Mark Millar/Jim Lee signing at Midtown Comics.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Mark Millar and Jim Lee will be in the Midtown Comics shop in Times Square, in NYC for a signing. Jim Lee will be there first, on the 14th of September. Mark Millar will be there on Saturday the 24th of this month.

For more information, click here.

Its nice and all, but considering I may as well live on the other side of the world (like ourchair or Bass or Fuzzybirds) it doesn't do me a lot of good. But its nice...just let me know if they plan on making any stops in Florida...that might be worth the drive then :)

How many gas station stops would it take to get to New York?

icemastertron said:
Nothing?

No one cares?

Oh well. Im gonna see if I can get my HC signed by Millar, since he's signing "Chosen HC".

Do you have Chosen? Is it any good?

Yeah it's interesting, but I'm nowhere near NYC and won't be when they are there.

He's signing anything now.

Mark Millar said:
Hey,

The guys at Midtown (who are great, btw) have me pegged for their first SATURDAY signing in less than two weeks time. Sorry for the short notice, but we only decided upon a final date last night and the time is going to be Saturday afternoon from 2pm until 5pm.

We're hoping to get some copies of the Chosen trade out early for this signing, but I'll naturally be signing anything you drop in front of me (well, within reason and good taste). So come along. And bring me sweets and beer. Ultimates issue 8, Wolverine 32, Ultimate FF 22 and the Ult FF annual should all be out that week so there should be plenty to quiz me about. Twist my arm and I'll even tell you how wide I was smiling after the Stan Lee Spider-Man intro (which I just read this evening after Stan sent it through).

Naturally, a New York piss-up will happen too, although I still don't know whether this will be before or after the signing. If it's after, we can all head straight from the signing to the pub I'll book especially for the occasion. If it's before, we can all get together at the signing and console each other after ****ing out bodies up the night before. Either way, we'll have a good time with some surprise special guests. And I mean quite a few.

BTW, I should stress that this is a cross-party Millarworld/ Bendis-board/ JQ event and all are welcome to the piss-up too. This ain't just a Millarworld do, though the usual swanky clothes are mandatory for the boys and the girls again. I just can't help having so much class!

So you there,
MM

So Chosen is good? I might get the trade.

You better give Millar beer Ice. Or I'll kill you.

You should go drinking with him too. I betcha all the ******* MW mods will be there.

I thought it was legal to drink beer at any age. Isn't it illegal just to buy beer underage?

ProjectX2 said:
I thought it was legal to drink beer at any age. Isn't it illegal just to buy beer underage?
So drinking underage is okay, but buying is not? That's just weird.

On the other hand, that makes sense as well, since there's nothing that should forbid young uns from drinking beer. It's just a matter of parental responsibility. If they think it's okay for their kids to drink beer, then that's entirely their prerogative. The state's role is only to regulate access, nothing more.

ourchair said:
So drinking underage is okay, but buying is not? That's just weird.

On the other hand, that makes sense as well, since there's nothing that should forbid young uns from drinking beer. It's just a matter of parental responsibility. If they think it's okay for their kids to drink beer, then that's entirely their prerogative. The state's role is only to regulate access, nothing more.

That's how it is here.

TheManWithoutFear said:
You guys got it wrong. 21 means 21. If you're not 21 or older you cannot be served alcohol, purchase alcohol, consume alcohol, you have to be 18 to handle alcohol.

You have to be 18 to purchase alcohol or legally drink at a bar here. If you think you're responsible then you can let underage people drink. It is not illegal. Yet. :shock:

Like in France... At lunch the children drink a glass of wine...

Latest posts

Back