Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I added the bonus story of GotG 2 to the timeline. I might add the Captain Marvel one after I get ahold of it.

Let us know what's in the Captain Marvel one, when you get it. I read somewhere it's about the Starforce on the Rise story, so I'm curious.

What's the GotG story about?

"The reason you survived is because you're a very uncommon girl."

Huh, sounds like that doesn't fit the X-Men movies universe. What it does fit, however, is the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Sounds similar to the rumour about adding Marvel Cinematic Universe references in this film.

"The reason you survived is because you're a very uncommon girl."

Huh, sounds like that doesn't fit the X-Men movies universe. What it does fit, however, is the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Sounds similar to the rumour about adding Marvel Cinematic Universe references in this film.

I read that this is the original version, not a reshot version, since Disney didn't want reshoots. So no MCU references or the like.

Looks like Morbius will be in the MCU.

Not only will J Jonah Jameson appear, but there's a reference to Far from Home via leaked image.
Wrong suit aside, since it's graffiti paint.
EOHRV00X0AEL7hu.jpg%3Alarge

Also now we might potentially be adding Venom, Deadpool and New Mutants to the timeline later this year. If we ever get confirmation.

Again though...
Raimi's Spidey has never been associated with murder aside from poor ol' dead Harry Osborn in that world. He's not one to write graffiti on a wall.

Obviously they're referencing Far From Home. Why they're using the wrong image of the suit, you can ask Sony about that. But it's more than likely an inaccurate poster or graffiti.

Let's be fair: Sony is not going to tie it into a long dead continuity after they just made up with Marvel Studios.

Again though...
Raimi's Spidey has never been associated with murder aside from poor ol' dead Harry Osborn in that world. He's not one to write graffiti on a wall.

Obviously they're referencing Far From Home. Why they're using the wrong image of the suit, you can ask Sony about that. But it's more than likely an inaccurate poster or graffiti.
That picture is from Spider-Man ps4 to showcase the free DLC for the Raimi (or "webbed") suit. Sony could be reusing that image, though, but they must be incredibly relaxed on continuity.

I know it's not, but if it were in the Raimiverse, I'd love that for the simple nostalgia. I'd be annoyed if Pizza Parker killed someone without the influence of the deceased symbiote, unless he was framed by Bruce Campbell's Mysterio. Unfortunately, if it were, that reminds me of Catwoman forcing itself in the Burtonverse.

It can't be if it's tied to Venom, though, unless Venom and Eddie are simply different characters from their similarly named, at least for Brock, counterparts.

Where was this image found, anyway?

Why?

Someone had it on Twitter and one of the Discords I'm in.
Maybe it will be changed into an Earth-199999 variant in post-production. Some editing could go a long way.

No matter whether it's good or bad, I don't think it will be bad but people don't trust Sony, at least Sony's films have comic accurate suits. Just not the correct ones, in Spider-Man's case.
EOG58udWoAAekfG.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, it's definitely canon, unless you're a Marvel Cinematic Universe elitist, which is fine.

So... how we gonna fit Venom in? After October 2017 or October 2024? I've got the time codes on my timeline, unless you want to wait.

Well, it's definitely canon, unless you're a Marvel Cinematic Universe elitist, which is fine.

So... how we gonna fit Venom in? After October 2017 or October 2024? I've got the time codes on my timeline, unless you want to wait.

I mean, I'm not an MCU elitist by any means, I still want the Titan Rising novel on the timeline .....but let's wait till the movie is released to start putting any of these Venomverse movies on the timeline, I would say.

I mean, I'm not an MCU elitist by any means, I still want the Titan Rising novel on the timeline .....but let's wait till the movie is released to start putting any of these Venomverse movies on the timeline, I would say.
I could probably use a better term for someone who doesn't want to complicate what's canon. I didn't mean it in a bad way, it's just someone who's strict on this topic, like the reasonably weary wikia.

Eh, I guess, though we already know it considers itself canon, and it's inevitable that the Spider-Man films will reference them, so it's only a matter of time, similar to Black Lightning to the Arrowverse in a way.

I could probably use a better term for someone who doesn't want to complicate what's canon. I didn't mean it in a bad way, it's just someone who's strict on this topic, like the reasonably weary wikia.

Eh, I guess, though we already know it considers itself canon, and it's inevitable that the Spider-Man films will reference them, so it's only a matter of time, similar to Black Lightning to the Arrowverse in a way.

I'm honestly really curious what Feige's gonna have to say about this movie's place in canon.

I'm honestly really curious what Feige's gonna have to say about this movie's place in canon.
Nothing, I bet.

He's silent on the tv shows, which he did confirm as canon but then ignored every other question on it.

I don't think he's going to have a choice, to be honest. Sony will most likely make it a two-way reference with the Spider-Man films.

Remember it's not a Marvel Cinematic Universe film, just a film that happens to be connected.

Latest posts

Back