Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Honestly it's really hard to say. Raccoon's don't live that long so the High Evolutionary clearly changed that and without any time frame for how long he's been on the run there's no way to say definitively. Did they provide evidence for why they said 4?

This is one of the articles I was reading

This is one of the articles I was reading
Yeah they seem to use real life spans of Raccoons as an argument for their estimate which I wouldn't say is invalid necessarily but it's really hard to make a clear guess because of his enhancements. Makes placing the the flashbacks difficult, especially as time clearly passes then.

Having just seen the movie, there isn't anything specific.
At the end of the movie, Peter reunites with his grandfather and I don't think the weather looked very summer like. The end credit scene shows Peter's grandpa reading a paper, but I couldn't make out any dates. Given how standalone the movie is, this is one where I think the best bet would be to see where Disney + places it. Since the movie itself is so vague.
Isn't Peter's age mentioned there? I mean it may be more of an estimate, but its something. He was abducted at 8, and was however old he was in 2014 (I'm getting ready for bed and I'm tired, so no math right now). Of course he was blipped for 5 years as well.

Also, I don't follow what happens in any other country, but Homecoming is now on Disney Plus and they have it after Black Panther, so yay! Too bad they didn't digitally alter the "8 Years Later".

Isn't Peter's age mentioned there? I mean it may be more of an estimate, but its something. He was abducted at 8, and was however old he was in 2014 (I'm getting ready for bed and I'm tired, so no math right now). Of course he was blipped for 5 years as well.

Also, I don't follow what happens in any other country, but Homecoming is now on Disney Plus and they have it after Black Panther, so yay! Too bad they didn't digitally alter the "8 Years Later".
It's not Peter's age that's mentioned. He's talking about his grandfather's new wife's son being 45.

Even after all these years, they still haven't altered that "8 Years Later", especially when the official word has confirmed said text to be a mistake?

Talk about a wasted opportunity.

Last edited:
The American version of the timeline book has some preview pages on Amazon and already gives some good details.

1. I Am Iron Man is confirmed to be in "Spring 2008". This not only matches here but proves the old timeline released before The Avengers (that had I Am Iron Man as being 9 months after Tony's capture) is obsolete since Tony's capture is said to be "Early 2008".
  2. There's a page showing the Hulk's history with him facing Abomination in 2010 (it's looking like Fury's Big Week is going to be considered 2010). It also shows him helping She-Hulk from 2024-2025, so with the "a few months ago" mention in the show, we may have to push the beginning of the series back a little, similar to the wiki.
  3. Age of Ultron is "Spring 2015", once again matching here.

The American version of the timeline book has some preview pages on Amazon and already gives some good details.

1. I Am Iron Man is confirmed to be in "Spring 2008". This not only matches here but proves the old timeline released before The Avengers (that had I Am Iron Man as being 9 months after Tony's capture) is obsolete since Tony's capture is said to be "Early 2008".
  2. There's a page showing the Hulk's history with him facing Abomination in 2010 (it's looking like Fury's Big Week is going to be considered 2010). It also shows him helping She-Hulk from 2024-2025, so with the "a few months ago" mention in the show, we may have to push the beginning of the series back a little, similar to the wiki.
  3. Age of Ultron is "Spring 2015", once again matching here.
How much does Number 2 complicate the timeline?

How much does Number 2 complicate the timeline?
Either way, there are contradictions. Pros include the Stark Expo 2010 promo material, the Monaco Grand Prix seen in Iron Man 2 happened in May 2010, and Natasha's line about Bruce going "over a year" without an incident. Some negatives are Fury's "last year" line when referring to Thor's arrival and Darcy's line about Thor being gone "2 Years" in The Dark World (although I guess you can go with her meaning the now 2 years from Thor and The Avengers).

I had earlier discussed how the What-If episode revolving around Fury's Big Week contradicted the old timeline and comic (events that happened on different days in that timeline/comic now happened on the same day and vice versa). As I said that timeline seems obsolete now since it had "I Am Iron Man" 9 months after Tony was captured. The comic also had Fury's Big Week falling a year before The Avengers, but between What-If and now seemingly placing these events in 2010, I wouldn't be surprised if it's at the very least getting ignored and maybe even like the timeline that follows along with it, may be obsolete now.

I hypothetically came up with what Fury's Big Week would now look like following What-If and the new book. This contradicts the comic, but as I said, it seems to be ignored. The specific days of the week come from the What-If episode:

May 30th, 2010 (Sunday)- Tony's Birthday Party. I know his Birthday is the 29th, but What-If tells us the next day is Monday. If it were 2011, the 29th works perfectly as it would be Sunday.

May 31st, 2010 (Monday)- Fury finds Tony at Randy's Donuts, Tony goes through his dad's files, Bruce arrives at Culver University, Tony meets with Pepper in her office, and Coulson leaves for New Mexico. That night, Coulson stops the robbery at the gas station and Thor arrives on Earth. Coulson is wearing the same tie when he's given the detail to watch Tony and when he tells him he's leaving for New Mexico, so for this, all to be the same day isn't too big a stretch.

June 1st, 2010 (Tuesday)- Coulson arrives in New Mexico, Bruce pretends to be a Pizza Delivery driver, Thor tries to steal Mjolnir off the SHIELD base, and back in New York, Tony and Rhodes face off against Vanko at the Stark Expo.

June 2nd, 2010 (Wednesday)- Thor battles against the Destroyer and returns to Asgard, Bruce faces off against Ross at Culver University, and Fury makes Tony a consultant where we can see the news report discussing Culver University.

June 3rd, 2010 (Thursday)- Bruce and Betty hide out at the hotel.

June 4th, 2010 (Friday)- Bruce and Betty travel to New York.

June 5th, 2010 (Saturday)- Bruce and Betty arrive in New York, Harlem Battle.

It'll be interesting to see if Fury's Big Week gets its own section in the book and how it's handled.

Last edited:
Disney + has placed Quantumania after the Guardians Holiday Special on their timeline. It does fit more with them saying Cassie is 18 behind the scenes (born in September 2007, 18 in July 2026). The only thing I can think of narrowing it down to 2025 was the Wakanda Forever Easter egg. I guess it's a huge stretch to say Scott would be on a book tour over a year. Maybe the timeline book includes it and gives further confirmation.

I was thinking another possibility with Quantumania is Scott's book reading isn't actually part of his tour and is just a separate event. The book's cover shows it was an "international best seller" and it's safe to assume a first-person account of the events from Endgame would still be extremely popular even a year later. It seems the bookstore is in San Fransisco, so I think Scott doing a separate reading in the city he lives in over a year later does make sense.

I was thinking another possibility with Quantumania is Scott's book reading isn't actually part of his tour and is just a separate event. The book's cover shows it was an "international best seller" and it's safe to assume a first-person account of the events from Endgame would still be extremely popular even a year later. It seems the bookstore is in San Fransisco, so I think Scott doing a separate reading in the city he lives in over a year later does make sense.
Also, Scott still doing book readings even after a year of release is in line with his character in Quantumania.

I'd be open to the idea of Quantumania being in 2026, I think 2025 as of right now makes a little more sense but as Rman said I think there's enough of an argument to be made for a 2026 argument if more people here agree

I'd be open to the idea of Quantumania being in 2026, I think 2025 as of right now makes a little more sense but as Rman said I think there's enough of an argument to be made for a 2026 argument if more people here agree
If you go with Ant-Man being September/October 2015, I think 2026 works better since Cassie is supposed to be 18 during the movie (September 2007-July 2026). If you see it as July/August 2015, then 2025 works better (July 2007-July 2025). I still personally go with what we have here due to the date on the phone and what seems to be a reference to Spider-Man, with Peter saying he had his powers for 6 months in Civil War (October 2015-April 2016). Plus, I think the birthday stuff at the end works better if she was born in September since Quantumania would be very shortly after her actual birthday if it was July. So, I'm leaning more toward 2026 for now, but I'm also waiting to see if the movie is included in the timeline book which would confirm Marvel Studios's own feelings.

So The Incredible Hulk got added to Disney+ (in Canada anyway) and timeline wise it's between Iron Man 2 and Thor.

This got me thinking, what order do you all watch Fury's Big Week in? Personally I go Iron Man 2, Thor, The Incredible Hulk based roughly on the order they roughly end in.

So The Incredible Hulk got added to Disney+ (in Canada anyway) and timeline wise it's between Iron Man 2 and Thor.

This got me thinking, what order do you all watch Fury's Big Week in? Personally I go Iron Man 2, Thor, The Incredible Hulk based roughly on the order they roughly end in.
I do the same. I always see The Incredible Hulk after Iron Man 2 in other timelines and always feel it works better last since it ends the latest. Plus it makes sense to go from Iron Man 2 to A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer and The Incredible Hulk into The Consultant.

Yeah I do it this way as well. Both Thor and TIH have to occur after IM2, due to the footage in the Fury meeting and the Consultant setup. But with Coulson leaving literally in the middle of IM2 to basically go to Thor, it makes the films more seemless watching them back to back and then adding TIH on afterwards. TIH happens all over both films, but the Fury meeting footage is simply an easter egg for people to spot, while the consultant is a legit setup point for TIH's ending.

I like the theory that Marvel has placed Quantumania later in the timeline so the more political/street-level stuff happens earlier. Secret Invasion is already looking to be November 2025, and I could see New World Order and Thunderbolts happening early in 2026 (at least before Quantumania in July 2026). I could also see Echo being earlier in 2025, not too long after Hawkeye, and maybe the New Year's Eve that's a part of Daredevil: Born Again is 2025 into 2026. It's going to be interesting to see how things end up playing out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back