposedly technological... Magneto can do it again.

Earth-2 Superman vs. Superboy Prime - Don't really care, but Superboy Prime is supposedly emo, which means he loses by default.

Swank Sixteen

Gotham Bracket
Batman vs Lex Luthor Batman has beat him lots. I mean lots.
Green Latern vs Captain America (Cap has it. He's the greatest fighter of the marvel universe.)

Manhatten Bracket

Spider-Man vs Thing (Spider-Man's beat big and strong before)
Spawn vs Wolverine (Spawn's powers are limitless. Wolverine can't stand a chance)

Metropolis Bracket
Superman vs Flash (It will be over as soon as he catches Flash)
Juggernaut vs Hulk (Hulk will win when Hulk gets pissed)

Genosha Bracket

Magneto vs Ultimate Thor (Thor will handle it. BBQ his mutant ***)
Earth-2 Superman vs Superboy Prime (Superboy. He's younger and more powerful)

Gotham Bracket
Batman
Green Lantern

Manhattan Bracket
Spiderman
Wolverine

Metropolis Bracket
Flash
Juggernaut

Genosha Bracket
Ultimate Thor
]Superboy Prime

Batman vs. Lex Luthor: Suit or no suit, Batman knows how to put him away.

Green Lantern vs. Captain America: As much as Captain America is a super soldier, I have to go with GL.

Spider-Man vs. Thing: Spidey. The guy has fought against tougher guys and won. Thing? No big.

Spawn vs. Wolverine: As much as I'd like to say Wolverine, I say Spawn can take him on, and destroy his adamantium skeleton, too. All you need is the right amount of heat and boom! Bye-bye Wolverine.

Superman vs. The Flash: I don't know. I'm just picking Flash for the hell of it. :p

Juggernaut vs. The Hulk: Half powered Juggernaut or not, he doesn't get any stronger the more pissed he gets. Hulk, hands down.

Magneto vs. Ultimate Thor: We're still not sure if he is indeed a God, (though I say he is), but Magneto can take him on. If Thor brings the hammer, he can somehow make Thor loose it (it's been done plenty of times in 616) and finish Thor there.

Earth-2 Superman vs. Superboy Prime: Again, don't know. Just picking anyone.

Last edited:
Batman: I'm shocked Luthor made it this far. He's a great villian (though I'm not a "suit" fan), but his comic-book record is like 0-for-<Insert vast number.>

Green Lantern: Although Cap. earned me some bragging rights last round, I'm going to ditch him here.

Spider-Man: What Ice said.

Spawn: Projectile fire.

Superman: We've seen this before.

The Hulk: Over by halftime, as the saying goes.

Magneto: We saw this fight in Ultimate war. It was about ten seconds long.

Superboy Prime: I have no idea, really. This is a pick from thin air.

Last Round: 10-6 (62.5%)
Notes: Picking against Wolverine and Superman might not have been the best of ideas... Can't believe Wanda didn't advance... Must've been DD from the movie.

Excelsior Eight

Gotham
Batman Vs Green Latern

Manhatten
Spider-Man vs Wolverine

Metropolis
Superman vs Hulk

Genosha
Magneto vs Earth-2 Superman

Batman. He always has a plan.

Wolverine. Spidey can handle his own for a while but one wrong move and snikt.

Hulk. Superman will put up a fight. But Hulk will take it and give more.

Earth-2 Superman. Nothing Magneto can do will hurt him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Batman: Cuz he can do it.

Wolverine: Sorry Spidey. This ain't a battle you're going to win.

Hulk: Even when he's angry, you don't want to see him angry. :D

Magneto: Just cuz. :p

Batman vs. Green Latern - Hasn't this happened before?
Spider-Man vs. Wolverine - Spider-Man is vastly overrated in the fighting department.
Superman vs. Hulk - You get the Hulk angry, Superman doesn't stand a chance. That's why the Man of Steel throws Banner into the sun before he even has a chance to fight back.
Magneto vs. Earth-2 Superman - Earth-2's inhabitants are made entirely of magnetic materials. :D

Latest posts

Back