Marvel Animated Movies Vs DC Animated Movies.

Re: Marvel Animatied Movies Vs DC Animated Movies.

New Frontier and Gotham Knight were okay. Not great but decent.

I haven't actually seen any of the Marvel films in full but from what I have seen... poor. Very poor.

It's already been said:

Dr.Strange and New Frontier are the only 2 recent DVD releases from either company that are really worth a damn.

While Gotham Knight was entertaining on certain levels, it just didn't satisfy me like I expected it to. Superman: Doomsday was shaping up to be pretty good, but it seemed to fall apart at the end. We'll see about this Wonder Woman DVD tomorrow.

But Marvel does nothing but release bollocks.

Dr Strange was made of epic and awesome, it's one of my all time favorite animated flicks.

New Frontier was awesome too, I can't say anything negative about it.

Wonder Woman.... friggen awesome, tho I was kinda pissy about
Cheetah being relegated to the last minute or so
, the voice acting was wonderful (pardon the pun). I loved Alfred Molina as Ares, and Virginia Madsen as Queen Hippy, tho I was kinda surprised that David McCallum was the voice of Zeus. As much as I loathe Nathan Fillion, he did a great Steve Trevor, and he got some of the best lines (especially the "Mass Production" line).

As to recent Marvel animated films, I admit, I liked the Hulk versus duology. I preferred the Hulk/Thor one more, but I freely admit, it was because I love the Asgardians more than Wolverine. The Next Avengers one made my soul die a little bit, why we couldn't get a Young Avengers one instead is far beyond my comprehension.

Dr Strange was made of epic and awesome, it's one of my all time favorite animated flicks.

It was also made of Neil Patrick Harris sweat and sour apple Jolly Ranchers.

Wonder Woman.... friggen awesome, tho I was kinda pissy about
Cheetah being relegated to the last minute or so
, the voice acting was wonderful (pardon the pun). I loved Alfred Molina as Ares, and Virginia Madsen as Queen Hippy, tho I was kinda surprised that David McCallum was the voice of Zeus. As much as I loathe Nathan Fillion, he did a great Steve Trevor, and he got some of the best lines (especially the "Mass Production" line).

Wonder Woman was indeed awesome. So that only adds another tally to DC's win streak. All around great voice acting...solid animation...and full on decapitation.

I can understand about
Cheetah
. But it was an origins story.

As to recent Marvel animated films, I admit, I liked the Hulk versus duology. I preferred the Hulk/Thor one more, but I freely admit, it was because I love the Asgardians more than Wolverine. The Next Avengers one made my soul die a little bit, why we couldn't get a Young Avengers one instead is far beyond my comprehension.

Hated Hulk Vs. Wasn't pleased with either one. Got geeked at some of the Asgardian stuff like Odinsleep and Ragnarok. But overall....meh. Meanwhile Wolverine had better animation...but virtually no story (despite the nod to 3-year ongoing Ultimate Hulk Vs Wolverine mini).

Next Avengers made me sterile.

Yeah I liked Wonder Woman, but did anyone else pretend that Steve Trevor was just JLU Vigilante without the bandanna and hat?

Gotham Knight was a tremendous disappointment for me and I felt like I was just watching variations on the kind of stories that had been done in TAS or the comics before.

I've only actually watched
Superman: Doomsday
Justice League: New Frontier
Ultimate Avengers
Ultimate Avengers 2

(and the Batman TAS movies)

and i didn't really love any of them (i mean the recent ones, i did like the TAS moveis)

so i stopped buying them. The Green Lantern one looks decent as does Hulk Vs so i might buy those, and if they make the Teen Titans Judas Contract, I'd be all over that.

There are a lot of better stories to adapt than Superman/Batman....It'd be interesting to see The Dark Knight Returns or Kingdom Come. Still, this should be good.

I generally prefer the DC Animated. Speaking of which, I need to see Wonder Woman.

Still, the anime Iron Man looks incredible, and I haven't been so excited over a Marvel Animated Film in my life.

Just watched "Dr. Strange: Sorceror Supreme" again and it's still a surprisingly good film.

Wolverine anime looks like the only thing in common with the actual character is the claws, so meh. Iron Man did look cool though

Latest posts

Back