Marvel Cinematic Universe News, Rumors, and Discussion

Now which Carol or we getting? The murder loving, alcoholic, ******* ***** Carol that we know and love or the "strong woman" who doesn't remember she was raped because that's too traumatizing for a woman to handle Carol?

Now which Carol or we getting? The murder loving, alcoholic, ******* ***** Carol that we know and love or the "strong woman" who doesn't remember she was raped because that's too traumatizing for a woman to handle Carol?

I thought I was cynical.

I never know how to feel about these cast rumors and announcements. I always start to feel like "no way will that work" but 99 times out of 100 it seems like they do.

Kelly Sue deconnick has ruined this character. Remember the Carol that would fly Skrull up in outer space and watch it die because she enjoyed it? Or he one that was itching for a fight no matter what? The one that went to war with a smile on her face? I miss Carol. She used to be badass. I wish I could find the interview, but KSD said that she had Carol's memory wiped because she didn't want Carol to remember she was raped because it held the character back. That really ticks me off.

Last edited:
Kelly Sue deconnick has ruined this character. Remember the Carol that would fly Skrull up in outer space and watch it die because she enjoyed it? Or he one that was itching for a fight no matter what? The one that went to war with a smile on her face? I miss Carol. She used to be badass. I wish I could find the interview, but KSD said that she had Carol's memory wiped because she didn't want Carol to remember she was raped because it held the character back. That really ticks me off.

I don't remember any of that.

The only thing I remember about KSD's run was that she washelping some female fighter pilots or something like that. Maybe it was that she was in WW2 or something? It was pretty unremarkable.

The only thing I remember about KSD's run was that she washelping some female fighter pilots or something like that. Maybe it was that she was in WW2 or something? It was pretty unremarkable.
That was the Secret Wars series.

4440724-3043329-slide-s-1-first-look-at-captain-marvel-and-the-carol-corp.jpg

Last edited:

I try to forget that

1084605-05.jpg

But yeah, Secret Invasion

1670217-ms_marvel_28_mrshepherd_megan_pg11_1_.jpg

Last edited:
This is encouraging

Sony movie chief Tom Rothman was asked by The Hollywood Reporter whether they were planning to make more Spider-Man related live action movies (ie Venom, etc) and if Marvel Studios would be involved. This was his response:

Yes to both those questions. It's been fantastic, our relationship with Marvel. Sony has the ultimate authority, but we have deferred the creative lead to Marvel, because they know what they're doing…Knowing that Marvel has such a clear, creative vision, I sleep very well at night.

This is encouraging

Sony movie chief Tom Rothman was asked by The Hollywood Reporter whether they were planning to make more Spider-Man related live action movies (ie Venom, etc) and if Marvel Studios would be involved. This was his response:

Not surprising. Sony has been trying to do the Spidey cinematic universe since the ASM series, so it makes sense they'd want to continue that approach (successfully this time), especially with Marvel guiding the creative side of it. It's more profit for both Sony and Marvel (in fact it's like another franchise within the existing MCU, in a sense, given the Spidey-centric spin offs still under Sony's umbrella).

Very exciting. :)

The Empire magazine podcast interviewed Jeff Goldblum, and he mentioned that he'll be filming his part in Thor: Ragnarok in Australia for "three weeks to a month", so presumably it's a major role, not just a small cameo.

Also, the guy is funny as hell. In the interview he's hyperactive and all over the place, it's really funny. You can listen to it here (the interview starts at about the 41 minute mark).

James Gunn reveals Skrulls film rights are co-owned by FOX and Marvel.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the big news?..

A while ago one of the executives at Marvel studios tweeted they had big news. She couldn't say what it was but that it would "blow our freaking minds." I assume that if it was that big they'd announce it at Comic Con. Maybe Marvel and fox finally made up...

I wonder if that has anything to do with the big news?..

A while ago one of the executives at Marvel studios tweeted they had big news. She couldn't say what it was but that it would "blow our freaking minds." I assume that if it was that big they'd announce it at Comic Con. Maybe Marvel and fox finally made up...

Skrull rights news wouldn't blow anyone's mind.

Skrull rights news wouldn't blow anyone's mind.

No it wouldn't. But they might use that as a means to bridge the two Universes together. Or they just have Deadpool get a hold of Cable's Time device and mess up the time stream. Since we all know how Deadpool loves to play with things he shouldn't.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Vin Diesel Confirms Guardians Of The Galaxy For Avengers: Infinity War

"What's gonna be surreal is that picture is going to come to pass because now the Guardians will be included in Avengers: Infinity War and that's incredibly exciting. Incredibly exciting. Incredibly exciting and something that if you were a part of our page you knew before everybody.""

Of course a lot of people expected this, especially after the Russos confirmed Star-Lord's appearance, but it's always nice to have a confirmation.

Latest posts

Back