Mark Bagley to draw 1/2 of Ultimate Spider-Man #111

I agree with TwilightEL, I'm not a big fan of two artists on the same issue, it's distracting. The problem is Bendis and Bagley were awesome in the beginning of the title, but now they're both getting tired.

But then maybe darkspider is right, and Bagley will go out on a really good note, which would be great. Still, I just think they should start thinking more about the quality of USM and less about making the record into a huge deal :?

Man I hate records *mumbles about Stargate getting canceled* :x

Normally I agree but if they do something like was done in Alias, where a different artist handled the flashback scenes - that works well.

Normally I agree but if they do something like was done in Alias, where a different artist handled the flashback scenes - that works well.

This issue kicks off Death of the Goblin, so maybe there's flashbacks like in Hobgoblin. And they didn't say the first half will be Bagley and the second by Immonen, so maybe Bagley will handle flashbacks to events that took place when he was drawing it?

Whoa, that actually would be really cool. Maybe this won't be so bad.

This issue kicks off Death of the Goblin, so maybe there's flashbacks like in Hobgoblin. And they didn't say the first half will be Bagley and the second by Immonen, so maybe Bagley will handle flashbacks to events that took place when he was drawing it?

That does sound cool.

I no strong feelings one way or the other about 2 artists on one book i just didn't want crap art.

but after reading theses two if they do it like that , that would kick ***

I bet Bagley was, "Dammit, I was so close...so close...why 1/2 an issue more? Why, God? WHY?!"

He's just rushing to finish (which I still don't blame him that he wants to be done) and it shows a lot.

My thoughts exactly.

That would be awesome! Good thinking, TwilightEL! :D

I personally quite like the idea of Bagley doing the first half of the book with a double page center with spidey in the middle of the spread and each artist doing half the spread. Would be a very cool transition.
It wont happen, and you'll probably all hate me for even thinking it. But I personally think it would be pretty cool.

I hate Bagley. I don't know why, but I can't stand his art. And not just recently, either. I haven't liked him since day one. I was honestly very excited about Immonen coming onto the title (mostly due to my massive man-crush on him) and now...we get more Bagley. Wahoo.

If MJ dies in Death of the Goblin, I bet Immonen will make it look way more awesome than Bagley ever would.

I like this idea and I don't.

One part of me likes the idea because it creates a tradition between artists. I can appreciate that. This was a title that Bagley devoted pretty much 5 years to... Now, we've got Immonen. This makes sense.

Then there is the fact that it is distracting to have two different styles of art in one issue. Also, I like when the artist has one last issue to do remarkably well in and stuff... I'm sure Bendis could come up wtih a script that would allow Bagley to flex his muscles a bit... With Spider-Man swinging and all... I don't know.

I hate Bagley. I don't know why, but I can't stand his art. And not just recently, either. I haven't liked him since day one. I was honestly very excited about Immonen coming onto the title (mostly due to my massive man-crush on him) and now...we get more Bagley. Wahoo.

If MJ dies in Death of the Goblin, I bet Immonen will make it look way more awesome than Bagley ever would.

I can't say I *hate* Bagley, but I certainly don't care for his art, and it certainly has gotten worse the last few issues.

MJ is not going to die. If anything the goblin death will be the goblin in her blood....

...oh my God does this book suck.

I'm gonna side with E here and say that if the art changes happen because of a shift of timeframes like UFF or Alias....then it'll work. I'm pretty sure Bendis will have Bagley doing flashback scenes.

I can't say I *hate* Bagley, but I certainly don't care for his art, and it certainly has gotten worse the last few issues.

MJ is not going to die. If anything the goblin death will be the goblin in her blood....

...oh my God does this book suck.

Have you read the 2 Ultimate Knights issues? The first was solid. But the second issue involves Moon Knight and a chiken wing joke. Also---Stephen Strange is a comedian. I can't decide whether to shred my issues or burn them.

I'm gonna side with E here and say that if the art changes happen because of a shift of timeframes like UFF or Alias....then it'll work. I'm pretty sure Bendis will have Bagley doing flashback scenes.

Have you read the 2 Ultimate Knights issues? The first was solid. But the second issue involves Moon Knight and a chiken wing joke. Also---Stephen Strange is a comedian. I can't decide whether to shred my issues or burn them.
Why don't you shred them and then burn the pieces?

When I had mentioned about the possible "Death of a Goblin" arc and MJGoblin dying, I actually just meant that my guess was just the goblin part dying and MJ still living.

Yep - I commented about it in the #107 thread but if you had already decided never to visit that thread again before I had posted you certainly can't be faulted.

Latest posts

Back