Marvel and SEGA upcoming

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Marvel Entertainment, Inc., SEGA® Europe Ltd and SEGA® of America, Inc. have expanded their relationship to include the rights to develop and distribute games inspired by Marvel's Hall-of-Fame franchises -- Captain America, The Incredible Hulk and ThorIron Man, with both game and film slated to be released in May 2008.

more info here http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5519

sega do make some good games so this will be interesting

more info here http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5519

sega do make some good games so this will be interesting

I'm not so sure about this.....

Sega does not make good games.

We'll have to wait and see but I'm not too excited about this. Besides the last Hulk game was awesome, it sucks that there won't be another one.

What about Ultimate Alliance 2? No Ironman, Hulk, Cap or Thor. Booooooo!

I think the license on the UA games isnt so exclusive which would allow SEGA to make these games as they will be based on the movies. I`m sure i read somewhere that MVL will finance these games out of their Marvel Studios $500 mil debt facility which of course means more money coming back. As a shareholder i couldnt be happier and 07/08 is gonna be one hell of a ride for the longs :D

I'm not so sure about this.....

Sega does not make good games.

We'll have to wait and see but I'm not too excited about this. Besides the last Hulk game was awesome, it sucks that there won't be another one.

What about Ultimate Alliance 2? No Ironman, Hulk, Cap or Thor. Booooooo!

Unless marvel have learned their lesson and put in contracts with sega that characters can appear in other games if it's a game like Ultimate alliance.

Sega does make some great games or have you forgotten -

• Virtua Fighter
  • Crazy Taxi
  • Sonic
  • Phantasy Star
  • SEGA Rally
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • Shinobi
  • Golden Axe
  • Streets of Rage
  • Spider-Man on mega drive/genesis

and much much more

Unless marvel have learned their lesson and put in contracts with sega that characters can appear in other games if it's a game like Ultimate alliance.

• Virtua Fighter
  • Crazy Taxi
  • Sonic
  • Phantasy Star
  • SEGA Rally
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • Shinobi
  • Golden Axe
  • Streets of Rage

and much much more

Sega USED to be a good game company. Recently. . .not so much. Hell, take a look at the new Sonic game on 360 and PS3.

• Virtua Fighter
  • Crazy Taxi
  • Sonic
  • Phantasy Star
  • SEGA Rally
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • Shinobi
  • Golden Axe
  • Streets of Rage

and much much more

some of those games are really old - not to say they're bad, but recently sega drops the ball quite often.

Sega USED to be a good game company. Recently. . .not so much. Hell, take a look at the new Sonic game on 360 and PS3.

Ah but that sonic game is bad example. You could say Nintendo is bad company look at Super Mario Galaxy (not insulting that game but bare with me) It looks nothing like a normal mario game. People have said it looks like a sonic game.

Pokemon Dungeon Blue - People say is crap

but yet nintendo does great games too.

Sega does as well look at Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz on Wii looks great , The new golden Axe that's coming out looks phenomenal.

Sega is more of a publisher so it depends which development team makes the game. Sonic Team has been disappointing since after Sonic adventure 2

• Virtua Fighter
  • Crazy Taxi
  • Sonic
  • Phantasy Star
  • SEGA Rally
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • Shinobi
  • Golden Axe
  • Streets of Rage

and much much more
All of those games were a relatively long time ago.

And you can't be devoted to a company brand because they made great games, as the people who made those games may have moved elsewhere... or the current regime may have changed.

That's as silly as saying you like Fox because they make great movies, and OMG Sony Columbia Tri-Star is totally lame.

And you can't be devoted to a company brand because they made great games, as the people who made those games may have moved elsewhere... or the current regime may have changed.

That's as silly as saying you like Fox because they make great movies, and OMG Sony Columbia Tri-Star is totally lame.

I mentioned new games like the post above this

Reminds me of what happened to Rare.

I like how all those games "from a really long time ago" are, like, five years old.

:lol: yeah some even less than that. I mentioned the names of series not individual games so I wouldn't have to say e.g sonic 1 , 2 , 3 ect.....

Phantasy Star
SEGA Rally
Super Monkey Ball
Virtua Fighter
Crazy Taxi

had cool last gen games but it's like everyone thinks "yeah well what have they done this year" :shock:

even though some other games on list plus some of theses pics have good looking next gen games coming out. But i didn't want to say anything after all NGC , PS2 and Xbox are rom a really long time ago in fact they are antiques now!

I wonder if the museum near me will get one of these relics :lol:

Virtua Fighter 5 for PS3 looks really nice though I have not played it yet.

Sega doesn't have the best track record is all I'm sayin'.

I hope they're great games, I just don't want to get my hopes up too much.

Last edited:
I like how all those games "from a really long time ago" are, like, five years old.
Well, I hate saying things like that, honestly, but given the nature of how technology ages so quickly --- The price of a console gets halved in five years. Computers double in power every eighteen months. --- they are in fact 'old' games, especially to the enthusiast crowd.

Don't get me wrong, I don't approve of this relationship between technological yardstick and artistic progress, but you have to admit that computer game years are like dog years.

Latest posts

Back