Mark Brooks Talks Ultimate Diablo

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
From Newsarama:

[IMGL]http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/MarkBrooks/Diablocolor_t.jpg[/IMGL]
NRAMA: And you're creating Ultimate Diablo! That had to be pretty cool.

MB: The funny thing is that my handle on message boards back since 1998 has been "Diablo," so when Marvel asked that I create the look for the character, I was ecstatic to say the least! While I like the old design. I never understood why a guy named Diablo would wear green. so I stuck more to reds and blacks while keeping some of the original aesthetics like the mustache.

NRAMA: Well, yeah, you need the mustache.

MB: Wouldn't be Diablo without the mustache! I also made his outfit conform to the 15th century Milan style of dress.

NRAMA: Have you created any other cool new characters for this story?

MB: Just Diablo's man servant, Peppone. I love this little guy! What's a villain without his ever faithful minion to fulfill his every request? Anyone missing the old green costume or pointy collar Diablo used to wear needs only to look toward Peppone.

Huh.

I actually really like the design. I'm starting to wonder if they're going to take the route that he's a villainous DaVinci-esque inventor with him creating thw worlds first time machine (Similar to DaVinci having designs for a helicopter).

Huh.

I actually really like the design. I'm starting to wonder if they're going to take the route that he's a villainous DaVinci-esque inventor with him creating thw worlds first time machine (Similar to DaVinci having designs for a helicopter).

That would be rather interesting, and I'd rather have that than his weird alchemy demon stuff or whatever he did in 616.

This guy looks real cool... Certainly a stretch from what we've seen from other characters that have gotten the ultimate treatment. Hats off, Brooks.

not a bad design. I never liked 616 Diablo so I'm a little iffy on the ultimate version, but we'll see.

Latest posts

Back