Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I think its just because its an incredibly convoluted explanation. It aggravates me the same way as the people who insist that the only possible way that mutants can be introduced is if there is some big multiverse convergence or "infinity gem radiation". Its like they cannot accept that the MCU might not match the version in their heads so they have to preserve their own headcanons above the content of the show.

It also reminds me of Doctor Who in the eighties, where the shows lore had become extremely dense and the writing team were all fanboys so you would have these episodes where the characters sat in a room meticulously explaining plot points so the writers could justify their own fan theories
Yeah there's a part of me that enjoys explanations for why things are happening or showing up now. But sometimes the best explanation is just "it was there all along and just didn't mix with the plots being shown"

So, what's the closest forthcoming Marvel movie? And do they plan to cooperate with Netflix, for example, to make a prolonged series? I'm sure such a series would have a good rating.
On the other hand, Netflix only seems to be at the top of the movie market when they suffer from poor management choices. They decided to invest lots of money into originals that are mostly garbage and thus don't have money for more long-lasting and reputable projects.
This makes me look for other online services for choosing good movies or series for the evening.

Last edited:
So, what's the closest forthcoming Marvel movie? And do they plan to cooperate with Netflix, for example, to make a prolonged series? I'm sure such a series would have a good rating.
I think Black Panther 2 is the next movie coming out (November 2023, I think) and no they won't ever put any marvel show or movie on Netflix they'll go straight to Disney+

I'm thinking it'll be late 2025. I'd be surprised if the Disney + timeline doesn't just place it after Ms. Marvel.
So would I, but I have faith that we'll be able to find the clues to place the series well enough. Some people have made some pretty amazing catches on here.

So would I, but I have faith that we'll be able to find the clues to place the series well enough. Some people have made some pretty amazing catches on here.
As long as there isn't anything contradictory, I see no problem following the Disney + timeline. Now that COVID issues behind the scenes have passed, I'm hoping we see little if any at all errors on the Disney + timeline.
Not sure why people think Smart Hulk can't change back into regular Bruce. No different than regular Hulk, no reason to think he can't switch back and forth at will now.
I think their belief is that they merged into one. Making Bruce unable to return to normal. Also, all of Endgame he remained in the Smart Hulk form which just adds to that belief. I'm sure we'll get an explanation in She-Hulk.

What are the chances the "non-canon" tie-in video games and comics could exist as a branch or two from the Earth-199999 time stream?
Not the main one obviously. The MCU Wiki seems to imply that the tie-in contradictory or loose-canon stuff could be.

What are the chances the "non-canon" tie-in video games and comics could exist as a branch or two from the Earth-199999 time stream?
Not the main one obviously. The MCU Wiki seems to imply that the tie-in contradictory or loose-canon stuff could be.
I mean you can look at it that way if you want, I'd personally wait for confirmation though.

I just hope its less vague this time. Both Thor 4 and MK have valid arguments for both 2024 and 2025. It sucks as, at least for me, the timeline won't be definitively nailed down for a while.

I just hope its less vague this time. Both Thor 4 and MK have valid arguments for both 2024 and 2025. It sucks as, at least for me, the timeline won't be definitively nailed down for a while.
The vaguer the movie/show, the more accurate I believe the Disney + placement is. Right now I still see both Moon Knight and Love & Thunder as being in 2025 (I still don't think the moon phases theory works, as even if it's intentional, the MCU is a fictional universe where the moon doesn't always line up with our world).

Yeah unless we find something to contradict the placement like with Eternals, Shang-Chi, Moon Knight etc. I go with the Disney+ Timeline. As more projects get released I find the ones that were more vauge start falling into place

I tought that It was already the idea with the marvel multiverse. Anything that is not canon is just canon in another universe.

The vaguer the movie/show, the more accurate I believe the Disney + placement is. Right now I still see both Moon Knight and Love & Thunder as being in 2025 (I still don't think the moon phases theory works, as even if it's intentional, the MCU is a fictional universe where the moon doesn't always line up with our world).
Eh, I'll counter by saying that stuff like moons are done through VFX. They don't wait for the moons to be perfect to shoot the episodes, which means the moon phases were intentionally made what they are for each episode. Meaning they also didn't just make them whatever they wanted and actually properly put them in phase order. When they started removing references, they probably thought no one would care/notice the moon phase thing. For me that's enough to make the exhibit timeframe work for the story and put MK in 2024.

My bigger issue is Thor because GC putting it in 2024 is entirely contingent on the MK placement. Even if you google it, most people that picked up on the god butcher, 5 Egyptian gods instead of 9 thing, put them in 2025 back to back. It's harder for me to sell Thor is 2024 than it is MK is 2024 because MK feels like there are references left behind and in Thor there aren't.

Yeah unless we find something to contradict the placement like with Eternals, Shang-Chi, Moon Knight etc. I go with the Disney+ Timeline. As more projects get released I find the ones that were more vauge start falling into place
They have screwed up their own timeline on there in the past so I won't ever see them as accurate. I will always defer to any other source than their placement. Do I think that they help outside sources place MCU entries? Sure, but I still don't think they are the absolute say on this. IM3/Thor 2 is wrong for starters, as is Eternals.

Eh, I'll counter by saying that stuff like moons are done through VFX. They don't wait for the moons to be perfect to shoot the episodes, which means the moon phases were intentionally made what they are for each episode. Meaning they also didn't just make them whatever they wanted and actually properly put them in phase order. When they started removing references, they probably thought no one would care/notice the moon phase thing. For me that's enough to make the exhibit timeframe work for the story and put MK in 2024.

My bigger issue is Thor because GC putting it in 2024 is entirely contingent on the MK placement. Even if you google it, most people that picked up on the god butcher, 5 Egyptian gods instead of 9 thing, put them in 2025 back to back. It's harder for me to sell Thor is 2024 than it is MK is 2024 because MK feels like there are references left behind and in Thor there aren't.
Oh, I believe they intentionally used the moon phases during production, however, I don't think it's being adhered to. They even said they had a time period in mind that could later be changed. Which is what I think is happening. Given the MCU doesn't always line up with our world, I choose the Disney+ placement over the moon phases since other than it, there's absolutely nothing placing Moon Knight specifically in 2024. The fact that they put Multiverse of Madness before Hawkeye (clearly set in December 2024) and Moon Knight after, makes me believe they want Multiverse of Madness in 2024 and Moon Knight in 2025.

They have screwed up their own timeline on there in the past so I won't ever see them as accurate. I will always defer to any other source than their placement. Do I think that they help outside sources place MCU entries? Sure, but I still don't think they are the absolute say on this. IM3/Thor 2 is wrong for starters, as is Eternals.
The Iron Man 3/The Dark World placement is just them going off TDW's opening scene set directly after The Avengers. I don't agree with it, but I understand how they came up with it. As for Eternals, I believe it's a case of the movie being produced as the first film set after Endgame but with Covid messing with their releases, they put Shang-Chi first since it was released first. Now that we're out of COVID schedule changes, I'm hoping the Disney + timeline can be more accurate, which to me it has been past Eternals.

Latest posts

Back