Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Hey there, nerdy question for you all. When watching in timeline order all MCU content, where do you plan on placing multiverse set content such as What If, Marvel Zombies and Freshman Year. I'm curious to see how different people here are tackling it.
The films are higher up in canon for me, and I like to maintain the holy crap moments while also making things clear to understand to a newbie. So for me, the earliest I would put any of the animated shows would be after Loki S1 since they all play with the multiverse idea established by Loki. It's easier to explain to someone new that way.

The films are higher up in canon for me, and I like to maintain the holy crap moments while also making things clear to understand to a newbie. So for me, the earliest I would put any of the animated shows would be after Loki S1 since they all play with the multiverse idea established by Loki. It's easier to explain to someone new that way.
That's definitely true, it can be a complicated concept for newbies to grasp when it's thrown in without proper introduction

So, I'm rewatching What-If and I'm thinking for my own timeline, I might switch some things up with Fury's Big Week. Whether you go with the Prelude comic and the old Marvel timeline (which I believe is outdated anyway) or the What-If episode, there are some contradictions. But, I personally feel like What-If takes precedent over the comic. This is what I've come up with based on What-If.

Sunday, May 29th- Tony's birthday. This is concrete and matches with What-If telling us the next day is Monday.

Monday, May 30th- Fury finds Tony at Randy's Donuts, Tony goes through his dad's files, Bruce arrives at Culver University, Tony meets with Pepper in her office, and Coulson leaves for New Mexico. That night, Coulson stops the robbery at the gas station and Thor arrives on Earth. Coulson is wearing the same tie when he's given the detail to watch Tony and when he tells him he's leaving for New Mexico, so for this, all to be the same day isn't too big a stretch.

Tuesday, May 31st- Coulson arrives in New Mexico, Bruce pretends to be a Pizza Delivery driver, Thor tries to steal Mjolnir off the SHIELD base, and back in New York, Tony and Rhodes face off against Vanko at the Stark Expo.

Wednesday, June 1st- Thor battles against the Destroyer and returns to Asgard, Bruce faces off against Ross at Culver University, Fury makes Tony a consultant where we can see the news report discussing Culver University.

Thursday, June 2nd- Bruce and Betty hide out at the hotel.

Friday, June 3rd- Harlem Battle.

Going off just the movies and What-If, I believe this works as the actual movies are vaguer on when certain events in other movies happen throughout the week. There are plenty of contradictions when you consider the Prelude comic, but like I said I personally feel like What-If would be more accurate. I know there's the excuse that What-If is an alternate universe, but I don't see how the nexus event of Hope's death would cause events like when Thor tried to get Mjolnir and when Bruce went against Ross to happen on different days.

I'm not asking for any changes to be made here, just thought I'd share.
After going back and watching the films, it looks like The Incredible Hulk would actually cover May 30th-June 4th.

May 30th- Bruce's arrival to Culver University.
May 31st- Bruce reunites with Betty.
June 1st- Battle at Culver University.
June 2nd- Bruce and Betty hide out at the motel.
June 3rd- Bruce and Betty travel to New York.
June 4th- Betty and Bruce arrive in New York, Harlem Battle.

This would have Fury's Big Week covering an entire week. Beginning on the 29th with Tony's birthday on a Sunday and ending with Harlem on the 4th the following Saturday. After finishing the films, this lines up with What-If, but as I mentioned does hugely contradict the previous tie-in comic and timeline, which has already been retconned by placing Iron Man 64 years after Steve was unfrozen or 2009.

Props to Disney+ for getting the timeline placement of I Am Groot correct. Specifically placing the first one between the two GotG and the rest after.

I wonder if that's why they decided to make the episodes separate titles instead of one season.

I wonder if that's why they decided to make the episodes separate titles instead of one season.
Yeah I wondered that myself. It adds a long in unecessary length to the Disney+ timeline, but if they're gonna go separate episodes instead of a single season may as well get the placement accurate.

so with I am Groot Season 1 released the timeline should look like this:

Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Post-Credits Scene
Guardians of the Galaxy Pre-Credits Scene
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D S02E03
I am Groot S01E01
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 Post-Credits Scene
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 Pre-Credits Scene
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 First Mid-Credits Scene
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 Second Mid-Credits Scene
I am Groot S01E02
I am Groot S01E02 Pre-Credits Scene
I am Groot S01E03 - S01E05
I am Groot S01E05 Post-Credits Scene

I am Groot S02E01 - S02E05

Daredevil S01E01 - S01E13

Anyone have any doubts or a different take (i put i am groot episode 1 closer to volume 2 because of the fruit on the table and the fact that groot would still be getting used to being a baby)

Ok now I'm starting to second guess myself because there are 5 time jumps at the start of I am Groot Episode 1 but idk if they are days or weeks and idk if that places it before or after AoS S02E03 depending on how precise it has been placed in the timeline

He's wrong. I mean, this is the channel where they believe Daredevil blipped into the MCU from the "Defendersverse" from the multiverse so I wouldn't take them seriously.

Officially, they've said I Am Groot is set after Vol. 2.

Not joking, by the way. :p
"I think the Netflix Daredevil swapped places with the MCU Matt Murdock during the snap and the blip."

Nice theory. Want to know mine? I think you're an idiot, lol. Somehow that's even worse than thinking the show isn't canon.

Somehow that's even worse than thinking the show isn't canon.
I think its just because its an incredibly convoluted explanation. It aggravates me the same way as the people who insist that the only possible way that mutants can be introduced is if there is some big multiverse convergence or "infinity gem radiation". Its like they cannot accept that the MCU might not match the version in their heads so they have to preserve their own headcanons above the content of the show.

It also reminds me of Doctor Who in the eighties, where the shows lore had become extremely dense and the writing team were all fanboys so you would have these episodes where the characters sat in a room meticulously explaining plot points so the writers could justify their own fan theories

Latest posts

Back